• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Next Wallabies Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Jackpot has been capped by the Springboks so won't ever be eligible for the Wallabies (bar a season in the 7s according to some new Olympic rule but that hasn't totally been ratified from my recollection).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some great news for Aus Rugby if true. Reportedly a chance to stay on at the tahs also. Simple end of season addition of Kuridraini, Speight, slipper, higgenbottom and To'omua and were right (wonder whether Jackpot qualifies by then?)

Jacpot will never qualify...........

D

daz

Can I just say I "think" you're incredibly precious?

You can indeed. You absolutely have the right to say that, and I recognise your freedom in that area freely and without reservation.

Speaking of rights, you know, just to tie this all up into a neat little bundle, I also have the right to say that you are one post away from a holiday.

I am not the topic of this thread, so back onto the yellow brick road please Dorothy.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wallaby Coach.jpg

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Anyone else want to have a crack? I said get back on topic. I'm through asking.
If you said the first thing, you are opening yourself up to a slander lawsuit. You are stating something as fact, when in reality you have no fucking clue. You are implying we are doing something that is shameful, damaging to others and possibly immoral/illegal..
Careful - you're not stating, as a mod and representative of G&GR that man love is shameful or immoral? Cos in today's PC society you should preface that with - "not that there would be anything wrong with it if we did engage in man love"
Lest you offend someone.
But I digress..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, the ARU are simply confirming that they haven't officially hired a new coach, but it's now been widely reported that Cheika has been in meetings with them all day so he's obviously the frontrunner at this stage...............

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The Australian is reporting that Michael Cheika has reportedly accepted the Wallabies role and they are just going through the final details.

I see Fairfax is reporting it done as well. Guess that's a good as confirmed then, exactly what the NSW media want.

After watching the House of Cards series recently, it wouldn't surprise me if Cheika used Kurtley as a tool to bring Link down, knowing full well he could protect Beale as the new Wallabies coach. Cheika was able to feed Robinson all the goss she wanted to bring down Link as the Tah faction feed it to him.

All I need now is to somehow start a rumour about Cheika and Georgina having an affair which would easily fit the Frank and Zoey narrative.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I like the idea of cheika/foley/ larkham

There is no discernible succession plan for coaches anyway. The one thing we should be learning from NZ is that there needs to be significantly more coordination of the 5 provincial teams. The science behind having five different philosophies escapes me.

There can't be a reason why head coaches of Super Rugby sides have to be in the country for the next five weeks, coaching ranks can't possibly be that thin at Super Rugby. level. I hope.

All in all a brilliant innovative looking forward idea. I will be fantastically impressed with the ARU if they thought of it. Far more likely it is another creation of someone coked to the eyeballs. Or the three gentlemen themselves.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If the plan is Cheika (head coach), Foley (forwards) and Larkham (backs) I reckon I can just about live with that. I hate how it's happened, but it's the kind of triumvirate that the All Blacks have used with success in the past.

Hopefully the three of them would keep each other in check (pardon the pun).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I see Fairfax is reporting it done as well. Guess that's a good as confirmed then, exactly what the NSW media want.

After watching the House of Cards series recently, it wouldn't surprise me if Cheika used Kurtley as a tool to bring Link down, knowing full well he could protect Beale as the new Wallabies coach. Cheika was able to feed Robinson all the goss she wanted to bring down Link as the Tah faction feed it to him.

All I need now is to somehow start a rumour about Cheika and Georgina having an affair which would easily fit the Frank and Zoey narrative.

Link brought this on himself.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/10/2...-crisis-2-michael-foley-next-wallabies-coach/

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...zies-resignation/story-fnp0m104-1227095510382

A WALLABIES coaching dream team of Michael Cheika and Stephen Larkham is being considered by the ARU powerbrokers following Ewen McKenzie’s shock resignation.

But the respective Super Rugby franchises have cast doubt over a quick switch by one or both, with NSW bosses to insist Cheika coaches the Waratahs next year, and the Brumbies saying it is “unfeasible” Larkham juggles two jobs.

Cheika yesterday emerged as the leading candidate to take over the Wallabies ahead of Jake White, although it can be revealed he doesn’t have an out clause in his contract and would need Waratah approval to take the job.

“We are not going to belligerent about it but we are not going to trash the Waratahs either,” Waratahs chairman Roger Davis said.

Possible translation:

ARU want Cheika/Larkham.......... Highly unlikely unelss Waratahs/Brumbies get generous compensation?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

this might help you.

tinfoilhat.jpg

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
IMO Beale must be shunted if there is an adverse finding and never allowed to come back into the Wallaby environment. He has apologised in the past and what did that amount to?

I think the right solution is to appoint a long term coach right now.

BR, I'm not sure we disgaree on Beale - my key point is that the Beale issue needs to be isolated and dealt with quickly (on its own merits).

On the latter, our last two Wobb coahes have been successful provincial coaches. Actually, all of our last 5 Wobb coaches have been successful provincial coaches. Only one of these has been a great success as Wobb coach so Cheika (or anyone else) should be looked at more closely before being parachuted into the role. They don't have to throw everything out and start again to do this.

Although in saying that, Link has the worst record of our last 5 coaches so maybe more change is required.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Possible translation:

ARU want Cheika/Larkham.... Highly unlikely unelss Waratahs/Brumbies get generous compensation?

I can't imagine either of them - but especially Cheika - accepting that proposal. They both have egos. I'm sure they'd want to have more control than that would allow them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The NZ rugby team won the first RWC with three of their "best" provincial coaches working together as Head Coach (Lochore) and Assistants (Wylie and Hart). There is a fair bit of mutual dislike and politics between Canterbury (Wylie) and Auckland (Hart). Not sure if that is better or worse than the parochialism between NSW and QLD.

No reason why the Australian Super Rugby Franchise Head Coaches can't work together. They might even be able to replicate the success of the Kiwis.

Status
Not open for further replies.