• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
@ Biggsy
I wish people would stop conflating Hunt's situation to that of the Bali 9 members. The situation in Bali has sweet f*ck all to do with what happened with Hunt.
I am happy Hunt pleaded guilty (not just because of the 'weak' punishment) but because it means he and the club can move on - unlike the Titans.

T

TOCC

On an unrelated note, a Rabbitohs premiership ring from 2014 has been found amongst a large quantity of drugs (methamphetamines, steroids, canabis) at a couples home in Darwin.

No player has put their hand up to claim the ring, all players have told the club that they still have their ring in their possession. One could speculate that the reason the player hasn't admitted to not having the ring is that it was potentially used as form of payment.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
On an unrelated note, a Rabbitohs premiership ring from 2014 has been found amongst a large quantity of drugs (methamphetamines, steroids, canabis) at a couples home in Darwin.

No player has put their hand up to claim the ring, all players have told the club that they still have their ring in their possession. One could speculate that the reason the player hasn't admitted to not having the ring is that it was potentially used as form of payment.
I read earlier today that in addition to the players,the club also ordered an additional 53 rings for admin,sponsors and the ubiquitous lurkers that attach themselves to the club.
So there are plenty of possibilities on whose ring it might be.

T

TOCC

I read earlier today that in addition to the players,the club also ordered an additional 53 rings for admin,sponsors and the ubiquitous lurkers that attach themselves to the club.
So there are plenty of possibilities on whose ring it might be.

I'm actually a Rabbitohs fan but I'm pretty content to wildly speculate its one of the players just to keep this rock show rolling ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
@ Biggsy
I wish people would stop conflating Hunt's situation to that of the Bali 9 members. The situation in Bali has sweet f*ck all to do with what happened with Hunt.
It's not unreasonable to draw parallels. 12.5g of coke in Indonesia would probably be enough to get convicted for trafficking.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So, it was a plea bargain to drop the supply charge.
Does anyone think the ARU have actually seen, evaluated and if necessary supplemented the police evidence in order to satisfy themselves as to the prognosis for future difficulties?
Me neither.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So, it was a plea bargain to drop the supply charge.
Does anyone think the ARU have actually seen, evaluated and if necessary supplemented the police evidence in order to satisfy themselves as to the prognosis for future difficulties?
Me neither.

I'm sure they got Hunt to pinky promise that he wouldn't touch cocaine again.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Emu, seems im not the only one who thinks the punishment is garbage!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...ichael-hunt-saga/story-fndpt9s1-1227250221497

Foreshadowed this on Rugby HQ last night. Apparently there are others who want him booted from Queensland Rugby. Personally I think the file was small, but I don't think that tearing up his contract would be the wisest thing to do.

Slowly being deafened by the AFL over their silence over this incident, considering he was (TTBOMK) a contracted AFL player. I think there drugs policy is too far balanced at protecting the image of the AFL and not so focused on the welfare of the player or appropriate punitive measure to deter offenders.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That punishment is a joke. Wendell Sailor copped a 2 year ban for cocaine, and by Karmichael's own admissions he purchased quite a quantity of the drug and did one of two things - on sold it (supply) or consumed it (use/possession). The discrepancy is a joke!

QRU that is a piss poor response.

Bullocks, the two cases are quite different.

Sailor tested positive on game day

Hunt was found guilty of possession before he was an employee of the QRU/ARU

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Bullocks, the two cases are quite different.

Sailor tested positive on game day

Hunt was found guilty of possession before he was an employee of the QRU/ARU

Had the QRU and/or ARU known about this before he was signed (and i imagine negotiations were well under way at this point), would they have continued.......i doubt it. In the scheme of things, it just isn't a good look for the ARU or QRU IMO.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think the ARU & QRU can't sack Hunt. Not surr they want to anyway. But I can't see how they can legally fire someone for something he did when not employed by them.

Yep, I think Hunt's specific admissions were designed to make that option very difficult.

........................... and I think a lot of other players, in many codes, are thankful their dealer hasn't been wire taped

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I think the ARU & QRU can't sack Hunt. Not surr they want to anyway. But I can't see how they can legally fire someone for something he did when not employed by them.

Can't they play the "bringing the game into disrepute" card. I thought that was the ace up the sleeve for all sporting codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.