• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Feel like the contracts are worth fuck all if they want to change sports. Brisbane is going to have a headache in a year when Walsh, Mam can negotiate and their contracts are going to double at least.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
As a Broncos supporter it’s hard to fault Walsh’s game like tonight. But he’s also statistically the most error prone player in the NRL (partially comes with the territory of being a high volume usage player, same as how the elite point guards in the NBA usually up there in terms of turnovers).

Walsh will have a season (or two) in the next few years when the rocks outweigh the diamonds and it’ll be particularly noticeable because he will be getting paid $1M+.

Re Haas: I’ve had a bit to do with him in my local community recently and I know several posters on here are critical about his off field issues and family. But the bloke seems to be putting all the right things together in that regard and his play on field is amazing. If he genuinely hits the market at some point, it would be huge.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Phil - I watched last night's game and Walsh was excellent. I do worry about how much his game depends on his huge acceleration and speed. All it'll take is a hamstring injury or a ACL and his impact may diminish.

The things I would do to see Haas run at Sexton, Aaron Smith or Farrell.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
when he was in the clear it was glorious. Don’t think either of our Centres would keep up.

Walsh is electric. Those players tend to have shorter primes as they get ground down but he seems special. With 3rd party deals he’ll be the highest paid player when he re negotiates as long as he can keep his head screwed on.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but I see Steve Moore reposted the Broncos winning post on LinkedIn.

Now it really doesn’t mean a whole lot on the surface, Steve lives in Brisbane, his son supports the Broncos and Steve attends a lot of games with him/for work events etc.

But reading between the lines, Steve has been critical of the current rugby administration here and the state of the game. Throwing some cheeky support to the NRL is a bit of a ‘fuck yas’. Particularly when I know he was flown over to the RWC by RA for a speaking engagement and apparently relations have been a bit sour.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but I see Steve Moore reposted the Broncos winning post on LinkedIn.

Now it really doesn’t mean a whole lot on the surface, Steve lives in Brisbane, his son supports the Broncos and Steve attends a lot of games with him/for work events etc.

But reading between the lines, Steve has been critical of the current rugby administration here and the state of the game. Throwing some cheeky support to the NRL is a bit of a ‘fuck yas’. Particularly when I know he was flown over to the RWC by Rugby Australia for a speaking engagement and apparently relations have been a bit sour.
I wouldn’t read into it. He’s spent most his life in Brisbane and the most popular team in the city makes the grand final. No surprises to see people jump on the bandwagon and show support. Most people aren’t as parochial about things as we are.

Funny how people can come up in discussion that aren’t part of the current discourse. Moore was mentioned this week on Eggchasers as the rudest rugby player they have met lol.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The only thing I will say about JS deal is that Teddy is clearly on a steep decline at the Roosters and that was going to be the only way he gets a big payday. It's not out of the realm of possibility that something weird happens. For one I doubt the Roosters will be looking to offload him early as many tipped.

No.9

Frank Nicholson (4)
The only thing I will say about JS deal is that Teddy is clearly on a steep decline at the Roosters and that was going to be the only way he gets a big payday. It's not out of the realm of possibility that something weird happens. For one I doubt the Roosters will be looking to offload him early as many tipped.
This is rubbish. Teddy a Roosters lifer.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
The worst thing about whenever the wallabies lose is the peanut gallery NRL media who has to give their 2 cents on a topic they know nothing about.

Rothfield already stirring pot with comments that JS about to back out of his deal.
As expected..nothing changes …

Swear to god the NRL media are the most unpatriotic sobs when it comes to Rugby .. They can’t stand the wallabies doing well .. Theyll go for the ABs over us …

You’d never see them go against the Socceroos or Matilda’s … but they can’t stand the wallabies, love to stick the knife in …

It’s not the NRL players as such (many have played rugby or have relatives playing currently) but the RL old heads and media are the WORST!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He got trashed around SOO time by the like of Rothfield but he wasn’t that bad really and just an easy target. Finished the year really well.

Roosters signing Dom Young gave them a problem. They’d have 5 backs on over 650k when he arrives With Keary, Manu, JS, Young & Teddy. It’s too many