• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Brisbane City v Western Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Brisbane being very free and easy with the ball and have made a few soft turnovers.

Cooper made the comment at half time about bringing the crowds along, but I think they can be entertaining without being quite so Harlem Globetrotter.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't been paying enough attention to see what changes have been made, but the Force scrum are now giving it back to City.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, I didn't realise Karmichael was playing............

Force 47 - Bris City 29

The Force benefiting from all that time they've spent together.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pleasing, well-deserved result.
Good first hit-out in the NRC for the new Western Force.
Brisbane City will improve as it has the talent and firepower.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez the field didn't look very flash on TV, perhaps the weeds could of been mowed?? But in important stuff seemed reasonable game, I must admit I was also watching Mitre 10 cup game, so only saw bits!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Quade doing Quade things..

Cooper.gif

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Quade doing Quade things..

View attachment 10248
Quade did some flashy stuff which came with the usual errors. Hunt I thought played well.

Force did well to recover after their scrum being mauled to get pack parity and indeed dominance once smith twins went off.

Rolling maul from force particularly dominant.

Always the challenge for sides with early hit out to get combinations going but as a short competition they don’t have much time to get it right. Force will benefit from their more settled combinations but I reckon after what I have seen drua and Vikings will give force a run for their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Both teams were fairly solid. Force’s pack was very professional, hard to get a gage on the back line. City need more from their backrow who were outplayed by the force backrow. Good to have NRC back.

B

Bobby Sands

Why do some many tries get scored at this level? Takes the intensity out of the game.

Hunt looked good.

QC (Quade Cooper) was very good.

Jaye Thompson will be the Reds fullback.

Matt Gordon and Giquel to start next game. Morrey too small, despite being very willing.

Reactions: dru

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
No 7 Alcock for Force excellent, back row for Brisbane City non exsistent, captain no 6 for Brisbane very ordinary. Smith brothers were great and tried hard all day, needed some help however didn’t get a lot. 15 for Brisbane was very good. Force well deserved winners, good side.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Geez the field didn't look very flash on TV, perhaps the weeds could of been mowed?? But in important stuff seemed reasonable game, I must admit I was also watching Mitre 10 cup game, so only saw bits!!

Dan we are in a drought and this is a local rugby club with no ARU or QRU funding. All things considering I think the ground held up ok. Clearly no issues from the players although I wouldn’t have liked to have been tackled into it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan we are in a drought and this is a local rugby club with no ARU or QRU funding. All things considering I think the ground held up ok. Clearly no issues from the players although I wouldn’t have liked to have been tackled into it.

Yep RF, I realise the reasons, and sure the players would have had no issues. Was in no way a dig at the fine people running the Norths club mate, I actually thought it was pleasing to see game played there, and I know the the issues clubs are having with grounds here this year, and lack of support you get in from above in assistance with it.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Why do some many tries get scored at this level? Takes the intensity out of the game.

Hunt looked good.

QC (Quade Cooper) was very good.

Jaye Thompson will be the Reds fullback.

Matt Gordon and Giquel to start next game. Morrey too small, despite being very willing.

Not sure I agree BS, I went to have a look. Was amazed by the size of the crowd, very well done Norths and QRU. Perhaps Quade had much to do with this also. However I don't think Quadey was very good. He did some things very well but too often, as TSR said, things unraveled because of flick pass instead of retention and building pressure. I know that's Quade, but simply, the team needs more constants, especially early in this seven game season. He still seems a little contact shy for mine, but does create excitement

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The flick pass was fine and well positioned. it was Sorovi, wasn't it? He did well in his support play, he just needed to finish it off by collection the pill.

Quade again showed what a playmaker is. He isn't as sharp as in 2011 but he still has the instinct and the creativity. It was a lovely play.

B

Bobby Sands

Not sure I agree BS, I went to have a look. Was amazed by the size of the crowd, very well done Norths and QRU. Perhaps Quade had much to do with this also. However I don't think Quadey was very good. He did some things very well but too often, as TSR said, things unraveled because of flick pass instead of retention and building pressure. I know that's Quade, but simply, the team needs more constants, especially early in this seven game season. He still seems a little contact shy for mine, but does create excitement

His mistakes weren't lost on me. But no other player could have the impact he has, and not be singled out. He single-handedly architected all of our tries (bar maybe one) and scored one of his own. If it wasn't Quade, we would be saying get this kid in the Wallabies.

The Sorovi drop was I thought Moses mistake not Quades.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
His mistakes weren't lost on me. But no other player could have the impact he has, and not be singled out. He single-handedly architected all of our tries (bar maybe one) and scored one of his own. If it wasn't Quade, we would be saying get this kid in the Wallabies.

The Sorovi drop was I thought Moses mistake not Quades.

It was a dumb pass - completely unnecessary.......... fairly typical Quade - equal amounts genius and stupidity.

But ultimately he was outplayed by Deegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.