• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cheika's comments about the clown incident were a bit hard to watch.

"It was on the front page of the paper bro".

A vast majority of the AB supporters and the general fan base are dicks though. That opinion is held just as widely within the supporters of NH teams on Reddit as it is here (which is refreshing).

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Thoughts:-
  • Some of Phipps' passing was wayward and slow
  • Some of the Wallabies' tackling was turnstile-like
  • The Wallabies generally played better than they have for a while
  • All aspects of the game have to be near-perfect to beat the NZRT
  • That TMO decision was bullshit
  • The on-going booing of QC (Quade Cooper) by the NZ crowd is very childish

Reactions: TSR

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I think the NZ press like to try and get under Cheika's skin - pretty silly stuff.
Or is it all a bit of fun? I don't know.

CvXHZaqVMAEE8E7.jpg:small

M

Moono75

Dont know that we are any closer to beating the AB's than at any stage. Surely the coaching team could put together a negative spoiling gameplan that could possilby deliver a positive result and break the shackles. Apparently not. Is there a bigger example of sporting futility than this??

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
And you just can't say he was awful Doug, because he was breaking the line at will and shrugging defenders. Yes, the two stupid offloads that didn't need to be thrown are bad, but you'd sack half the team if you didn't stand errors.

Speed of thought and execution let us down in terms of turnovers. Both Cheika and . But we bossed that game physically, and that is the platform you build on.

Can't argue with your logic, Pfitzy, except for the glaring fact that "half the team" is not on A$2,000,000 per season!!
FYI, Folau is a "Marquee Player", employed to, (and expected to), perform at a much higher level than the "run-of-the-mill" Wallaby players.
So many on this forum are prepared to overlook that fact.
Sorry, Pfitzy, but I can't!...... I would rather ditch Folaou, and replace him with 4 "Neville Nobodies"!!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Cheika will start that Queenslander league mentality from now on against the AB's and that is grab anything to motivate the boys for the next game.
It's good that Moore and Cheika both said that they were offended because they disrepected the crest on the jersey by painting them as clowns.

Kiwis love they old "hey don't disrespect my culture" if anyone dare not watch 1 of the 1 million Kiwi Hakas performed around the world with the same passion they do.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Cheika will start that Queenslander league mentality from now on against the AB's and that is grab anything to motivate the boys for the next game.
It's good that Moore and Cheika both said that they were offended because they disrepected the crest on the jersey by painting them as clowns.

Kiwis love they old "hey don't disrespect my culture" if anyone dare not watch 1 of the 1 million Kiwi Hakas performed around the world with same passion they do.

I still reckon that next time we play them in Australia, we should go up to their 10m line and stare them down

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Your blindness to a crucial and clearly wrong decision is truly impressive.

OK but please explain me law 10.1 (c) .
But that is ok Two I understand you upset so maybe unable to read and understand the law, I repeat I would of probably allowed the try, but I not a ref, but if you cannot understand how stupid HP was, god help you in understanding rugby.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Can't argue with your logic, Pfitzy, except for the glaring fact that "half the team" is not on A$2,000,000 per season!!
FYI, Folau is a "Marquee Player", employed to, (and expected to), perform at a much higher level than the "run-of-the-mill" Wallaby players.
Sorry, Pfitzy, but I can't!.. I would rather ditch Folaou, and replace him with 4 "Neville Nobodies"!!

we get it mate you dislike folau and everything that he brings to the team. He played well tonight but against the BEST team in the world playing week in week out its near impossible to turn up and be best on field every week. There is no one in any sport (except usain bolt) who is on their day every day, its human nature.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would like to further my post-game review of the Kiwi population to an analysis of Hansen.

What a prick. He's all smoke and mirrors. Hes the type of guy to push you and push you with sly jabs and then when you react he throws his hands up in the air and plays the victim.

Edit: Holy shit I've gone full "Mr. Doug" on the NZ populace. I'll stop posting now.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I still reckon that next time we play them in Australia, we should go up to their 10m line and stare them down

Stare it down?

When we host the games, we shouldn't give them the opportunity to do the haka. Anthems then game. I have held this view for some years. i accept that this view is uncommon and largely rejected.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
OK but please explain me law 10.1 (c) .
But that is ok Two I understand you upset so maybe unable to read and understand the law, I repeat I would of probably allowed the try, but I not a ref, but if you cannot understand how stupid HP was, god help you in understanding rugby.
I already have bitch, multiple times.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
After they perform the Haka we should sing I'd like to have a beer with Duncan. They may not agree and then do the Haka in their dressing room and then we can claim the have disrespected our crest and folk songs. A double disrespect of our culture.

alex5545

Bob McCowan (2)
Worst performance I have seen from the All Blacks this year but yet we still won by 27 points, you guys probably played one of your best games this year if you played like that in the England series you would have actually won the series 3-0 putting England in their place. England are overrated and not that good, they had a fortunate 6 nations draw and faced a Wallaby team far from playing anywhere near their best.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
After they perform the Haka we should sing I'd like to have a beer with Duncan. They may not agree and then do the Haka in their dressing room and then we can claim the have disrespected our crest and folk songs. A double disrespect of our culture.

Holy shit the Wallabies singing Slim Dusty's "Duncan" pre-match before smashing a coupla shoeys / danger cans would be the most fantastic thing I have ever seen.

I've never known how much I'd like to see this. Preferably with mid-shin length boots.

Hopefully we could get Russell to perform a little traditional Aussie dance:

Sans the shitty electro though. That can fuck right off.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

So many here were willing to overlook Quade's public, and very damaging "toxic" comments.

So many here were ready to crucify Beale without knowing the facts.

So many here are willing to forgive their favourite players anything, or find a reason to bring another down.

Folau is the best fullback in the world on form. Right now, he doesn't have form. You don't crucify a bloke because his form drops.

And where is your cutoff? Are we talking points-per-dollar? Like if Genia gets $100K to come back for 5 tests, are we expecting perfection?

Sorry, Pfitzy, but I can't!.. I would rather ditch Folaou, and replace him with 4 "Neville Nobodies"!!

Well yeah, but you only get one fullback on the field at a time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.