• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whilst perusing some stats for alternative purposes, I decided to have a look into L.Whitelock's Super Rugby 2018 stats. While they're only basic, and maybe not always useful, they paint a stark picture of the effectiveness of Whitelock and Ioane on attack.

Luke Whitelock (12 matches for 926 minutes)
Runs: 98
Metres: 408
Metres per run: 4.25
Linebreaks: 2
Tackle busts: 7

Akira Ioane (13 matches for 1,040 minutes)
Runs: 129
Metres: 786
Metres per run: 6
Linebreaks: 10
Tackle busts: 65

Even after playing every minute of every match, and carrying a pack being decimated on and off the pitch, once he gets the ball in hand, Ioane makes a mockery of Thierry Dusautoir's hand-me-down Anglophone cousin in Dunedin.

Given the pack's lack of punch without Retallick and Read, it would've been nice to have a #8 who could actually break a tackle more than once in every ~130 minutes (!) of rugby.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SOUTH AFRICA: Warrick Gelant, S'busiso Nkosi, Jessie Kriel, Andre Esterhuizen, Aphiwe Dyantyi, Elton Jantjies, Faf de Klerk; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (c), Franco Mostert, RG Snyman, Frans Malherbe, Chilliboy Ralepelle, Tendai Mtawarira. Reserves: Schalk Brits, Steven Kitshoff, Thomas du Toit, Jean-Luc du Preez, Sikhumbuzo Notshe, Embrose Papier, Handre Pollard, Willie le Roux

ENGLAND: Elliot Daly, Jonny May, Henry Slade, Owen Farrell (c), Mike Brown, Danny Cipriani, Ben Youngs; Nathan Hughes, Tom Curry, Chris Robshaw, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Kyle Sinckler, Jamie George, Joe Marler. Reserves: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Alec Hepburn, Harry Williams, Jonny Hill, Mark Wilson, Sam Simmonds, Ben Spencer, Denny Solomona

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good bench the Boks have. Will have to see how the starting lineup goes.

Would have liked to see du Preez at 10 next to Faf and his Sharks mates Esterhuizen and Am, even if on the bench.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would Britz be the oldest 'bok of the pro era if not of all-time?

Match officials for SA v Ringinland:

Referee: Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant Referees: Romain Poite (France), Ben O’Keeffe (New Zealand)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How on earth is dmac ahead of mounga? he'll be gone to Europe in no time me thinks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ NABCIF* has adopted DMac-to-10 as his Special Project, much as Wayne Smith once adopted Isaia Toeava-to-somewhere as his :)

* Next All Black Coach Ian Foster.

Mo'unga is signed through to RWC 2019 but, yeah, if he's available but not picked for it I'd say he'll be gonski.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep fair enough, but if Mounga does pack his bags and goes to Europe, he like anyone else that does, would go with my best wishes and would look for the one that wants to fight for a place in ABs. Not that I don't think he will get picked at some stage, but like most players they will pick when they throw him into Test rugby, as I imagine if he came on last week behind a pack going shit etc, perhaps he wouldn't of gone to flash and all the 'experts' would be saying he hasn't got it!!

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Re Mounga - I thought that too, but then realised it is his international debut, so maybe not that unreasonable to come off the bench.

Nor will he be that devo'd.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clear but cold (~4C) in Invercagill for Clan v French Barbarians. Nice touch with Southland legend Leicester Rutledge presenting the replica Claymore.

Pretty scrappy first half hour, Clan with the only try & leading 5-3.

EDIT: several of the French guys wearing odd socks which I don't recall them doing last week, wondering if it's somehow related to the U20's achievement e.g. one sock Club other School or junior Club.

RE-EDIT: in the second half one of the Comms said something about a laundry issue, apparently not all the team kit made it from Dunners to Invercargill so the players just had to make do with what they had.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Luke Whitelock
Tackle busts: 7

Akira Ioane
Tackle busts: 65

gest12_zps33aac891.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina: 15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Bautista Ezcurra, 11 Sebastian Cancelliere, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Martin Landajo, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Tomas Lezana, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Matias Alemanno, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustin Creevy (c), 1 Javier Diaz. Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Santiago Garcia Botta, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Marcos Kremer, 20 Tomas Lavanini, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23 Juan Cruz Mallia

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Dougie Fife, 13 Nick Grigg, 12 Pete Horne, 11 Blair Kinghorn, 10 Adam Hastings, 9 George Horne, 8 David Denton, 7 Fraser Brown, 6 Magnus Bradbury, 5 Grant Gilchrist, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 Simon Berghan, 2 Stuart McInally (c), 1 Allan Dell
Replacements: 16 George Turner, 17 Jamie Bhatti, 18 Zander Fagerson, 19 Ben Toolis, 20 Jamie Ritchie, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 James Lang, 23 Chris Harris

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Re Mounga - I thought that too, but then realised it is his international debut, so maybe not that unreasonable to come off the bench.

Nor will he be that devo'd.

Yep Blake it's sensible, and also listening to JK on Feed the backs the other night he was sure DMac would start, same as Frizzell and Savea, as he said Shag and co are like a settled playing group, Dmac has been bench player so he thought he would get moved to start, and Frizzell and Savea were in original squad named so he thought they would start.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say it match day again, and I well ready for another feast of rugby. Abs with their line up have really got my interest , as Wallaby/Irish can't believe how much I looking forward to it, and to top it off Boks/Poms!! And not even sure if I will have time for Scot/Argo test!
Now anyone try and tell me I don't follow the best game in the world!!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
France looking very good.
SBW still doing stupid stuff, if France didn't score he should have gone to the bin for playing that ball in the ruck.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Didn't SBW just rake the eyes of the French try scorer as he was scoring? After the yellow on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.