• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

My Dear Friends, I need to share something with all of yous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
What is this 'kicking' and 'passing' you speak of? Do you only have these things when you have 'space'?

Forwards always conveniently forget who got them down the right end of the field when they score off a 5 metre lineout. And who saves their arses with clearing kicks.

I've got more, but I realise I'm well out numbered.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
backs forget that it was 13 phases of rucking and mauling from one end of the field a 60 metre run to the other, that got them the ball they could run 50 metres in a straight line with.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well forgive us if we do sometimes score a try off some of the work of the backs. I hope the 99% of other occasions when it's good, solid forward blood, sweat and tears that gets the showponies over the line are enough to keep you happy :fishing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Gavin Hastings was a Fullback Captain for Scotland. He wasn't a bad player but in the aftermatch function he was an awesome singer. One of rugby's true gentlemen.
On Defence he could be relied upon to be in position and not galavanting around with the loose forwards.

Come on, Jarsey, at least spell it proper!! Gallivant. And no, that is not my counting effort!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
backs forget that it was 13 phases of rucking and mauling from one end of the field a 60 metre run to the other, that got them the ball they could run 50 metres in a straight line with.

Pfft, come off it. 13 phases? I think I've witnessed a forward pack move it maybe... 7 phases? Then they need a breather, or drop it, or turn it over to get kicked over their heads in which case it isn't their problem.

By the way, without us "showponies" you blokes would never get a conversion or a penalty kick. Or good kicks for touch. Or kick offs. Or dropouts. Or any excitement.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Gavin Hastings was a Fullback Captain for Scotland. He wasn't a bad player but in the aftermatch function he was an awesome singer. One of rugby's true gentlemen.
On Defence he could be relied upon to be in position and not galavanting around with the loose forwards.

I can vouch for that. I met a bunch of the Lions tourists in 1989 as an impressionable teenager. Findlay Calder and Big Gav in particular were great blokes and very gracious when confronted with the rugby public.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Gavin Hastings good knowledge forgot about him.

Everyone knows that the phrase Forwards win games backs decide by how much is bullshit.

Backs win or lose games and forwards decide by how much. Ie the backs play brilliantly on the outside so the defence stretches out and leaves gaps close in for the forwards to run into. :fishing

Bad defence for the wallabies isn't even Queenslander's its one queenslander Quade

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Come on, Jarsey, at least spell it proper!! Gallivant. And no, that is not my counting effort!

Oops. Put the last clause in as an afterthought. Entry was from my wanky new iPhone which doesn't have spellcheck - (lazy I know).
Couldn't be bothered checking. May have been the Hawkes Bay Shiraz.

I won't claim it for the word of the week. Will try another entry.

As this thread has evolved into a backs vs forwards rant, it will not be to difficult to post about the propensity of the pretty boys to gallivant around the field, leaving the piggies to do the real grafting work that is the foundation of the game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oops. Put the last clause in as an afterthought. Entry was from my wanky new iPhone which doesn't have spellcheck - (lazy I know).

As this thread has evolved into a backs vs forwards rant, it will not be to difficult to post about the propensity of the pretty boys to gallivant around the field, leaving the piggies to do the real grafting work that is the foundation of the game.

Surely that constitutes some sort of penalty? I mean, drunken gallivanting with a glass of Shiraz in one hand, and an Iphone in the other is hardly an excuse to spell as as badly as I do on a sober day.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)

A kiwi shiraz???? That is quite unpatriotic.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gavin Hastings good knowledge forgot about him.

Everyone knows that the phrase Forwards win games backs decide by how much is bullshit.

Backs win or lose games and forwards decide by how much. Ie the backs play brilliantly on the outside so the defence stretches out and leaves gaps close in for the forwards to run into. :fishing

Bad defence for the wallabies isn't even Queenslander's its one queenslander Quade

And Rod Davies. And Genia just for that Jane try in Melbourne.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
And Rod Davies. And Genia just for that Jane try in Melbourne.

Oh yeh that was pretty shoddy work from Genia.

Rod davies is rapid so he gets away with it

Drew has been a bit suspect this season at times. Kurtley isn't the best defender either.

Although they aren't nearly as bad as quade

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
A kiwi shiraz???? That is quite unpatriotic.

Its very Unaustralian alright. Very Unaustralian. Has Oprah dropped that word yet? You guys worked out what your going to do with all the fat, lazy, low-self-esteem housewives that adore Oprah who are going to travel to Oz on the back of this campaign?

Great thread, oprah, fwd vs backs, iphones, wine, quades tackling - it's got it all!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Its very Unaustralian alright. Very Unaustralian. Has Oprah dropped that word yet? You guys worked out what your going to do with all the fat, lazy, low-self-esteem housewives that adore Oprah who are going to travel to Oz on the back of this campaign?

Great thread, oprah, fwd vs backs, iphones, wine, quades tackling - it's got it all!
Fleece them of their greenbacks, and sell them cheesy shit souvenirs.
No offence with the Kiwi shiraz, MR, but there are many fine wines from the Isles, I have never had a shiraz that really fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.