• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Listening device found in All Black hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Let's see: the device was discovered on Monday after the All Blacks arrived a day earlier, they reported it to the hotel security who investigated, they all sat on the story for 5 days UNTIL someone from the media was clearly leaked the story, asked the NZRU for comment this morning which prompted the NZRU to inform Pulver/ARU of the story about to break and the statement the NZRU were releasing in response to the media query..

..and you conclude that "the All Blacks chose game morning to leak this discovery."?? You must have got caught up at the bottom of too many rucks to have reached this conclusion!! The fact that the NZRU rushed to notify Pulver/ARU this morning tells me the NZRU were not going to raise it at all but were forced into it when reached for comment by the media - and it also explains why Steve Hansen was not amused earlier in the week!

Thanks for the facts, Shag. ;)

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I doubt there's much of use for gambling from a listening device - legal or illegal.
Rugby isn't the game for that.
It could also be NZ media - they actually give a shit about rugby over there and dedicate more than an article or two buried in the back half of the paper.
I can't see an Aussie journo bothering to break the law for a scoop that's not going to do a thing for their career or readership. They're more likely to just continue to make shit up.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Sorry can't help myself. Sing along to the tune of play school.

There's a chair in there
and a bug as well
With people that play
With stories to tell
Open wide, come inside
Its Sydney

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Look it's obvious! Greg Growden has banged on for years about radio and a bug is a radio.

Case solved!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon the Strayan Constable In Cheif is an ex-prop with a colourful turn of phrase & at least one very literal-minded assistant:

"Freakin' All Blacks have snuck into Sydney a week early, eh? Some bugger should go to their digs & find out what the cnuts are up to!"

What an odd thing to say. I never said I was thinking about giving up my day job.

Oh look, rugby's on Channel 502 :)

Upthenuts

Jim Clark (26)
game plan revealed, wallabies know the ABs are going to smash them up front and out flank them out wide, but they knew that 3 weeks ago too

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Leaked Recording From All Blacks Bugged Hotel Room

--NZ Herald--

The NZ Herald have today obtained a transcript of a recording made from a listening device discovered in the All Blacks hotel room in Sydney this week.

Hansen: I reckon we should keep it in the forwards this week.
<<audible groans>>
Foster: But that’s what we always do! Stupid forwards! They’re so slow and fat. And ugly too. They scare me. Plus they smell funny. They just run 1-metre and then fall over like fat crippled babies. I say we should give it to the backs this week.
Hansen: Nah.
Foster: Backs!
Hansen: Forwards.
Hansen: Forwards.
Israel Dagg: Give it to me! Look what I can do! <<stands up and does a stupid little bunny hop that any 4 -year old child could do>>
Kieran Read: Um…. guys… what is this little…

<muffled discussion sounds>>

Hansen: So this week we run the 3rd five-eighth alpha trot mega fox tango play in alternating 22 visits. Turn to page 63 for individual roles there. Lineouts in the final 3rd in the first 20 the call is 3-20 and in the middle 3rd of the final 20 the call is Sausage Roll Bum Chute, you all have this in your manuals. I’ll just leave my manual on the chaaaaaaiiiirr over here, remind me to pick it up when we finish here, Fozzie.
Foster: Why are you winking at me? I…..

<<<muffled discussion sounds>>>

<<<lengthy muffled discussion sounds>>>

Foster: Backs?
Hansen: Jesus, forget it, that’ll do. Time for lunch.

T

TOCC

"The hotel immediately launched an investigation, we have informed the Australian Rugby Union, and jointly we have now decided to hand over the investigation to the Australian police.

"We are taking this issue very seriously, and given it will be a police matter, it would not be prudent to go into further details."

Given it was a joint decision by the NZRU/ARU to hand this matter over to the police, it makes me think that the ARU have no involvement and it's likely another party, whether that be gambling or journalism related.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It would be so bizarre for Cheik to give a speech in the media about how he refuses to ask Mick Byrne about All Black secrets/moves/tactics, and at the same time he was bugging the AB team hotel.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No matter , you can't wire tap belief , I think the All Blacks have that in spades . The Wallabies are capable of getting into that headspace but not consistently ...While players are picked on Chieka's tactics against form it will either be a painful process to redemption or a bridge too far ...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't imagine it being anyone associated with ARU, the consequences of being caught would be too great & the reward too little for them to risk it. IMO this kind of eavesdropping only happens where either the listeners or the people they're listening to are up to no good.

I do like the idea of it being unretrieved from a previous Police or intelligence agency operation, though.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Meanwhile, at Rugby House, Lichtenberg:
0,,15660964_303,00.jpg

stasi-surveillance.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Translation: Local fan watches the rugby while running Justin Marshall’s commentary through an elaborate series of “delay forever” audio effects.

Hmmmm, first Byron now Meg: I'm sensing that a young @Dismal was traumatised by a halfback in some way or other. Which is kinda like being scared of clowns, really.....

image.jpeg

P.S. Did you end up taking the sig & avatar bet with that bloke (forget which one) who reckons Straya won't win a Test this year?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
P.S. Did you end up taking the sig & avatar bet with that bloke (forget which one) who reckons Straya won't win a Test this year?
dont think I did, @the_torpedo, complete madman, probably lives on a commune in Tasmania. <<attn//: torpedo, any spare wives there, please send to Pitcairns, thanx.>>

wish this bug story happened earlier in the week, couldve spent the entire week absolutely going to town on it, redacted transcripts, ruined pics, Chieka with one of those black censor bars across his eyes, comically slightly askew so you can easily see it's him, love those ones

jMm9tKTojKRZoj2aENvQ.jpg

"I am Torpedo."

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Everybody knows that the ARU couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Something like this would take some serious expertise.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hmmmm, first Byron now Meg: I'm sensing that a young @Dismal was traumatised by a halfback in some way or other. Which is kinda like being scared of clowns, really...

I am the bloke who put my avatar on the line.

Also, just for Dismal:

mcalister.png

Status
Not open for further replies.