• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New NRL 'scandal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
LB - I think there's a part of this you're not seeing. I reckon if you are decent sort of bloke, then some time in between (1) laughing your arse off at the idea of sticking your dick in your mate's dog's mouth, and (2) actually doing it, you think "naaah, that wouldn't be cool". Same goes for destruction of property, unconsensual sex, etc etc. These blokes don't seem to have that little voice of reason and decency speaking to them.

Are you suggesting RL players or at a number of them are either pyschopathic/sociopathic by nature. As most people that fall into those characteristics tend to be lacking those qualities you describe.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
LB - I think there's a part of this you're not seeing. I reckon if you are decent sort of bloke, then some time in between (1) laughing your arse off at the idea of sticking your dick in your mate's dog's mouth, and (2) actually doing it, you think "naaah, that wouldn't be cool". Same goes for destruction of property, unconsensual sex, etc etc. These blokes don't seem to have that little voice of reason and decency speaking to them.

See I think that a decent bloke does not even consider sticking his dick into a dogs mouth, the voice of reason dissapears with alcohol, but the underlying issues of what is considered funny is still there.

E

El Barto

Bees Roux anyone? Let's not worry about RL, every sport has its troubles.

Reactions: DPK
S

Second row

guys, guys, it is a mock up - no sucking off happened. You do know the meaning of the word 'simulated', right? Not exactly my idea of hilarity, but also not bestiality. Funny how it's OK for the NRL guys to pack rape a wee lass in Christchurch but god forbid fido goes near one's nether regions in a mock up - that apparently is a sacking offence according to Gallop. Strange priorities. And where do I complain about the overactive dog that humps ones leg???

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Second Row -- Got any proof that it's a "mock-up" (whatever that means... I assume you mean it's faked)? I think they are using the word "simulated" because he didn't actually get sucked off by a dog for pleasure, it was a joke. And the joke part doesn't excuse it. The guy is a fuckwit and deserves everything he gets.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Mmm... don't know second row. I have my doubts that a group of rugby league players dumb enough to think a dog sucking someone off is funny and acceptable would have the computer nous to produce such an accurate 'simulation'.

If it was just a joke, these guys surely are masters of comedy. Monty Python and the Chaser pushed the boundaries of comedy with fantastic results, but this is something else. All hail the Raiders- new age comedy kings!!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
guys, guys, it is a mock up - no sucking off happened. You do know the meaning of the word 'simulated', right? Not exactly my idea of hilarity, but also not bestiality. Funny how it's OK for the NRL guys to pack rape a wee lass in Christchurch but god forbid fido goes near one's nether regions in a mock up - that apparently is a sacking offence according to Gallop. Strange priorities. And where do I complain about the overactive dog that humps ones leg???

Is the sucking off that important?? If you put you dick in someone/somethings face then it is a sexual act, not a simulation.

How would you feel if someone "simulated" with your wife???

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

Top five conspiracy theories according to Second row:

1- US Government planned 9/11
2- UFO recovered at Roswell
3- Princess Diana murdered by the Royal family
4- NASA staged the moon landing
5- Monaghan was photoshoped with the dog

S

Second row

simulated as in the dick was not in the dog's mouth - I've seen the picture, there's no actual fido/dick interfacing beyond the dog's face being in his crotch.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Interesting to see this in the Herald today:

As the Raiders board meets today to consider sacking Joel Monaghan over photos of him in a simulated sex act with a teammate's dog, directors should at least be aware that a similar incident involving a high-profile Wallabies star reportedly occurred during a World Cup campaign and was treated as nothing more than a joke in rugby circles. In fact, the incident was recounted in detail by a member of the Australian squad and written as a humorous anecdote in a highly respected English broadsheet without so much as a tut-tut. The player in question recorded the incident on video for the amusement of teammates, who treated it as such. Monaghan has also said his actions were intended to amuse or shock a teammate who was not at the party on the weekend after Canberra's finals elimination by Wests Tigers on September 17. The difference is that photos taken by teammates were last week posted on Twitter, leading to widespread condemnation and humiliation for Monaghan.

Did some digging, found this in Sam de Brito's latest blog on SMH:

He isn't even the first footballer to do what he did if you're to believe a 2003 column in the London Telegraph where current assistant coach to the Wallabies, Jim Wiliams, recounted a similiar tale about a very well-known Australian rugby union player.

"We had one of those video conferencing systems where players could talk to and see their wives and kids back in Australia. Any way, in the week before the final, **** ******, who had been injured and had returned home, was using one to send us a good-luck message," Williams told the Telegraph.

"He was talking to the guys and when he walked into shot it was obvious that he had no shirt on. I thought he just had no top on but his wife, who was holding the video camera, panned down to reveal that **** was stark naked. Better than that, his dog - he had a big Alsatian - then walked over, nudged him in the nuts and started licking. I've never seen anything like it.

"We found out afterwards that **** had rubbed jam or honey into his groin to get his dog to do that on cue. It was his way of settling down the squad who were really tense and worried at the final coming up," said Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.