• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kings v Western Force - R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I said the kings will surprise some people there is a lot of quality in their best 18 but outside of that there are issues hence in trials they lost. As they never fielded there best team for a prolonged period......kings will do alright at the beginning of the season but they will really fade by the end.

Also should never have a Staffa ref in South Africa I am not saying that the refs cheat or a biased but it creates a vacuum for such a thing........

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Force were terrible. Godwin and Mafi are good in the backs, but for all those big names in the forward pack they just never seem to stand up.

And put Ebersohn on FFS, you're lacking direction and a kicker.. that's exactly what he offers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bowside- Stop signing kiwi journeymen. Better off signing league players than shithouse foreigners.

Agree Bowside, but then Kings signed Hadleigh Parkes, and there is a kiwi journeyman, and Reds have Harris who is Kiwi journeyman personified, so it not going to stop in hurry!!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That was terrible. The card was fine but not consistent. I think the kings had 3 dangerous tackle penalties and didn't get carded. The 3 points they got for Faulkner going off his feet while counter rucking, 30 seconds later the kings do the same thing but no penalty. It reminded me of the curry cup. Anything goes rugby. Hands feet and all limbs in the ruck at times and the ref just calls play on because he doesn't have the skills to understand what is happening. The scrum became a lottery when the force clearly had the dominant one early in the game. I also think they need to stop using bias potential referees. It's not hard.

The force were very average. The kicking was atrocious, both in play and at goal. The forwards played well. MMM was quite good for his first game back.the line out needs work and I don't understand why we were not quick tapping penalties. Alby is one of the best at it. Instead going to the line just too loose another line out.

The kings had some stand out players. N08 and the winger. Very stereo type South African players. Wing was fast and chased the ball well. They had the clear run of the ref.

The difference between the 2 teams was the kicking and line outs. Kings much better at them. If the force could of kicked the penalties they would have ran away with it. We turned down many of 3 points. After missing 2 conversions and a penalty early on

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force were terrible. Godwin and Mafi are good in the backs, but for all those big names in the forward pack they just never seem to stand up.

And put Ebersohn on FFS, you're lacking direction and a kicker.. that's exactly what he offers.
Agree apart from the forwards. I thought they were great in the pick an driver department and mauls. Scored 2 try's from them. Oh wait one wasn't awarded. Lol

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That was terrible. The card was fine but not consistent. I think the kings had 3 dangerous tackle penalties and didn't get carded. The 3 points they got for Faulkner going off his feet while counter rucking, 30 seconds later the kings do the same thing but no penalty. It reminded me of the curry cup. Anything goes rugby. Hands feet and all limbs in the ruck at times and the ref just calls play on because he doesn't have the skills to understand what is happening. The scrum became a lottery when the force clearly had the dominant one early in the game. I also think they need to stop using bias potential referees. It's not hard.

Some things don't change from year to year.

Like Force supporters who are the perennial whingers about being on the wrong side of the ref. Week in and week out. It's always the ref.

But I agree refs have to be neutral. The downside for you guys is that you will lose the opportunity to have a whinge :)

PS the no try on the drive was a shocker though.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Some things don't change from year to year.

Like Force supporters who are the perennial whingers about being on the wrong side of the ref. Week in and week out. It's always the ref.

But I agree refs have to be neutral. The downside for you guys is that you will lose the opportunity to have a whinge :)

PS the no try on the drive was a shocker though.
Not whinging mate. Just remarking on his performance. :) he was inconsistent. Simple as.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Bowside- Stop signing kiwi journeymen. Better off signing league players than shithouse foreigners.

Agree Bowside, but then Kings signed Hadleigh Parkes, and there is a kiwi journeyman, and Reds have Harris who is Kiwi journeyman personified, so it not going to stop in hurry!!

There is a difference between signing guys like Harris and Mathewson who are quality players as opposed to guys like Christie, Hart and Fuglistaller who are not really up to the standard and just there to make up the numbers.

J

jargan83

I'd love to try and blame the ref but the force just got worse as the game wore on, yes the no try on the drive was a shocker but that is one decision

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm amazed no one things the yellow was bad. Not because it wasn't deserved but the fact the kings had 3 or 4 high tackles that were left as penalties.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agreed with the feeling of Sam Christie being a liabiltiy in this backline.

He offers nothing. From 11-15 the force have some half decent weapons. (But Christie is not helping with getting these guns into space)

& Godwin needs to be demoted as kicker immediately, Is Matt Dunning still on the books? Put him at 10 & you'd have better direction at flyhalf and twice the goalkicker you already have.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Good on the Kings for winning, but geez that Ref really seemed to get caught up in the occasion. I've never seen a ref turn down a more clear-cut push-over try in my life. worst call iv seen in many years.

At the end of the day this is a game that the Force should have won. they had the majority of possession, they had the dominant forward pack, but still they managed to find a way to loss. An embarressment to Australian Rugby - that's my sentiment after staying up half the night to watch this crap.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's only going to get worse.
After the Bulls, they have a bye, then the Reds,Cheetahs,Tahs and then the Rebels.
If they can't beat the bye and the Cheetahs, the pressure on them when they meet the Rebels will be immense.
After 8 rounds they will be very lucky to have won 2 games.That is after playing the Rebels twice,the 2 easiest SA teams, and none of the NZ sides.It is going to be a very long year for the Force.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
How do you come back from that? Probably by beating the Brumbies -- tis the Australian way. Losing to foreigners is one thing but by God don't lose to fellow Aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.