• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Bowe a huge loss for the lions, Cuthberts defensive contribution woeful.
Corbisero and Grant fill in very nicely for Jenkins and Healy, I don't think we have anyone with bows class to call on.
Zebo is the best available and has played internationally at 15 which covers Kearney's fragilities but I am praying he is not called up. With Roman ' anything goes at the scrum' Poite officiating in one of the games the absurdly illegal New Yorker might do well. Grant will do well, behind Healy he is the best loose head available to the sky spurts squad wish he was staying in SA but there you go.

mattcrfc

Frank Row (1)
Zebo is the best available and has played internationally at 15 which covers Kearney's fragilities but I am praying he is not called up. With Roman ' anything goes at the scrum' Poite officiating in one of the games the absurdly illegal New Yorker might do well. Grant will do well, behind Healy he is the best loose head available to the sky spurts squad wish he was staying in SA but there you go.

would gatland go to france? armitage has had a good season and i was suprised sheridan didn't get a call up either. certainly concerned over a lack of depth on the wings with any further injuries

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sorry, that's not what I was suggesting. You can cheer for who you like, I was suggesting your language was coarse in reference to your RL comment.

But if thats not the case, you're welcome to tell me to go fuck myself ;)
Would never tell you to do that. No, the problem was my clear unbiased insightful attempts to assist the ref. point is tho that these attempts to get the opposition supporters to shut up are widespread and make nsw games into totally sole less affairs. You can't have noise if you are so intolerant. Can't imagine the same thing happening in nh. Sorry to say, but best game I've seen here was Wales vs nz. They were much better fun to be amongst. And we still lost

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Woke up this morning in cold sweat of panic over tommy bowe, worrying that the lions management would do something really stupid and call up Ashton! Went on gwlad and saw my concern is shared. Ffs gats. Don't do it

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Woke up this morning in cold sweat of panic over tommy bowe, worrying that the lions management would do something really stupid and call up Ashton! Went on gwlad and saw my concern is shared. Ffs gats. Don't do it

Not a chance CB. Relax and enjoy your day cos Zebo is on his way...surely.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Now that would some spice to the Tests. Love to see it. Brilliant marketing strategy.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The ARU reportedly has 50,000 of these safari/pith helmets (as modelled by TPN) to giveaway during the Test series.

Something different and apt for the Lions series.

Copy of 29380.2.jpg

T

TOCC

The ARU reportedly has 50,000 of these safari/pith helmets (as modelled by TPN) to giveaway during the Test series.

Something different and apt for the Lions series.

View attachment 3704

Scarfs were such a better concept, my girlfriend whinges as soon as I crack the window driving because it messes her hair, let alone shoving a safari hat on her heard for 80min... Scarfs were functional and even fashionable, I don't like the safari hats.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Hopefully Zebo gets a chance to make an impression, far more rounded than Maitland and Cuthbert.

Bowe is a huge loss particularly his creativity in attack, Cuthbert showed last night how bad he is defensively he'll be targeted by the Wallabies if he plays.

If Kearney can get fit and have an 80 minute run I'd start him at 15 and Halfpenny at 14. Far more solid defensively than any back line with Cuthbert in it.

If Gatland sticks with the Welsh back row for the tests Australia will have a field day, they all look in effective last night. The back row starting against Country is the one that I'd go for. Picking Warburton as captain was a gamble and it is back firing at the moment.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
The Lions need Zebo to hit the ground running for the tests. Maitland has looked out of sorts and Cuthberts problems are well documented. Be interesting to see how Maitland goes at 15 in midweek.
Agree slightly on the backrow, Warbs will improve I'm sure of that but Tipuric is way ahead on form. Lydiate was better against the Reds but looks lethargic.
It'd be SOB, Tipuric & Heaslip for me too.
Too much emphasis being placed on captain though. Gatland won't care about leaving Warburton out or benching him if he feels he's not on form. The notion he's a shoe-in because he's tour captain is nonsense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I agree Wales fan, Warburton wont be picked if he hasn't found his form But I thought he got better as the game wore on, he needs game time as he hasn't played for 6/7 weeks and it showed. Play him again soon and see where we go from there.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions backrow is Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau, but if I was a Lions selector, the backrow would be SOB/Croft, Tipuric, and Heaslip.

Tipuric had an immediate impact in the breakdown when he got on against the Reds, where Warburton was decidely very average, but is forgiven for his first game back from injury.

Lydiate, as well, is a shadow of his 2012 form, and was, in my mind, outplayed by Quirk and co.

Also would like to make the point that the Lions are very average at the breakdown; the fact the Reds without Gill still got quick ball far too easily would be a worry for Gatland. No doubt will be a point of difference for the Wallabies is how well we generate quick ball, and stifle the Lions' possession.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Would never tell you to do that. No, the problem was my clear unbiased insightful attempts to assist the ref. point is tho that these attempts to get the opposition supporters to shut up are widespread and make nsw games into totally sole less affairs. You can't have noise if you are so intolerant. Can't imagine the same thing happening in nh. Sorry to say, but best game I've seen here was Wales vs nz. They were much better fun to be amongst. And we still lost
Lost? Surely all they managed was to score more points than you and that must have been down to the biased ref.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Scarfs were such a better concept, my girlfriend whinges as soon as I crack the window driving because it messes her hair, let alone shoving a safari hat on her heard for 80min. Scarfs were functional and even fashionable, I don't like the safari hats.

Draping a scarf over your shoulders does not count as "being bold by wearing gold".

This is all about trying to get some gold on display around the stadium. I will be wearing it, and if its as plastic as it looks probably also testing it out as a giant frisbee or pop-top.

It would be great if Wallabies fans throughout the series could respond to Lions chants in the stands the same way Reds fans did on Saturday - drown them out with your own chant.

ARU should've launched "Wallaby Gold" , "Go the Gold" or similar 3 word syllable chant years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom