• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Definitely bad when Marshall and Smithy are both blowing up about it. Should the All Black’s win it will again be clouded in controversy. Not what anyone wants.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What the flying fuck was that, that was so painful. How could he not call that.

I can't remember the exact specifics but what was that Wallabies v NZ game last year where I think one of our wingers got done for obstruction well behind the play when we scored a try? It was the most marginal thing, yet this blatant obstruction doesn't get picked up.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Definitely bad when Marshall and Smithy are both blowing up about it. Should the All Black’s win it will again be clouded in controversy. Not what anyone wants.

If they win by seven, sure, but not if they win by 30. It's hardly like he red carded him for striking the ref or something.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Another blatantly obvious dud call by the ref in favour of the kiwis. FFS. Whether it impacts the result or not is irrelevant, that was just pathetic and WR (World Rugby) should be embarrassed about it, I hope it makes every news channel in every rugby playing country.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If they win by seven, sure, but not if they win by 30. It's hardly like he red carded him for striking the ref or something.

Actually wondered if Ref was playing advantage for him running into him;) That was shit positioning by ref, but French 9 actually run straight into him before Smith had even passed the ball!! I think he did it to show where the ref shouldn't be!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
There is no law in rugby about the ref impeding a defender as long as the ball-carrier doesn't touch the referee. Correct call. Bad positioning by Lacey.

Maybe but really? Laws schmaws.. should have just chalked it off. Common sense will save rugby one day, one day.

To be honest, I spotted Lacey and his awful positioning earlier. Stood in the way of a half back getting to the ruck earlier on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They "surprisingly" replayed it twice, anyway seems another referring decision has marred another NZ game past that, I'm moving on sick of the sour taste.

FFS you do realise he can't change the try don't you DM, it was crap positioning by ref but not wrong decision!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Though, by the letter of the law, he may have been correct.

THE BALL OR BALL-CARRIER TOUCHES THE REFEREE OR NON-PLAYER
10. If the ball or the ball-carrier touches the referee or other non-player and neither team gains an advantage, play continues. If either team gains an advantage in the field of play, a scrum is awarded to the team that last played the ball.

https://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=6

He didn't touch either McKenzie (ball-carrier), or the ball, so couldn't call a scrum by this law. Seems like something that should be rectified for these kind of situations.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There is no law in rugby about the ref impeding a defender as long as the ball-carrier doesn't touch the referee. Correct call. Bad positioning by Lacey.

Can't imagine there's any specific rules about players being impeded by medics, physios, water runners etc. but you'd hope that a try would be pulled up if a medic ran in the line of a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.