• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
this one has me really intrigued. He was bang on in his 'guess' as to when Hunt would be back.

I'd reckon there was a fair bit of background activity with this. Considering BDA's comment that he would likely have got off if the charges had been contested it's all very interesting. I suppose this gets it out of the papers at least, but at what cost to Hunt?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd reckon there was a fair bit of background activity with this. Considering BDA's comment that he would likely have got off if the charges had been contested it's all very interesting. I suppose this gets it out of the papers at least, but at what cost to Hunt?

One would hope that despite the legal ramifications, that through the rehab, the public scrutiny, etc that Hunt will see the error of his ways.

Cocaine is an addictive substance and despite what many may think, it is destructive both physically and emotionally.

I hope he makes the most of the opportunity and "2nd chance" he's now been given.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have to say the biggest issue for Karmichael will be the banter from opposition fans. It has already begun. (courtesy rugby banter page)

11008557_1058661524147693_6827158870882479942_n.jpg

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Do we allow everyone a chance to have one more "tut tut" and then close the thread down?
I suspect there may be some more fruit to fall from that particular tree but now that Hunt has accepted, and benefited from, the good advice he appears to have received hopefully that will mean any future mentions of his name will be as a witness only.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
One would hope that despite the legal ramifications, that through the rehab, the public scrutiny, etc that Hunt will see the error of his ways.

Cocaine is an addictive substance and despite what many may think, it is destructive both physically and emotionally.

I hope he makes the most of the opportunity and "2nd chance" he's now been given.

I'm sure he'll have a "heartfelt" news conference where he'll apologise to the fans, his parents, the childrem, the bunnines, the trees and the bees.

His agent will tell the media how deeply sorry he is. Maybe mum will also say something on morning TV, you never know.

Everyone will comment that he seems like a good bloke and all will be forgiven.

That's how we treat sports stars these days. They can get away with a heck of a lot.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm sure he'll have a "heartfelt" news conference where he'll apologise to the fans, his parents, the childrem, the bunnines, the trees and the bees.

His agent will tell the media how deeply sorry he is. Maybe mum will also say something on morning TV, you never know.

Everyone will comment that he seems like a good bloke and all will be forgiven.

That's how we treat sports stars these days. They can get away with a heck of a lot.

There's no avoiding a public news conference of some sort, but let it not be some contrived and rehearsed job like the Joey Johns tell all.

The public is a pretty good judge of when something is genuine or not.

If I were advising him, I'd tell him to keep it simple, don't shy away from any questions and after you've said sorry (if he actually is) then focus on the rehab, the footy and serving the community.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No conviction is the key here fellas.

He can tick the NO box on international flights.

He will get a fine from either the ARU or QRU of I reckon $20-$50K
And a suspension of several weeks, 3 of which he has served.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No conviction is the key here fellas.

He can tick the NO box on international flights.

He will get a fine from either the ARU or QRU of I reckon $20-$50K
And a suspension of several weeks, 3 of which he has served.

A bit slow on the news scrubber........... :p

ARU and Reds suspend @karmichaelhunt for six weeks, fine him $30,000. Also enters rehab program. NOT sacked. Can play in round eight.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...SUSPENDED-FOR-SIX-WEEKS-AND-FINED-30-000.aspx

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
He didn't get away with it anyway. Being a sports start increased his punishment by $30k, not to mention the loss of his brand value and the publicity a "normal" person wouldn't have to contend with.

The thing that hasn't really been discussed much that I really struggle with, is that cocaine has a complication that a lot of other recreational drugs do not. There is crime involved in all drugs, but cocaine literally doesn't come from anywhere without a blood trail. Based on 2005 estimates, which I would guess have only increased, one South American person loses their life for every gram produced. Obviously I don't think Karmichael has personally killed 12.5 people, but there is more to this than just the chemical substance (for some at least).

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Is he getting away with something that a normal person wouldn't have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah - heard of a young bloke who had 3 pounds of cannabis, yep 1.5kg

Pleaded guilty at Southport to personal use. Lad was from the Northern Territory.

The Barrister submitted that he was a country boy with no previous drug history, was remorseful ( because. He got caught of course), and that he had been intoxicated by the bright lights of Surfers Paradise.

Think he was fined $1000 and an order not to reoffend for about 18 months.

Justice was served once again

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Donald Bradman's business partners went to jail for fraud an Bradman didn't because he was that Aus cricket captain. I think sports stars got away with a lot more in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There's many a post on here about the pathway from U15C's to Wallaby greatness but no one has laid out the pathway by which one becomes a holder of merchandise for one's friends without a longstanding tradition in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.