• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Brisbane City v Western Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It is a completely unnecessary polemic. Why the hell does the world have to so often present falsely in black or white?

I guess all of them feel like the Reds will be a better team sooner if they move on from Cooper.

They probably thought (and potentially still think) that their 2018 season would have been more successful by following that mantra.

I don't see a way that Cooper can be played without being the focal point of the team and I think the returns that will bring now irrespective of coach is diminishing.

For the record, I think Slipper and Hunt are entirely unrelated issues. They did play and would have played without the drugs issue.

I would say the QRU are backing a decision not to play any of them anymore and are keen to get them off their books so they can put the money to better use.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I feel like moments like this and his decision to turn down 3 points in the club rugby semi final and do a cross field kick are the kind of actions taken by someone who isn't taking what they're doing seriously enough. It's like he's there to have fun whereas others are potentially playing for their careers etc.

If I was Brad Thorn I'd have probably watched that game on Sunday and thought that I made the right choice not having him as part of the squad in 2018.

But Cheika is on record as saying that Quade had to go back to club land and have fun. :(

Reactions: dru

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
yeah, I love QC (Quade Cooper) but that was unnecessary. As others have said a ball in two hands conventional pass sets Sorovi (and his support) away for a try.

The behind the back pass is inaccurate and Sorovi is momentarily blocked from the ball coming as its coming from behind QC (Quade Cooper).
And this is where Quade’s justification falls down in my view. I would have found well constructed try scored off a conventional pass far more entertaining then a botched try on the back of a bit of unnecessary razzle dazzle.

Unfortunately there days I find myself saying more and more ‘I like Quade, but ......’

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought the pass was accurate it wasn't pushed because of the flick. It was pushed because Quade made a break and was left clear of support. He had to slow up for that support and needed the support to close faster. A conventional pass was unlikely to do much better.

Sorovi reached out to it rather than run on to it, and there was a second player by Sorovi who may have been better as receiver.

Just as well to tell Quade not to break so far next time.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I thought the pass was accurate it wasn't pushed because of the flick. It was pushed because Quade made a break and was left clear of support. He had to slow up for that support and needed the support to close faster. A conventional pass was unlikely to do much better.

Sorovi reached out to it rather than run on to it, and there was a second player by Sorovi who may have been better as receiver.

Just as well to tell Quade not to break so far next time.

This doesn't make sense to me. You are trying to justify the play that wasn't necessary. I agree with TSR and RR in that a conventional pass was required, not someone showing they can pass behind their back. Being at the ground, there was certainly a gasp of delight when he flicked the pass but a bigger groan of dismay when it didn't go to hand

Status
Not open for further replies.