• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Has there been any more word on the online streaming of matches in 2015, will there be a central point where all the matches are accessible?

QRU Making an ad for the Queensland Derby:

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Has there been any more word on the online streaming of matches in 2015, will there be a central point where all the matches are accessible?

QRU Making an ad for the Queensland Derby:

First of all, well done Reds. Setting the standard for coverage of the NRC.

Second, no word as yet which isn't filling me with confidence. This frankly ridiculous. We're a little over a week from kick off and no word on streaming. The ARU needs to get its act together on this. The NRC should have its own dedicated site not merely an add on to rugby.com.au and that should be the central point. Why that hasn't happened yet is beyond me.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So, the issue of streaming was addressed in Brett McKay's article on The Roar. Evidently we'll know more next week. Will be via Fox Sports and consistent to the quality of the FFA Cup in both quality and access. Anyone know what's that like? Anyway, also hinted at a possible Monday review show/segment. Which would be nice.

T

TOCC

Yes but what's wrong with the other Fridays?

Would you prefer Friday games over Saturday?

It's probably a combination of a few reasons, all the non-broadcast games bar the two you mentioned and a QLD Country game are been played in the mid afternoon.

Firstly lighting reasons for both safety and broadcasting, by playing during the day you eliminate the need to meet the minimum requirements for lighting, FFA just prevented a game form occurring on the Gold Coast because the lighting didn't meet the 200lux minimum OHS requirements for playing games at night, I'd assume the ARU has similar requirements. Additionally Foxtel will be streaming these games so there will be a minimum requirement for lighting that many of the 2015 NRC stadiums can't meet.

Secondly, afternoon games lend more towards the family atmosphere, I think this is one area which the NRC can really build on, by harnessing a family friendly atmosphere.

Thirdly, it somewhat avoids direct competition with the NRL/AFL. Sure there will still be overlap but it avoids directly competing with the blockbuster Fri/Sat night prime time games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Would you prefer Friday games over Saturday?

Secondly, afternoon games lend more towards the family atmosphere, I think this is one area which the NRC can really build on, by harnessing a family friendly atmosphere./quote

Speaking as someone who takes their kids to the rugby I really like afternoon games. My rugby playing kids are in primary school and night games means really late nights which I bear the brunt of the next day (tired, grumpy kids) so the more we can have afternoon matches the better.

T

TOCC

Just checked it out. The stream is good quality. One camera but strong feed and good commentary. Access seems pretty good if the FFA Cup is anything to go by. A step forward.

Yep Foxtel will broadcast all 39 matches, those not on Foxtel will be available through foxsports and provided with their own commentary team. I think the ARU have an announcement on it today.
http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/r...ledisloe-decider/story-fnp0m105-1227482596302

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great news. Fox tell have done their bit. Now it is up to the players. Go you good things. I'm excited.

SuperMo44

Frank Row (1)
I'd like to hope it's a better quality feed than what we could already get for free through club websites last season?

Nonetheless, this should get more people watching....

Status
Not open for further replies.