• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The Reds are in a completely different situation to the force. They don't have a competition match this weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I know super rugby is complex but the Western Farce have nothing for which to play this weekend. Anyway, none of it worries me, the more negative headlines in the English press the better so far as I am concerned. Maybe at the end of the tour there will be a grown up debate about whether the bandwagon should keep rolling or whether northern hemisphere rugby would be better served keeping all the Lion's fans money in northern hemisphere rugby rather than subsidizing southern hemisphere rugby.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So just because a team is out of playoffs you no longer compete? Why have a match at all?

It is not me you need to convince unfortunately, when the likes of Brian Moore are calling for contracts to ensure players are released for their franchises as a condition of future Lions tours you get the sense that this was not great PR from the ARU. And that particular mouthpiece of English rugby (the overwhelming backers of the Lions I hasten to add) is far from alone in the whinging, Lord Bald has added his two penneth as well. Like I say I find the whole thing amusing although watching Healy being stretchered off did not improve my mood on wednesday.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Wilko has had surgery sadly he won't be the knight in shining armour if/when (delete as appropriate) Farrell implodes spectactularly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22810095

Regarding franchises not playing their top players the same debate was had 4 years ago when no Springboks played, it'll be a part of the next tour. Its just part of the LIons bandwagon these days

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wilko has had surgery sadly he won't be the knight in shining armour if/when (delete as appropriate) Farrell implodes spectactularly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22810095

Regarding franchises not playing their top players the same debate was had 4 years ago when no Springboks played, it'll be a part of the next tour. Its just part of the LIons bandwagon these days
The way Shove ha'penny has been kicking the goals so far would negate the need to send an SOS to Wilko, if they just need a kicker.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
One sallow doesn't make a summer, Halfpenny is prone to the yips as much as Sexton and Farrell. There seems to be a lot of pundits up north who believe Wilko is the 2003 version who can come in and save the day, probably better for the Lions that those voices can't keep harping on about him

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Chuffed for Ryan Grant, he's had a superb season and more than deserves his call-up.
Gethin's calf problems have been ongoing for a couple of seasons now, time to jump on the next plane home methinks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sorry to see Healy is gone. That's a real blow for the Lions. hopefully Grant gets enough game time to convince Gatland and Co. that he's the man to start the tests.

On Wilkinson, I never saw him as a saviour, rather the lesser of 2 evils if Sexton gets injured and then either Wilko or Farrell had to play in the tests. I think Sexton has to play all 3 tests for the Lions to have any chance of winning.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
So one Irish player out already, Kearney looking fairly fecked, did the Hamstring troubles start in the Lions camp in Dublin? At least Healy's injury is not a Ferris like career shortener, touch fecking wood!!!! The sooner this shambles is put out of its misery the better.
Still moaning plastic. Put the chips away now they re here. The Tarmac boys in the squad are playing out of their skins. Sexton is going to be #1 outside half in world by the end of this tour and as we predicted poc is back in awesome form. Heaslip at his best. Still think cementhead's only real gaffe was not picking poc as captain. Having Sam the breadman limits options for back row selection changes

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The real number to worry about is the number that live here! ;-) There will be a large contingent of Lions fans at every game! We need to make sure we make plenty of noise for the home teams!! One thing is certain, the atmosphere should be nuts!
There'll be plenty of noise tonight but have to say that NSW-based 'big games' are the most sole less I've encountered in world. Barracking for your side is likely to get u beaten up. Been threatened more than once

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There'll be plenty of noise tonight but have to say that NSW-based 'big games' are the most sole less I've encountered in world. Barracking for your side is likely to get u beaten up. Been threatened more than once
I've never been to a game in Sydney but that's the stereotype anyway as I've heard it. Reds fans tend to make plenty of noise (well I certainly do) but I just hope there's no booing tonight - I hate that shit. This is a friendly and should be a great game hopefully. With any luck the crowd will treat it as a friendly and get into the spirit of it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Still feeling confident huw? Great to see 1/2p getting praise from outside of Wales

This series will be 2-1 to the Wobs.

We are vulnerable at 2 esp if Squeaky goes off injured and 10.
Lions vulnerabilities with cohesion may be resolved during the warm up games. Not convinced that Gatland will start their best back row given that the Breadman is his tour Captain.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Gethin Jenkins flying home, so Lions have now lost their top 2 looseheads from the tour.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.