• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Australian Super Rugby - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He does love him a dive does Yamada...... thought a coupla things looked dodgy I.e. chaser possibly in front of kicker & final transfer flat at best. Anyways, Sunwolves 21-13 Cheetahs & not long til oranges.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I know the Cheetahs are a bunch of no names, but you just expect with the size of the Rugby playing population in SA they'll be able to turn out a competitive team. Not looking so at this point.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Great effort by the Sunwolves to take a 4 tries to 1 lead into H/T: 28-13. Cheetahs will need to show more commitment in defence otherwise the home team is assured of its first win.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You'd have to expect the Singapore experiment will end after this year if the Sunwolves get decent crowds at home.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ IIRC playing some "home" games v SA opposition in Singapore was part of the deal & given the Seths (understandable given their record) dislike for travel I really don't see them allowing that to change any time soon.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Someone needs to tell the Sunwolves they're not playing touch-footy and actually need to tackle opposition players

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
^^^^^^^^^^ IIRC playing some "home" games v SA opposition in Singapore was part of the deal & given the Seths (understandable given their record) dislike for travel I really don't see them allowing that to change any time soon.

Yeah, it's all political, but with them selling out their first game at home it looks pretty fucking retarded from a PR perspective for the game to be playing games at neutral venues.

Maybe as a compromise the Sunwolves could play all their "away" games against South African opposition at a half way point like Hawaii lol

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
This ref is pretty shit. Calls Quirk fine through the middle, Quirk gets hands on the ball carrier and tackles him then the ref pings him for collapsing.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Oh well. Sunwolves played pretty well away from home and probably should have won if not for some very poor defence.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Referee was poor. and I feel for the Sunwolves.

The last try for the Cheetahs from the driving maul the ball never made it to the back, Fairly obvious when there 3 players in the maul behind the ball carrier. As for the breakdown, a true lottery!

Good game overall, and the Sunwolves are improving every week.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't remember the specifics of the law change, but I thought it was that the ball carrier can stay where he is, others just can't go ahead of him? If the ball goes to the back, it goes independently of the player, but it can also be wherever it wants.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is there any requirement for the ball to make it to the back of a maul. I am not aware of any. Or is it deemed to be a flying wedge if the ball stays near the front and a number of supports are bound behind the carrier?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Is there any requirement for the ball to make it to the back of a maul. I am not aware of any. Or is it deemed to be a flying wedge if the ball stays near the front and a number of supports are bound behind the carrier?

I was under the belief the ball had to be passed to the back before the maul could go forward? It appears that the ball is initially brought down and passed to Princeloo, but he ends up behind two other players who come in from behind him from his left with the whole maul going left of the lifters and jumpers. Ahead of them, and never bound was the 7 who crashes through on a 45 degree angle clearing the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.