• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Listening device found in All Black hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I highly doubt this has anything to do with rugby or betting.

More than likely this is linked to other persons who have stayed at the hotel.

That being the case what a great way to gather media attention.

Conspiracies always make headlines, now the headlines can be about the All Blacks wanting to get square.

This is a great media coup for the ARU ahead of a big match.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Also, WO and Dismal, here is the bet for a refresh of your memory:

I am so sure that we won't win a test for the rest of the year, the 1st person to respond to this post chooses my avatar FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. Anything you want. from the moment we win the test to the 1st January 2017 at 12:00am

Hmmmmmmm.......(checks post history)

After examining you post history, you have a certain dislike of an ex Auckland Blues inside centre who goes by the name of Luke McAlister. If the wallabies do not win a test this year, your avatar from the last wallabies test in 2016 until they win a game (whether that is in the 2017 test season, 2018, 2019 or whenever) is this chap:

5717792660_d430273699.jpg

I await your reply.

EDIT: another stipulation is if I win the bet, you must also EXPLICITLY MENTION Luke McAlister in every post you make from the last test of 2016 until they win their next test

For our wallabies 2016 bet Mr Pillock, if the wallabies lose by less than 20 in Bled 1, you must use the Luke McAlister avatar and explicitly mention Mr McAlister in every post you make for the rest of 2016. If the wallabies win...I will also change my avatar to whatever you want (alongisde your avatar & explicity mention McAlister in every post). AB's win by 20+, only I will change my avatar. You on?

Also don't forget you can say what you want about Luke McAlister Dismal, it doesn't have to be positive

EDIT: a simplified version of the last part I quoted:

Wallabies lose by less than 20: only Dismal changes his avatar
Wallabies win by any margin: we both change our avatars
Wallabies lose by 20+: only I change my avatar.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Does this augur the return of the cone of silence?
I now have an image of Steve Hansen and Kieran Read under a 1960s Perspex bubble with ensuing hilarity.
@Dismal Pillock - the task is yours to make this happen.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
not me sorry

cone_zpsrxofe1nc.jpg

K.READ: (now smoking a cigarette): Just a minute, Chief. Isn’t this top security?

HANSEN: (tentatively) Yes.

K.READ: Well, shouldn’t we activate the cone of silence?

HANSEN: (dismayed) The cone of silence?

K.READ Yes.

HANSEN: Alright. (to intercom) Fozzie.

FOSTER (from intercom): Is that you Wayne?

HANSEN: Activate the cone of silence.

FOSTER: (dubiously) But…but… I can’t find Wayne’s notebook anywhere and without it I…

The cone of silence begins ascending instead of descending.

HANSEN: DOWN, dipshit, DOWN, push the button, the one that’s says “DOWN” on it….

Read and Hansen wait 10 minutes until the cone of silence begins its descent. Then Hansen signals that it’s okay to proceed. Read is smoking his cigarette inside the cone of silence.

HANSEN: How much do you know about the becks?

K.READ: What did you say, sir?

HANSEN: THE BECKS.

K.READ: Wot?

HANSEN: (raising voice) THE BECKS.

K.READ: Oh, the backs. Yes, of course. Well, I heard we have about 7 of them.

CHIEF: (softly) How’s that?

K.READ: Seven.

HANSEN: What?

K.READ: (raising voice) We have 7 backs

HANSEN: Agent Deans is in Hong Kong.

K.READ: What?

HANSEN: Hong Kong.

K.READ: What about Hong Kong?

HANSEN: What?

K.READ: (raising voice) Deans is long gone.

CHIEF: (exasperated) Why are we talking about Deans in London?

K.READ: What?

HANSEN: Long – (patience exhausted) Fozzie, raise the cone of silence.

FOSTER: Backs?

HANSEN: (shouting) Raise the cone of silence!

The cone of silence immediately descends right onto Read and Hansen’s heads.

K.READ: Chief, perhaps we should just keep it in the forwards this weekend.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Okay then.

Any other Kiwis willing to take on the bet?

I am not sure if I can follow the complexities of the bet, but if I have it right, you only get punished if the Wallabies win, or get an absolute thrashing? Keep it simple. ABs win, you lose. Wallabies win, your opponent loses. Then I might be interested.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
wish this bug story happened earlier in the week, couldve spent the entire week absolutely going to town on it, redacted transcripts, ruined pics, Chieka with one of those black censor bars across his eyes, comically slightly askew so you can easily see it's him, love those ones

I dont want to sound rude, but scrolling this thread, seems you still made a good run out of it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know it sounds like it may of been left from some other event, well you would hope the Aussie police haven't been doing any illegal bugging!!!
And then forgot the bug!:D

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am not sure if I can follow the complexities of the bet, but if I have it right, you only get punished if the Wallabies win, or get an absolute thrashing? Keep it simple. ABs win, you lose. Wallabies win, your opponent loses. Then I might be interested.

Thanks for the offer teach but no thanks.
My original bet was that the wallabies wouldn't win a game this year, and I will stand by that. Sorry mate. Apologies if I sounded rude.

Also can the game hurry up and start?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Going by the half time score, that bet might not have been a bad one. Like many kiwis here, we were/are expecting a competitive australian team.

rusty83

Frank Row (1)
It wouldnt surprise me If Wallabeis did bug NZ hotel room. This is a side so bereft of talent and class they might resort to despsarate tactics to gain an edge over the all blacks. The problem is we need more than an edge to beat the all blacks, more like a complete clean out of players and coaching staff and a few decades might do the trick.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Pulver: Get Suzie to plant some bugs in the ABs room or we'll get done by 40.
Cheika: All good boss
Pulver: Not that type of bug you halfwit. Now we're toast
Cheika: Sorry boss. It's all good though - we've got the pooper
Pulver: How much am I paying you again?
Cheika: Too much.
Pulver: At least you've got one thing f#@king right this season.

Zack

Frank Row (1)
I highly doubt this has anything to do with rugby or betting.

If this was a gambling-initiated attempt to gain inside info, they would have been more productive bugging the Wallabies to get some insight into their gameplan and frame the odds accordingly to draw some of the heavy punting away from the All Blacks. If they had bugged the Wallabies instead, what they might have heard would have allowed them to offer 10,000:1 odds to drag some of the bets away from the AB's...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Breaking news:

The ARU are set to ask the Wellington police department to take the drastic action of bugging it's own teams hotel rooms. In a statement Bill Pulver said "It seems like the only way anyone is going to find out what the game plan is. No one can discern anything from actually watching the team." Graham Henry was asked to consult and interpret the recording and tell the players as it is clear they aren't getting the message from Cheika. Due to being uncomfortable with listening to a grown man cry himself to sleep Henry has knocked back the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.