• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
here is the wording:

Priority access window to purchase tickets for Melbourne Rebels v The Lions, Tuesday 25 June 2013 at AAMI Park, Melbourne (eight tickets per member)

Its a right to buy. Not an actual ticket.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No. With the 9 game ticket, you get a ticket to the Lions game.

You also get a presale window to buy extra tickets to the game.

Renew by Friday September 14 by selecting the 9 Game Package option (includes Rebels v The Lions match), and you will retain your seat for the Rebels v The British & Irish Lions Tour match at AAMI Park on Tuesday, 25 June 2013.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
here is the wording:

Its a right to buy. Not an actual ticket.

From the Rebels website

"Renew by Friday September 14 by selecting the 9 Game Package option (includes Rebels v The Lions match) and be assured of a spot at the Rebels v The British & Irish Lions Tour match at AAMI Park on Tuesday, 25 June 2013."

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
From the Waratahs website:

Membership 2013
Rugby fans can guarantee their seat to watch the British Lions take on the HSBC Waratahs (June 15, Allianz Stadium) and the Qantas Wallabies (Saturday July 6, ANZ Stadium), before they go on public sale by buying one of the new 2013 qualifying membership packages, set to be launched next month.

Not explicit in how it will work, but all will be revealed when the packages are released.

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone seen the new Lion's tour website: http://www.rugby.com.au/lions2013/

Interestingly, under 'Ticketing' they have a list of the matches the Lions will play. And they have the Australian teams listed as true provinces: 'ACT Brumbies', 'WA Force' and wait for it... 'Vic Rebels'!

From a provincial tribal point of view and an aesthetic point of view - not bad at all!

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Where? They refer to us as RaboDirect from what I see.

Nup. It's there on their front page under Ticketing:
Ticketing

Ticketing

Qantas Wallabies Mataches
Brisbane 22 June, 2013 More info
Melbourne 29 June, 2013 More info
Sydney 06 July, 2013 More info

Australian Matches
WA Force 05 June, 2013 More info
QLD Reds 08 June, 2013 More info
Country 11 June, 2013 More info
NSW Waratahs 15 June, 2013 More info
ACT Brumbies 18 June, 2013 More info
VIC Rebels 25 June, 2013 More info

But you're right once you go further into the web-site. And no doubt they'll correct this one (unfortunately)

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Ad is solid, where was this marketing during the WC? Sure we are not hosting it, but something like this would of been great. WC > Lions

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Ad is solid, where was this marketing during the WC? Sure we are not hosting it, but something like this would of been great. WC > Lions

I know what you mean and I agree completely. You can just sense that it's going to be a fantastic event. Marketing like this helps it to create it's own momentum.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Nice one.

rebels.jpg

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Any word on what 'Country' is?

Is it NSW Country? NSW Country 'Gold' (the team that plays in the City V Country game)? A NSW & Qld Country combined side?

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
If the Reds are playing the Lions whose going to be wearing an alternate jersey? I have never seen the Lions wear anything other than red

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Looks like a white/maroon strip back in 01:

If I was a Queenslander, I'd be telling them to find an alt strip.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sure the ad looks ok, but have you seen the Honey Badger's version of taking on the Lions? Much better IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.