• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kings v Western Force - R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I think thats me done. How can they play the way they did last week then come out and serve that up!!!! No shape no direction no forward running lineout all over the place.

It was the perfect storm and we walked head first into it and got fucked in the arse. New SA team 40k fans sa raf 16k in flights in 2 weeks.

I dont think i have ever felt like this in 7 years of being a force fan and im not sure i can be bothered anymore..!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Yep.

The Force have made some fucking dumb decisions, though. Should have been 20 points up at half time which should have been enough.

1. Stop trying to run the ball out of your own half. Kick for position.
2. Charles and the lineout on practice 24/7.
3. Wykes to the bench, Lynn starts.
4. Take the kicking tee away from Godwin, FFS.
5. Give CTM a plane ticket, a starting spot and the kicking duties.
6. More game time for Rasolea
7. Mafood will be needed next week (bench at least) for his scrummaging
8. Where is Brett Sheehan. Get him a hyperbaric chamber.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That may be the case but that doesn't advocate including more rubbish SA teams. Qwerty is right, SANZAR are gutless for allowing the Kings to enter for political reasons. Replacing the Lions with the Kings is detrimental to the quality of Super rugby (although seemingly advantagous to the top SA sides).
hell BDA, don't you wish you didn'y write these things before the game is played. I mean the argument about SA teams has been used about additional Aus teams too, only this SA team has started by winning!!

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Brekkie tastes good this morning especially after reading the drivel leading up to this game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Waiting for Foley to tell us about all the good things the Force did in that game.
Saw their captain interviewed before the season opener last week,when he gave the stat, that the Force had 25 ball sessions pre xmas in 2011,and had increased it to 64 in 2012.
Why does the coach feel the need to spin what he is doing to his playing group?

For the second week in a row, the stats show that the Force should have won comfortably.
The problem is, that Foley has yet to understand that playing a style that merely assures you of another phase,is not a winning strategy.
Statistics should be used as an analytical tool,not as the only team goal.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Too early to start the "Sack Foley Fanclub". I'm sure the Waratahs one still has shirts and stubby holders left. :)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
But seriously, despite all of the spin that we were fed at the start of the year, the truth is we still just don't have the cattle. Who from the Force would be a walk up start in any other Aussie S15 sides starting team? I'm not even sure I could say with certainty that HB would.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Not surprised at all with the result even bet on the Kings to win. SA 7th best is still better than our 5th and probably 4th best sides. Home ground, first ever match and it is never easy winning in SA, all pointed to the result we saw.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
After all the talk that the Kings were going to be a laughing stock, after their first 80 minutes of Super Rugby surely this can no longer be the case. For those who saw the game are you able to identify what was good and bad about this team? How was the home ground support? I get the feeling the Kings will go above and beyond what the Lions/Cats were ever able to achieve.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Goodness, not the result the Force were looking for at all. And it doesn't get any easier. I just finished watching that game, and I must say the Force midfield defence is troubling. The amount of tackles the Force fell off was criminal.

Could be a long year for the Force.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Can't see either team beating anyone else in the competition .
One of the worst games of rugby I've seen at this level.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will ASADA and the ACC be investingating this performance by the Force as part of their "Darkest Day In Australian Sport" Drugs and Match Fixing Investigation?

Force were $1.20 to win. Kings were $4.20. Someone must have made a bit of dough on this result.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Why?
If there was a flood of money for the Kings, they would not have started at $4.20.
Anyone dumb enough to take the $1.20 on the Force would not be bright enough to accumulate a big punting bank.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Remind me why the Force recruited Ebersohn?

You have a guy playing 10 who is very clearly not a natural 10. All goes well when he can run and pass in broken play but as for the rest he has absolutely no clue whatsoever.

You needed a guy to manage the game in the second half. Generally the job of your 10.

If Ebersohn is not considered good enough then wtf? At least give Godwin a shot at 10 then but Christie is not even remotely a Super Rugby standard 10.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ebersohn & Christie are both typical Foley recruits.They have previous Super 15 experience.That is all.

And what do you base this on? Nothing else? No skills?

Did you watch Ebersohn at the Cheetahs before Goosen arrived. He is more than capable and has a very good all round game. Oh and he can kick for goal but nah, Force and doing just great shakes at the posts.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Congrats to the kings, especially the young winger on debut who had a game he will never forget.

A few notes on the force:
- The kicking both in general play and for goal was shocking.
- The lineouts were shocking, both Charles and Wykes showed why they should never be wallabies.
- The force have to be the slowest team in super rugby, no speed in the back row, no speed in the halves, no speed in the outside backs.
- Stop signing kiwi journeymen. Better off signing league players than shithouse foreigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.