• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Next Wallabies Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
The NZ rugby team won the first RWC with three of their "best" provincial coaches working together as Head Coach (Lochore) and Assistants (Wylie and Hart). There is a fair bit of mutual dislike and politics between Canterbury (Wylie) and Auckland (Hart). Not sure if that is better or worse than the parochialism between NSW and QLD.

No reason why the Australian Super Rugby Franchise Head Coaches can't work together. They might even be able to replicate the success of the Kiwis.

I still don't buy it. Almost thirty years later and it's not an amateur game anymore.

I won't mind at all if I'm proven wrong, though.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
If cheika is announced new coach, I wounded how long it will take in this highly stressful job for him to be In front of the ARU inquiry himself. Doesnt mind a bit of verbal abuse and property damage. ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Channel 7 reported that Cheika has allegedly told the ARU not to sack Beale, although it was unclear whether they were simply reporting on what Cheika had already previously expressed or if this was a condition for him accepting the job.................

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Channel 7 reported that Cheika has allegedly told the ARU not to sack Beale, although it was unclear whether they were simply reporting on what Cheika had already previously expressed or if this was a condition for him accepting the job.......

In general terms the ARU are in an extremely weak negotiating position. They have 5 days to fill an extremely important role and any prospective candidate is in a very strong position to make demands.

Cheika now seems a fait accompli - which if nothing else will send the Waratah conspiracy theorists into overdrive. It may even lead to an overload if the ARU have to pay the Waratahs compensation to buy out his contract.

Fasten your seat belts tightly and have crash helmets handy if this comes to pass;)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From my point of view Eddie Jones is the coach the team deserves. MC is the best guy for the job. It will be difficult if he's coaching the Tahs too though. It was ok for Dean's to coach super rugby after being appointed as he was in another country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

If there is any truth to Cheika saying that, Pulver needs to show some balls and say, "Michael, with all due respect, this matter has nothing to do with you. If you think otherwise then perhaps you aren't the right man for this job".

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I would have gone with White until the WC. Cheika on a 2+2 contract after it.

But if White isn't available then give it to Cheika now. Fuck an interim coach, all it will mean is the coach will have 4 less games to trial combinations.

Beale has to go, and if he stays they better have some good evidence Link and Patston were actually an item or something of the sort that could go some way towards justifying his thought process in acting the way he did and leaking what he has. Teams need standards and Beale hasn't ever upheld any standards consistently.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
If that's true i'll have lost all faith in Cheika. Where i come from what Beale has done isn't acceptable under any circumstances. Women have a right to feel welcome and comfortable in our game. By allowing him to stay your saying otherwise.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
If true and Larkham and Foley are Cheika's assistants, you would expect that at least three Australian super rugby squads would follow the Wallaby development plan. In other words playing players in the same position at provincial and national level.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
If true and Larkham and Foley are Cheika's assistants, you would expect that at least three Australian super rugby squads would follow the Wallaby development plan. In other words playing players in the same position at provincial and national level.

what you mean all working together with a common goal?

communism!!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The only evidence that should save Beale is something proving he didn't do it

I have a nasty feeling that Beale's renewal is about as nailed on as Cheika's appointment. I don't even want to think about the point-of-order tactics and spurious allegations Beale's legal team are putting forth, not to mention implications of poor management at Wallaby level, just to get the whole case to sink into the cesspit.

Never know - we might be surprised in that Beale is NOT ejected, but instead asked to remove himself quietly from the picture and go to some out-of-the-way place like, oh, I dunno, the NRL?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
IMO

Interim coach: N. Mallett
Permanent coach: Sir G. Henry (that probably wouldn't be popular in N.Z.)

Cheika isn't ready, and any such position would cruel him atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.