• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Vikings signed nearly a starting team worth of players, not sure of names but all top quality. I believe Mike Noble is also staying and not leaving

S

sportsfan

Does anyone have the skinny on the ACT U20 game/trial this week on wednesday night?

ten four

Stan Wickham (3)
ozboks won the bowl at Kiama .They were unlucky to be beaten by southern districts in the pool match( 3 tries each) .Southern Districts were also unluckily beaten by Manly A ( eventual winners) 17 -17 ( manly scored first)

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
And yes, Ben Johnson is confirmed as leaving - big loss for Royals. Good bloke, and great player.

Interesting actually talking to mates at Royals - not everyone is happy with how the club is currently operating, and specifically, how they picked players for 1sts last year. See what eventuates. Anyone else have any information?

Hoping they can sort out their culture, from recent experience, when there is angst and disunity amongst the club things go incredibly downhill. I would not wish a season like what happened at Easts in 2009 on anyone. Even Royals.

East's have a trial match against Victoria as the curtain raiser for Brumbies and Reds. It'll be interesting to see who manages to win positions in the pack. Victoria are pretty handy, should be a good gauge as to player selection and fitness (!).

Your post about ROyals Empire....where do you get your information, and are those who arent happy in 4th or 5th Grade?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Your post about ROyals Empire....where do you get your information, and are those who arent happy in 4th or 5th Grade?

I'm not going to out a source, or more importantly, a mate of mine. Irrespective, he wasn't talking 4th or 5ths. He does manage to play a bit further up the pecking order!

As I said, hope the issues work out for tue better. A strong royals, as with any other club is a good thing for ACT rugby.

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Its just funny how others bag other clubs regarding club culture etc.
Royals has the strongest club culture I think in the Canberra Competition, hence why players never Leave unlike other clubs where they are always losing players too other clubs. Issues were dealt with last year at the time it happened, thats why we are strong, we confront the issue and find a resolution and sort it, end of story. No disharmony, nothing wrong with Culture and definitley no issues. Our numbers constantly hitting the 75-80 mark regularly at training speaks for itself...

A

Albert

I stuck this in the Shute Shield thread, but may be more relevant here:

Does anyone have extra info on Steve Noriega? I know he's a prop, I know his old man was pretty bloody handy, and I know he's been in and around the Brumbies set-up for a few years. He's with us now, and is a big man. Can he play? Any specific reason he's not still in Canberra?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Its just funny how others bag other clubs regarding club culture etc.
Royals has the strongest club culture I think in the Canberra Competition, hence why players never Leave unlike other clubs where they are always losing players too other clubs. Issues were dealt with last year at the time it happened, thats why we are strong, we confront the issue and find a resolution and sort it, end of story. No disharmony, nothing wrong with Culture and definitley no issues. Our numbers constantly hitting the 75-80 mark regularly at training speaks for itself...

No one is bagging anyone, if you're implying that. This being a forum, people contribute bits and pieces from around the traps. Take what you will. The player I know is a proud Royals player, and will continue to stay so - so I trust what he is telling me is accurate.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
No one is bagging anyone, if you're implying that. This being a forum, people contribute bits and pieces from around the traps. Take what you will. The player I know is a proud Royals player, and will continue to stay so - so I trust what he is telling me is accurate.

Sounds like fighting words LOL

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ding
Ding!

Haha no, I'm not one for being malicious towards any club - I'm pro Rugby in the ACT, and as such I prefer every club to be happy. I do like discussing how we are all travelling however. Keeps me occupied whilst stuck in Calary ICU on a break.

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Only trial games i know of are, Royals beating Central West Rep Side last weekend in Cowra 7 tries to 1. Tuggies beating Central West at Bathurst yesterday around the same score line, 7 tries to 3 or something along those lines.

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Ok to the best of my Knowledge....GAINS and LOSSES for Canberra Clubs...(Please add if you have information)

Queanbeyan - GAINS - LEWIS HOLLAND, LESLIE MAKIN others to be confirmed LOSSES - Robbie Coleman, Tyler Stevens
Tuggies - GAINS - Kelemedi Vosuga others to be confirmed LOSSES - Dan Yakapo, Sam Yakapo, Tom Maitaka, Kyron Pita, Tim Curran, Sione Taula, Mike Noble and more.
EASTS - GAINS - Ulz Uelese, Robbie Avery (UNI NORTHS) and others returning LOSSES - Jack Vanderglas, and more.
WESTS - Gains - Pama Fou - Losses - UNKNOWN
Gungahlin - GAINS - Unknown Losses - Nua Alone, Jimmy Campbell (Retired)
Uni Norths - GAINS - Unknown LOSSES - Leslie Makin (Qbyn), Robbie Avery (Easts)
ROYALS - GAINS - Kyron Pita (Tuggies), Tyson Tamihere (Akld), Leo Taliu (Akld) Tom Pelo (Syd Roosters) LOSSES - Bronson Shepard (Parramatta), Melbourne Lesa (Rebels) and more

Can anyone confirm all clubs?

Royals: Leo Taliu (Ponsonby, Northland NPC, Auckland NPC NZ U20s, NZ Schools, NZ U17s), Tyson Tamihere (Auckland NPC Development), Daniel Gaitau (Massey Rugby Football, North Harbour), Tom Tuivaiti (Massey Rugby, North Harbour) Tom Pelo (Sydney Roosters Toyota Cup, Brumbies Academy) also Soks Tai back, Ben Johnston remaining in Canberra now. Hopefully Joe Kolo to return depending on Tongan World Cup Commitments.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Royals: Leo Taliu (Ponsonby, Northland NPC, Auckland NPC NZ U20s, NZ Schools, NZ U17s), Tyson Tamihere (Auckland NPC Development), Daniel Gaitau (Massey Rugby Football, North Harbour), Tom Tuivaiti (Massey Rugby, North Harbour) Tom Pelo (Sydney Roosters Toyota Cup, Brumbies Academy) also Soks Tai back, Ben Johnston remaining in Canberra now. Hopefully Joe Kolo to return depending on Tongan World Cup Commitments.

Where do you get your info from?

F

farmerc

Royals were well beaten in both Colts ( 50 something to nil)and Seniors( 38-19) by Newcastle yesterday

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone have any info on Vikings 1sts v Sydney uni?

I expect both teams had a few players out.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone have any info on Vikings 1sts v Sydney uni?

I expect both teams had a few players out.

Colts and 2nd grade vikings easily beaten ... and first grade i'm pretty sure uni got up 36-17 , yeah i think both teams had a lot of players out.

Status
Not open for further replies.