• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

TOCC, The Rebels heavily advertised their separate Rising social media pages in the lead up.

Yes, which i thought was a good approach but perhaps it needed to be maintained, if they want to run two separate pages for the Rebels and Rising they need greater cross promotion between the two. Have all the photos, match updates etc in the Rising page, but continue to post details like team lists, match reports, small media snippets on the Rebels page to leverage the greater number of followers the Rebels Facebook page has.

T

TOCC

good stuff TOCC. Very Damning of the ARU.

I reckon this could be worked into a Blog post mate

Hey mate, I have posted on the blog page in the past but that was probably 2 years ago now and i feel I'm a bit out of touch and not up to the standard. If someone else wants to use the material/concept I'd be more then happy for them to do so.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Part 2:

Is there a NRC page on Facebook?
I couldn't find one, that in itself is another failure, there should be a central location for fans to reference for updates, match details, results and broadcast schedules.. Of note, the AFL and NRL Facebook pages have more followers then any of the individual clubs within their respective competitions.
AFL: 680'000
NRL: 930'000

Some fan had put together an NRC facebook page that had 6-7k likes a few weeks ago but it got taken down. Guessing the ARU didn't want an unofficial page masquerading as the competition page. But it was doing a good job with updates etc so it's a shame.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
QRU have just confirmed that the Rd 9 Bledisloe Cup curtain raiser, Brisbane City vs Canberra Vikings will be broadcast. It is yet to be seen whether a match will be broadcast on the Thursday Night as well.

This is great news, if the wallabies are ordinary against the all blacks then there may be a lot of references made to the NRC game.

I see a huge opportunity for Quade Cooper and Samu Kerevi to stake a claim for the spring tour. If they have blinders and the wallabies dont perform then they will put themselves in contention

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Vikings Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/UniVikings/

It currently has 2279 followers.

1300 of whom are probably only following it to fan the flames of their hatred over the fact they're called the "Vikings". I was told last night by someone who was there that several attendees refused to refer to them as such - "Canberra" or "UC" from the small-minded non-Vikings in the crowd.

T

TOCC

my interpretation of the issue, its the equivalent of say Sydney Uni been awarded the sole NSW bid and calling themselves Sydney Stars expecting fans from other clubs to get behind them.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I am so sick of this griping over the Vikings from other Canberra fans. Did any other local club make a bid for the NRC? Did any other club put themselves out there to take the risk and do the work? The answer is no. The Vikings did. If you don't push in the scrum, you won't get the ball. That's the long and short of it.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I am so sick of this griping over the Vikings from other Canberra fans. Did any other local club make a bid for the NRC? Did any other club put themselves out there to take the risk and do the work? The answer is no. The Vikings did. If you don't push in the scrum, you won't get the ball. That's the long and short of it.
The other element is that if the Brumbies can't get more than 15,000 spectators to a Super Rugby final which happened to be Grandfinal rematch then you sure can't expect the Brumbies are going to be able to stump up the cash to put a team in this comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
In the first season of rugby league in NSW in 1908, crowds averaged around 2,000 people. Some were as low as 200 spectators. The grand final between Souths and Easts had 4,000. Tonight Souths and Bulldogs has 90,000.

From little things, big things grow... We don't have to give the NRC a hundreds years, but it will grow.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
In the first season of rugby league in NSW in 1908, crowds averaged around 2,000 people. Some were as low as 200 spectators. The grand final between Souths and Easts had 4,000. Tonight Souths and Bulldogs has 90,000.

From little things, big things grow. We don't have to give the NRC a hundreds years, but it will grow.

The population of Sydney at the time was around 1 million. So adjusted for today's population gives you an average of about 9,000 people. The NRL's average crowd today is around 16,000.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The population of Sydney at the time was around 1 million. So adjusted for today's population gives you an average of about 9,000 people. The NRL's average crowd today is around 16,000.

For which they have Brisbane to thank, largely. Far and away the best attendance over history, and leading the table on average attendance. Perhaps not surprisingly, the teams outside Sydney generally have better attendance - Broncos, Knights, Titans, Cowboys, Tigers (exception), Warriors are the top 6 according to one page.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
To My knowledge the nrc crowds have been fairly decent. A couple games below expectations but quite a few above. Average would have to be around 2,000 a game? I'd be very surprised if the aru expected more than that. I know the rebels are getting a little more than they thought they would.
The Canberra fans are a joke with their complaining. It is so pathetic and parochial. Honestly. Grow up and support some good rugby. It's not club rugby so don't treat it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.