• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Test window availability doesn't hold for Houston, he's on a short-term loan at the grace and favour of the Reds/ARU. As he has an Oz contract he stays as long, or short, as his Oz employer wishes. I reckon he'd be on match payments at Bath, playing for the Wallabies isn't going to cost Leroy anything.
I think that might depend on specific contract terms, but either way I'm guessing he'll hang around in bath, particularly if McMahon or pocock are fit. This deal seems to have been done in very good will and I doubt they'll force the issue unless he is really desperately needed. If it was a regulation 9 window I'd expect it would be different.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think NZ let in just 5 tries in the Rugby Champs.

I think we just go all out attack. Just try stuff.

15 DHP
14 Sefa
13 Izzy
12 Kerevi
11 Morohan
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Houston
7 Hooper
6 Timani
5 Coleman
4 Arnold
3 Kepu
2 Moore
1 Sio

16 Latu
17 AA
18 Robertson
19 Douglas
20 McMahon/ Pocock/ Mumm
21 Phipps
22 Foley
23 Kuridrani

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
In some ways it seems a little strange that they haven't ended the loan to Bath and brought Leroy back to Australia. Maybe they'll let him play this weekend and then bring him back.

I'm guessing the Wallabies have a bit of time off early this week after returning from London and then the squad for the EOYT will get announced this Thursday and they will go into a mini camp before heading out to NZ next week to start the tour.

By the time they arrive in the UK they've already had the EOYT squad together for a week and a half. It puts Houston behind the 8 ball (no pun intended) if he isn't part of that.

Actually, after watching his "return" game to Bath for injury cover, and the reception and support he received from the supporters I would not be surprised if the Wallabies opportunity was a conveniently timed and covert "persuader" to remind him to come home.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think NZ let in just 5 tries in the Rugby Champs.

I think we just go all out attack. Just try stuff.

If your going to try stuff lets go all in on red and gamble!

All or nothing I say and if it comes up black it doesn't matter if we loose a little of a lot - we still lose.

15 DHP
14 Sefa
13 Hodge
12 Kerevi
11 Morohan Izzy
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Houston
7 Hooper
6 Timani
5 Coleman
4 Arnold
3 Kepu
2 Moore
1 Sio

16 Latu
17 AA
18 Robertson
19 Douglas Tom Staniforth
20 McMahon/ Pocock/ Mumm Ned Hanigian
21 Phipps Powell
22 Foley
23 Kuridrani Morohan

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just for interest, Kepu, Hooper and Kerevi all made the FoxSports team of the TRC. Isa was the #8 and the rest were Kiwis, no Boks.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just for interest, Kepu, Hooper and Kerevi all made the FoxSports team of the TRC. Isa was the #8 and the rest were Kiwis, no Boks.

Probably fair. I think Pieter-Steph du Toit has been excellent (and saw a team with him named) but he missed the first half of the Championship.

Kepu benefits from being in a position of no standouts (and one the ABs rotated).

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Going by the numbers, I note you have Ala'alatoa as reserve LHP and Robertson on the TH side. Is this intentional, and if so what did you make of Cheika's idea to have them play the opposite sides last weekend?

Inattention is the reason. No changes on last week, I think they went well.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
snoopy.jpg~original

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Kepu hasn't been any good really. Hooper potentially but not sure if he shades the AB 7's. Kerevi would actually make it into the AB's on current form i think. Their center pairing is about the only area that isn't overwhelming amazing.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kepu hasn't been any good really. Hooper potentially but not sure if he shades the AB 7's. Kerevi would actually make it into the AB's on current form i think. Their center pairing is about the only area that isn't overwhelming amazing.

If Fekitoa was still starting, then sure. But Lienert-Brown has been something of a revelation. Whilst playing out of position at that.

That's pretty generous to Isa as he didn't even lace up the boots on the weekend

Can't speak much for the other matches, but he was great in both tests against the All Blacks. Particularly the second test. Given the stark difference in quality between the All Blacks and the others this season, I'd imagine quality performances against them will carry a greater weighting than against the rest.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Aus have ruined, RUINED, NZ’s last two flirts with record-breaking winning streaks. Now, back at Eden Park, where the Four Ruckless Horsemen of The Breakdown in Christ, Allah, Santa & Lord Ted man the four ramparts in silent vigil, I imagine AB’S will have “had a word” about the C word midweek and be looking to unleash the merry fucking hellfire rain of Armaggedon-in-a-gimp-mask all up and down the main thoroughfare and perhaps even beyond into neighbouring boroughs. This way please, foreigners.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can't speak much for the other matches, but he was great in both tests against the All Blacks. Particularly the second test. Given the stark difference in quality between the All Blacks and the others this season, I'd imagine quality performances against them will carry a greater weighting than against the rest.

OK. Misunderstood. I guess it was the team of the tournament.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Aus have ruined, RUINED, NZ’s last two flirts with record-breaking winning streaks. Now, back at Eden Park, where the Four Ruckless Horsemen of The Breakdown in Christ, Allah, Santa & Lord Ted man the four ramparts in silent vigil, I imagine AB’S will have “had a word” about the C word midweek and be looking to unleash the merry fucking hellfire rain of Armaggedon-in-a-gimp-mask all up and down the main thoroughfare and perhaps even beyond into neighbouring boroughs. This way please, foreigners.

It's a foregone conclusion, pretty sure you can relax.(or can you?)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Hooper has been consistent and played every game. AB's have had injuries in the 7 jersey so hard to choose a player of the tournament for guys who have had limited game time.

Kepu was a surprise. Kerevi makes sense.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
**EVACUATION NOTICE ISSUED FOR SANDRINGHAM, MT EDEN & KINGSLAND**

--NZ Herald--

An evacuation notice has been issued for boroughs immediately surrounding Eden Park. Residents are advised to evacuate their homes on Sat 22nd of October 2016.

After a seance involving Lord Ted, it has been revealed that the "fires of hell" are due to be unleashed upon Eden Park on that particular date. "After rogering up two winning streaks by bumbling at the final hurdle vs the bloody Aussies it has been decreed that 'the full arseflames of Satan' are to immolate Eden Park as its chosen suns I mean sons scorch up the turf all up and down the show and halfway back to the Concession stands" said a still half-sozzled Ghost of Lord Ted.

EdenParkAucklandNZ_zpsfx5jgb1l.jpg

"Um, guys, David here, the sky is looking a bit weird over here, anyone got the keys to this lock? Guys?....."
--D.Pocock, native timber protester.

Status
Not open for further replies.