• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just got my tix for Brisbane, and lucky I did the pre sale looks to be sold out. Gold got me 511, only problem is it will be just me lol only single seats available. Still stoked to be going

I think you might be able to get a couple together if you get in really quick when the public sale starts. Surely they've held some seats back for that.

Also could be a later final release of tickets if not as many Lions fans come out as expected. Not $3 to the £ anymore which might mean more seats for Aussies.

Then get your $$ back on the single by selling it to a Pom backpacker.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah that was the plan actually, secure at least one seat and then see if i can get more in the general public allocation and sell the other one to someone at the same price I bought it obviously. I'm sure there'd be a bloke willing to buy the ticket off me.

Also big thanks to the ARU (if you are reading this which you should be) for the pre sale. I'm a MyRugby member through amateur refereeing and it's good to see them reward the people who love rugby by giving them easier access to tickets, certainly makes you feel valued as a constituent.

The pre sale to the Reds game is burning through tickets pretty quickly now too, this is great news. Here's to both Brisbane games getting 52000. Going to be a bonza year with ample opportunity for Rugby to change it's fortunes in the Australian market, with the stage set, the only question is will they take it. I'm hoping so. The Lions tour shouldn't be underestimated for it's size and dramatics - In July this year for 1 week Rugby will drown out AFL in Melbourne amidst 40000 British supporters. THe hype will be enormous, and it's crucial that the games are good to watch. I'm unsure of the Australian publics ability to tolerate the insipid, aimless play so often seen by the Wallabies & Super Rugby sides alike in recent years.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
May have already been mentioned but the word out of the UK is that there have been 60,000 expressions of interest in attending with 20,000 of those from Ireland.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
May have already been mentioned but the word out of the UK is that there have been 60,000 expressions of interest in attending with 20,000 of those from Ireland.

would be surprised if a fifth of that number even made the trip. The UK and Ireland are in the midst of a massive downturn added to that the strong aussie $ means that most of the Lions fans in my opinion will be expats already in Aus.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
If anyone has two tix to the Sydney test that they somehow now miraculously don't want my brother and I are a keen buyer. PM me, any ticket category will do.

A

Annoyed

Did everyone get the Lions presale email from the ARU? I had one about the presale for the Lions Waratahs game previously but didn't get one for the Tests. They told me the email was sent 1st Feb. These went on presale this week and are now sold out!
Very frustrating.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Hi Annoyed,

That seems quite strange considering you got the email for the Waratahs tix.

For me, I am a member of MyRugby, and the process worked:

23rd January, got this email:

Dear Harry,
Our records show that you are a member of our Rugby Community, however have selected not to receive information regarding early ticket opportunities for Qantas Wallabies Test matches.
Due to the magnitude of the upcoming British & Irish Lions Tour, ARU would like to provide you with an opportunity to update your MyRugby Subscriptions in order to receive exclusive early ticket offers to all Qantas Wallabies fixtures, including the highly anticipated British & Irish Lions Tour.
If you wish to receive communication regarding early ticket offers, click here and you will automatically be subscribed.
If you update your subscriptions prior to 11:59pm Monday 28th January 2013 you will receive the opportunity to purchase tickets to the Lions Tour prior to them going on sale to the General Public.
We hope you enjoy the upcoming 2013 season and thank you for your continued support of Rugby in Australia.
Kind Regards,
ARU

So I subscribed to get the ticket offer which came on Feb 1:

GET YOUR LIONS TICKETS EARLY!
said a bunch of stuff about MyRugby ID, tickets going on sale Tuesday 5th Feb etc.

Should have gone something like that..

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hi Annoyed,

Dear Harry,
Our records show that you are a member of our Rugby Community, however have selected not to receive information regarding early ticket opportunities for Qantas Wallabies Test matches.
Due to the magnitude of the upcoming British & Irish Lions Tour, ARU would like to provide you with an opportunity to update your MyRugby Subscriptions in order to receive exclusive early ticket offers to all Qantas Wallabies fixtures, including the highly anticipated British & Irish Lions Tour.
If you wish to receive communication regarding early ticket offers, click here and you will automatically be subscribed.
If you update your subscriptions prior to 11:59pm Monday 28th January 2013 you will receive the opportunity to purchase tickets to the Lions Tour prior to them going on sale to the General Public.
We hope you enjoy the upcoming 2013 season and thank you for your continued support of Rugby in Australia.
Kind Regards,
ARU

said a bunch of stuff about MyRugby ID, tickets going on sale Tuesday 5th Feb etc.

Found the same email in my Junk Email as I knew to keep a look at at this time. Public sale is the 18th of Feb at 9am, good luck annoyed as watching how quick the members pre sale went that morning is going to have every Pom/Pat/Walshy and Scot who are over here travelling/working holdiays looking for tickets.

A

Annoyed

Hi Annoyed,

Dear Harry,
Kind Regards,
ARU

Thanks Haza
i'm a myRugby memeber also. I emailed the ARU and first they said i'd been sent the pre-sale email then they said no i hadn't as i didn't reply to that email you've copied in. I don't remember seeing that one but i know i had opted in to get ticket information initially. Seems a strange email and maybe intended to drop the number of people in the pre-sale. synical me!!! Still doesn't explain how i got the Waratah ticket presale and the original Sydney Test ticket presale way back when. I assumed i got that as i'm a Waratahs member. Unfortunately i'm not in Syndey when the Lions play here hence trying for the Melbourne tickets. I'll have to try my luck with the general public sale.
Enjoy the game!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I think you will find your exactly right on the intention to drop the sales... I got ticket offers for wallabies tests all throughout 2011 & 12 and then had to álmost resubscribe for this one. Good luck in the general public sale, I would be refreshing that page from 8.57 am because given the number of people buying v number of available tix it'll be akin to throwing a long mullet to a pack of starving great white sharks

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The tickets to the Wallabies matches will sell out extremely quickly once they go on sale to the gen pop but I don't expect the tour matches will be super hard to get tickets for. I also wouldn't base how quickly the allocation for members presale sold out as your test for how quickly the remaining tickets will sell.

I'm pretty sure the MyRugby presale would not have been a massive allocation so it was always going to go quick.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The tickets to the Wallabies matches will sell out extremely quickly once they go on sale to the gen pop but I don't expect the tour matches will be super hard to get tickets for. I also wouldn't base how quickly the allocation for members presale sold out as your test for how quickly the remaining tickets will sell.

I'm pretty sure the MyRugby presale would not have been a massive allocation so it was always going to go quick.

Yeah I think they tried to get rid of some of the worse seats in this presale. For Melbourne and Sydney the only tickets I saw in the presale, albeit for Bronze category, were restricted view, alcohol free or standing. I reckon I could pick up better seats in the public sale but just wanted the security of having tickets so I could get flights etc sorted.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I got a couple of bronze tickets to the Brisbane Wallabies match and they are "restricted view". The are just to the side of the goal posts and 4 rows from the fence. I've been to Suncorp enough times to know that the only restriction on the view in this location will be the lack of elevation. So when the action is at the other end I'll be watching the big screen.

I went for better seats for the Reds tour match but. :)

T

TOCC

I got a couple of bronze tickets to the Brisbane Wallabies match and they are "restricted view". The are just to the side of the goal posts and 4 rows from the fence. I've been to Suncorp enough times to know that the only restriction on the view in this location will be the lack of elevation. So when the action is at the other end I'll be watching the big screen.

I went for better seats for the Reds tour match but. :)
I've had those seats before and loved them!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We had an issue last year with our platinum seats for the Reds vs Brumbies as Mum couldn't handle the climb to reach them. Stadium staff were awsome in relocating us to the end of the field just below the the teraces. The view was awsome despite being at the end of the ground. Also handy being close to the quick beers.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
bought my tickets for the Force match at Subiaco Oval--where all seats for rugby are shithouse;just hope mine are less shithouse than most!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Zebo is out for 10 weeks probably puts an end to his Lions claims which is a shame given that I thought he had a run at a test spot.

Robshaw and SOB both had decent outings today, case growing for Robshaws captaincy but I think there is just too much competition in the 7 position to give it to him. He could be the ideal man for the dirt tracker captaincy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.