• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
image.jpg

POC s new role becomes clearer. Here seen teaching l idiot the Vulcan death grip

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wonder if Paddy Power have got a book on one of the Lions locks getting injured in the first ten minutes? Or one on the time on the clock when Ben Youngs starts crying.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I have no problem with youngs coming on for Phillips our real weakness will be the loose head side and I don't just mean Venapola, When Parling came on for AWJ the scrum went to s*it wasn't the front row, was the grunt coming frome the second, or should I say the lack of it.Parling a huge mistake I think, mark this one down to the Aussies , I would knocK a few balls on if I was the Aussies and have as many scrums it takes to Frig the lion forwards up.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone got any information re: an appeal by IRB over the Horwill stamping? If true, is Horwill suspended pending the appeal?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently free to play but a cynic might say:

If the LIons win the second test Horwill will gets what should be coming to him - a lengthy ban.

If the Lions lose the second test then the original decision will be upheld.

I am not a cynic tho.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Could they apply the ban retrospectively, so that he plays Saturday but then gets a one match ban applicable to the second test and can play in the third?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not too sure about this, the IRB are appealing their own decision. The moaning of the press and Lions management has got to the IRB. There are a lot more incidents that they should be reviewing before this one, one including our fearless leader who could have killed Vincent Clerc by dumping him on this neck and other on the last tour by Schalk Burger.

The IRB are going down a slippery path if they let the citing commissioners decision get over turned

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
So are the IRB going to be consistent and review every contentious citing? #canofworms

Why of course they are, as always. Gotta also ask why they decided to appeal this late and what are they going to do with the idiot who made the first decision

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not too sure about this, the IRB are appealing their own decision. The moaning of the press and Lions management has got to the IRB. There are a lot more incidents that they should be reviewing before this one, one including our fearless leader who could have killed Vincent Clerc by dumping him on this neck and other on the last tour by Schalk Burger.

The IRB are going down a slippery path if they let the citing commissioners decision get over turned
I'd actually like for them not to do this. As you say it is a can of worms

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The only thing consistent about the IRB is their inconsistency.

Cardiff the only way a potential ban could be applied retrospectively is if the Wallabies decided to suspend Horwill themselves. They're not going to do that and I wouldn't in their place either.

As many people have stated on here and I'm sure on lots of other rugby sites, the whole citing, judicial review system needs to be complete overhauled and made more transparent. I'd be happy if Horwill got off scott free if it meant this happened.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
View attachment 3837
POC s new role becomes clearer. Here seen teaching l idiot the Vulcan death grip

Now that Paulie is sticking around for the rest of the tour, I'd love to hear him on the G&GR podcast. Would be an excellent guest even if he's temporarily the "enemy". Not sure how feasible it would be, but the guy would give an interview to remember. He's doesn't just speak passionately about Rugby 5 minutes before his team goes onto the field.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The only thing consistent about the IRB is their inconsistency.

Cardiff the only way a potential ban could be applied retrospectively is if the Wallabies decided to suspend Horwill themselves. They're not going to do that and I wouldn't in their place
As many people have stated on here and I'm sure on lots of other rugby sites, the whole citing, judicial review system needs to be complete overhauled and made more transparent. I'd be happy if Horwill got off scott free if it meant this happened.
I was being facetious about a system I wholly agree, sucks. In this case, what possible new evidence could the irb consider?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Jayus Cardiff Blue where are you getting all these photos? Whats your official role in the tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.