• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If you are telling me that all you need to be an AB winger these days is to do your core job then maybe you blokes have fallen from your perch somewhat.

Isn't Jordie, who can do those core things just fine, coping flack entirely because he doesn't offer more beyond that?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If you are telling me that all you need to be an AB winger these days is to do your core job then maybe you blokes have fallen from your perch somewhat.

Isn't Jordie, who can do those core things just fine, coping flack entirely because he doesn't offer more beyond that?

Jordie doesn't do his core roles just fine for a wing. He isn't taking high balls, he doesn't show pace, he doesn't have footwork.

Clarke was useful on the weekend helping to break down the Argie defence as he is a threat that has to be accounted for often by multiple defenders. There were two big carries in the leadup to Dane Coles' try in the first half. One was Akira Ioane breaking a tackle and getting over the gain line. The second was Caleb Clarke breaking a tackle and getting over the gain line.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Isn't Jordie, who can do those core things just fine

8K6DtB.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Further to Kiwi'M's Stock Take;

Pass:

Alex Hodgman. one of seasons success stories. Who knew he could actually scrum as well as be mobile? Sounds perfect for late impact role.
Nepo Laulala. came back and kicked arse
Tupou Vaa’i. another rare success story.
Samuel Whitelock. poor prick shouldve been in Japan all season and gets roped into this shitshow. AB's would have been TOTALLY FUCKED without him.
Sam Cane. Scrapes by with a C+. Slogged his guts out, sure, but I dunno. Maybe he can do the tight shit so AKIRA can look good cutting up in the channels like Read used to FUCK YEAH KEEP CANE
Akira Ioane. FUKKKKKKKKK YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Aaron Smith. Better be the highest paid AB. Do not tell me it's cotton-wool Beaudy... Without afterdavid this side would have been lost in space
Will Jordan Sure, they're grooming Jordie to take over at 15 from his brother although this murderous motherfucker might go a shit tonne better FFS
Caleb Clarke LOL@GeorgeBridge selection FFS Fozzie
Dalton Papalii. stock rose drammatically purely by virtue of not playing and not being Crossword Frizzle
Hoskins Sotutu. Now THIS is a #8. Got the hands, got the boomfa.

Fucked I I Know:

Jack Goodhue seems like he did jack shit. Still, must be doing something right to keep getting picked in what everyone outside the AB coaching staff thinks is his wrong position.....

Fail:

Asafo Aumua. can he throw yet?
Dane Coles. still #1 hooker despite being a seagulling hothead.
Codie Taylor. wft happened to this guy
Tyrel Lomax. fuck this clown. Lethargic when it mattered, birdbrained boofhead when it didnt.
Karl Tu’inukuafe. hopelessly unfit for most of the season.
Ofa Tuungafasi and Joe Moody. these 2 have to shoulder a lot of blame for such a shit AB season. It always starts upfront and they got bested.
Patrick Tuipulotu. giant useless baby. Vanished when it matters. Top 2 inches just not there. NZ in deep, deep shit at lock. Brodie will come back from Japan creaky, old and feeble and the only good Whitelock is going to completely fall the fuck apart any second now
Shannon Frizell. LOLLLLLL 13 matches in black for a dividend return of GTFO
Ardie Savea. tenured at 8 when its so obvious he's a soup rugby phenom and test level lightweight speedbump
TJ Perenara. ByronBrain Syndrome + garbage pass = Please Don't Come Back.
Brad Weber. poor little bugger
Richie Mo’unga. holy shit the Rolls Royce pack jibes were not wrong. Is this guy really the answer? Want to see Josh Ioane brought in to bring some heat on him.....
Laumape. Like Recce, kind of biffed in the deep end a bit after so long off. Make or break season coming up at 28 or so?
Rieko Ioane. Put his hand up as kind of a dickhead. Even though he might be the senior back by now ffs. He's been in the AB setup for years. Call me a morbid prick but I reckon its going to take a horrific injury to one of these backs for Fozzie to be forced into deciding who goes where.
Anton Lienert-Brown. getting the hook at 50 mins for Rieko in the last test really surprised me. Fozzie seems keen on Rieko at centre. Good to keep the tenured ALB/Goodhue on their toes I guess.
Jordie Barrett obviously being groomed to take over from his brother. He'll probably go fine there but.....
Damian McKenzie. please just go away you sideways-running dwarf.
Sevu Reece. was hardly given a fair crack really. Biffed in the deep end after ages out.

Special Category:

Beauden Barrett. F-.

2-time World Player of the Year cotton wooled himself all season for his Rising Sun payoff. Literally could not be arsed even looking for a gap from FB. Hasnt scored a single point all fucking season. Went from scoring 4 tries in a test and running down Howlett's alltime AB try scoring record to mailing it in with pea-hearted Goromaruesque no-fucks-given hoofs downfield.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not surprising really. The RFU weren't interested in revenue sharing before, they're going to be even less interested now they're hemorrhaging harder than Alexei Romanov.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZR working on a 15-match AB schedule for 2021: Fiji & Italy (x2) in July then TRC & Bledisloe. EOYT North v Italy, Ireland & France with either an additional fixture either side or two pre-Italy. I'm thinking a post-France match would likely fall outside the WR (World Rugby) Test window so potentially a big payday v England who've so far only announced three November fixtures.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ious-plan-to-play-15-all-blacks-games-in-2021

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So going by the Fozzie "Fuckit I'm Satisfied With A 50% Win Ratio", here's a look at the dismal calendar for next year:

All Blacks v Fiji W
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Italy W
Australia v All Blacks L. oh dear. first real challenge and they've crumbled. Again.
All Blacks v Australia W the usual Eden Park scenario
All Blacks v Argentina L LOL
All Blacks v South Africa L
Argentina v All Blacks L ffs
South Africa v All Blacks L in total freefall now.
All Blacks vs Brunei W. Incredible! Jordie got FOUR tries! 4! In one match! What a legend!
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Ireland L
All Blacks v France L
All Blacks v Qatar W. And what a hiding it was for the brave Qatari's! These AB's have really come right now after a dismal test season! Onwards and upwards, Fozzie!

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
So going by the Fozzie "Fuckit I'm Satisfied With A 50% Win Ratio", here's a look at the dismal calendar for next year:

All Blacks v Fiji W
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Italy W
Australia v All Blacks L. oh dear. first real challenge and they've crumbled. Again.
All Blacks vs Brunei W. Incredible! Jordie got FOUR tries! 4! In one match! What a legend!
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Ireland L
All Blacks v France L
All Blacks v Qatar W. And what a hiding it was for the brave Qatari's! These AB's have really come right now after a dismal test season! Onwards and upwards, Fozzie!

So if every year he keeps on winning every series and trophy including in the RWC year, he'll def keep on saying he was satisfied.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)

All Blacks v Fiji W
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Italy W
All Blacks v Ireland L
All Blacks v France L

Also, South Africa? Surely AB's will only be playing international teams.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Silver Lake has popped up a couple of times over the last few years, both in terms of sponsorship and, I think, broadcasting/streaming of matches.

From what I recall of my basic bitch research when they first popped up, better them than CVC.

EDIT: That's right. They're the MMA bunch. CVC are the F1 lot. As someone who gives zero bothers about either sport, MMA certainly seems to be the one on the upwards trajectory.

[Silver Lake] is an experienced sports, media and entertainment investor, having acquired a stake in City Football Group - the owner of Manchester City - last year.

It was also part of a consortium which took control of UFC, the Mixed Martial Arts franchise, in 2016.

Silver Lake is one of the world's leading technology investors, and its partnership with the All Blacks is likely to focus on an attempt to build its digital and media rights strategy, reflecting a similar approach across City Football Group's portfolio of footballing interests.

Some other promising noises, if it does come to pass.

Sports insiders said NZR and Silver Lake were also expected to highlight the opportunity to invest the capital raised from the deal in developing the sport further in New Zealand - an approach which could help to ease any domestic concerns about the propriety of selling a commercial stake in an international sporting icon.

https://news.sky.com/story/buyout-g...n-on-stake-in-new-zealand-all-blacks-12185341

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Silver Lake has popped up a couple of times over the last few years, both in terms of sponsorship and, I think, broadcasting/streaming of matches.

From what I recall of my basic bitch research when they first popped up, better them than CVC.

EDIT: That's right. They're the MMA bunch. CVC are the F1 lot. As someone who gives zero bothers about either sport, MMA certainly seems to be the one on the upwards trajectory.

Some other promising noises, if it does come to pass.

https://news.sky.com/story/buyout-g...n-on-stake-in-new-zealand-all-blacks-12185341

From what I understand it's about showing rugby on their streaming service ( maybe why NZR were the first to come up with alternate plans for Super etc) ,and why I think there could be a decent kick in it for RA etc to.
Though that all guess work, but I like to look at positive side for Aus rugby too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well it looks like this has got wheels, NZRU is canvassing the Provincial Unions etc etc, so something happening. As I said Robertson talked about it early in year, so could make things quite interesting over coming years. certainly seems it could take a bit of pressure of money.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep, they've supposedly offered $465 million.

A United States tech giant has offered New Zealand Rugby nearly half a billion dollars for a 15 per cent share of commercial rights, a report says.

The offer has come from US firm Silver Lake, which part owns Manchester City’s owner City Football Group and is known as one of the world’s leading technology investors, and requires the approval of New Zealand’s provincial rugby unions.

Silver Lake's minority stake could range from 10-15 per cent of commercial rights valued at $3.1 billion, NZME reported on Wednesday.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ivate-investment-offer-from-us-company-report