• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Healy might get given a few weeks to recover anyway.he's been cited for biting. Didn't see anything myself on the replays they showed though.
Camera angles on TV today show bugger all. Unless the commissioner gets more footage I can't see him being banned.

Nom nom.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
No I just recall it from the match. He did give the Force player a bit of a hoofing.

God I wish rucking made a comeback. Sort out players pretending to "roll away" real quick.
Was it when Stubbs got carded? Nothing in that. The citing commissioner will be having a very short meeting before dinner.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was just having a look at previous Lions tours and I found it quite interesting. Disregarding NZ Maori and Australia A (which really aren't provincial sides), the last time the Lions lost to a Provincial side was in 1997. The team they lost to was N-E Transvaal, with a scoreline of 35-30. The Lions only dropped one more game on that tour, losing to South Africa 35-16 in the final test.

The 1993 tour to New Zealand was a bit of a disaster, as far as results go. Most of the tour matches were close games (on the scoreboard) and the Lions lost to Otago, Auckland, Hawkes Bay AND Waikato while losing the test series 2-1.

Looking on a bit further, it seems that Auckland have been a constant thorn in Lions' side. While losing to the Lions in 2005 17-13, Auckland won not only the 1993 fixture, but also the 1983 fixture 13-12. In 1977, 1971 and 1966 (where I have counted the North Auckland game) the Lions have gotten up over Auckland, but it has always seemed to be a close game.

Interestingly, on the 1966 tour the Lions played British Columbia in Vancouver and Canada in Toronto. The British Columbian side prevailed 8-3, and the Canadians went down 19-8.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I think the biting incident has been thrown out, I think the force SH tried to pull healies teeth out.:D
A great pity Healy has been injured but I think he goes for further tests today bad sprain I think.
Corbisero would be the one I would send for, a very good scrumager who is getting better and better around the field too.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Looks like Sheehan tried to punch him and his finger has ended up in his mouth IMO. Similar incidents have been cited and thrown out as they are accidental.

Vunipola will look great against reserve Super 15 props but his scrummaging would get eaten alive by the Wallabies pack. The Lions can't afford another scenario like 2009 when Rowntree picked his England colleagues and the Saffers did a number on them. They need to pick their strongest scrummaging front row and without Healy the Lions are very vulnerable on the loose head side.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-home-in-shame-over-biting-claim-8646644.html
As @craigriddington says its a bit to the arm that is in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Any word on Cian Healy's citing? Plenty of negative headlines about the future of the Sky spurts tour after the Western farce, looks like the message has been picked up judging by the Reds team.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Reds are in a completely different situation to the force. They don't have a competition match this weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They and the QRU also have far better long-range judgement as to what is in the interests of rugby in Queensland.

WARugby has perpetrated a extended lineage of blunders, mismanagement and poor senior recruitment decisions that have in aggregate led to markedly declining S14/5 crowds and revenues for rugby in WA. The farce of Wednesday was just one more.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Any word on Cian Healy's citing? Plenty of negative headlines about the future of the Sky spurts tour after the Western farce, looks like the message has been picked up judging by the Reds team.

I'd be seriously worried if the organisation responsible for the Lions would judge the value of the tour off the first midweek tour match. I was as disappointed as the next guy with the Force's side they ran out but I don't think a few sensationalist headlines would be representative of the opinions of more than a handful of people. The Reds were always going to field as strong a team as they could. To suggest they are doing so because Clive Woodward had a whine is probably a bit wide of the mark.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We do tend to have short memories, unrealistic expectations and rose coloured revisionist interpretations of history don't we.

The Lions may be underperforming in recent Test Series, but regardless of how we view NH club and international rugby standards, skills and tactics, when the Lions are up against provincial franchises they tend to win most matches reasonably comfortably, as do most International sides.

It is rather wishful thinking to expect anything other than a Lions victory in the warm up matches. Removing all the first choice Wobs from the franchises more or less guarantees that this proposition will be proved correct.

Notwithstanding all that, it is a bucket list item for the lucky players chosen to play in the teams regardless of what keyboard selectors think about those players abilities and who they would have chosen. It is also a glorious opportunity to see some of the World's best rugby players plying their trade in our back yard, and to have a few refreshing ales with some visiting rugby fanatics. Priceless.

Looking forward to the Caravan rolling into Olde Sydney Towne.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-healy-of-biting/story-e6frg7o6-1226659379892

The fact that it was such a long hearing suggests that they obviously looked at all the evidence closely and still came up with nothing. Great news. Fingers crossed on the ankle now because the Lions need him to start the tests.

Does anyone else find it extraordinary that he doesn't wear a mouthguard? He's obviously completely ignorant of the types of cars dentists drive around in or where they take their holidays:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Craig Riddington, the Dental profession is doing it tough ATM.

I was speaking to our family dentist while she was waiting for her dealer to arrange the delivery date of the AMG Merc so it would arrive before the new 5 Series Beamer she had ordered for her eldest sons 21st, and she was claiming that things were so tough that they have had to shut down the heating in the pool at their ski lodge at Big White over the Summer, and that they might even have to lay some of the staff off at the villa in Bali.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Craig Riddington, the Dental profession is doing it tough ATM.

I was speaking to our family dentist while she was waiting for her dealer to arrange the delivery date of the AMG Merc so it would arrive before the new 5 Series Beamer she had ordered for her eldest sons 21st, and she was claiming that things were so tough that they have had to shut down the heating in the pool at their ski lodge at Big White over the Summer, and that they might even have to lay some of the staff off at the villa in Bali.
lol - Apologies, I was out of line. Perhaps we could hold a meat raffle for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.