• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow, the bench or should I say Finishers must be really looking forward to entering the fray at 50 - 70 minutes.

To get the call, go from zero to hero immediately and actually make the difference.

I wish them well.

same as every other week..

T

TOCC

I actually think the bigger issue will be one less kicker in the backline, Foleys kicking has been poor this season and whilst Quade isn't amazing he is currently marginally better then Foley and at least offered one more option in the backline.. hodge has a booming boot, but I'm yet to see it employed in a strong tactical manner.

Kicking issues conpiunded with line-out woes mean many of the other points raised in this thread are redundant, like the last two Bledisloe Cups and the RWC GF, the Wallabies will lose the line out, lose the territory game and be pressured into mistakes in their own half.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You just never know. We've busted their last 3 streaks.

CvRTz0gWEAAUjCA.jpg

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
We were a dubious penalty away from losing to Scotland. Let's not act like we brought back bill, regardless.
We also got within a few points of the mighty All Blacks in the final until the class of Carter nailed it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We also got within a few points of the mighty All Blacks in the final until the class of Carter nailed it.

Very true. All the momentum was with us and we were coming for them and then Carter nailed that droppie. That's what great teams do: win those big moments and turn a game on its head.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm happy enough with that team, a lot of talk about Foley but If I could change anything it would be Fardy for Mumm 1st.
I Just hope Cheika uses his bench especially Hansen for Moore.
This team is a stronger defensive outfit with the changes made so I think Cheika is hoping to be close with 30 minutes to go and then I think we will see Pocock and Quade come on to see if we can snatch it.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
You just never know. We've busted their last 3 streaks.

CvRTz0gWEAAUjCA.jpg

We really should of won in 2012 and 2014, had a chance on both occasions to snatch it with a drop goal inside the 20 but gave away penalties.
Should have won game 3 in 2014 also probably the best we ever played under Link against the AB's. Still one of the best games to watch even though we lost.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Given that many on this forum have advised that Cheika is the best (Australian) coach available to coach the current Wallabies, I have to assume that the 15 starting players Cheika has chosen, represent the best available, (in each position), to take on the All Blacks tomorrow.
I therefore wish Michael Cheika, his support team, and the 23 players, good luck for the third BC match tomorrow.

I am reminded of the saying: "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"!!

Having said that, I am confident that in 12 months time, Mr Michael Cheika will still be the Wallabies coach, and the bloody All Blacks will still be dominating us!! .......... ["Same old same old"]!!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I actually think the bigger issue will be one less kicker in the backline, Foleys kicking has been poor this season and whilst Quade isn't amazing he is currently marginally better then Foley and at least offered one more option in the backline.. hodge has a booming boot, but I'm yet to see it employed in a strong tactical manner.

Kicking issues conpiunded with line-out woes mean many of the other points raised in this thread are redundant, like the last two Bledisloe Cups and the RWC GF, the Wallabies will lose the line out, lose the territory game and be pressured into mistakes in their own half.
I think you will be impressed, all junior rugby up to Aus 20's was at 10. Dont make that level without a skill.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
For me, this match is "crunch time" for Israel Folau.
This 'under-performing celebrity' needs to "shape up or ship out"!!
His kicking is very ordinary (as it was when he played AFL), he runs without purpose or confidence, and he is an 'easy target' for most opposing teams.
He is either scared, his mind is elsewhere, (NRL), or he is facing some "inner demons" which we don't know about!

Status
Not open for further replies.