• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 5: Rams v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lovely try from QC (Quade Cooper), nice passage of play in the backs followed up with a stab through, generous bounce and in at the RH corner. 6-22.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That man Tom Banks gets on the board, followed by the other Tom, Pincus

6-22 @ 21 mins

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyone at the ground give Muggleton a yell. Tell him get Asquith and whoever the hell is supposed to be organising the Rams defence off the fucking field.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
But the Rams surprise us, hold the ball on the LH side, winger over in the corner. 12-22, 25 gone.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
QC (Quade Cooper) scrum just inside their half, play somewhat disjointed. QC (Quade Cooper) take the ball to their right, and then the left. Going nowhere.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Bloke trying his best but it's not clicking.

He's just not a playmaker. Certainly not at this level. There's no shame in that. But it cannot be doing his or his teams confidence or chances any good having him playing in such a pivotal position.

If they want to develop him get him to play a season in the position at club level first. We cannot afford his learning curve.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rams defence on the flanks very poor, QC (Quade Cooper) over in the corner, Scott-Young, RH this time. 12-38, 5mins to go.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Asquith FINALLY comes good. Grabs intercept 5m out, runs 95m and scores in the corner. AND knocks over the conversion, 20-36, 2mins to go.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Rams defensive strategy seems to be to make sure that they are at least two players short when the ball is spread wide. That and Asquith mean that the Rams will take the wooden spoon unless Muggleton makes some changes.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I know I tend to harp on about Asquith and I don't think he's a bad player. Just a poor 10 in a competition where we really cannot afford that. He'd be better at 12.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rams have been caught on the hop here by QC (Quade Cooper). We've been spreading it each way continually and they haven't had to face that yet. Will be interesting to see if QC (Quade Cooper) can hold on. Rams could do with taking it up the middle and getting all physical on what is a very raw QC (Quade Cooper) pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Rams defensive strategy seems to be to make sure that they are at least two players short when the ball is spread wide. That and Asquith mean that the Rams will take the wooden spoon unless Muggleton makes some changes.

Sadly, I'm not confident in the chances of that happening. He hhasn't shown any inclination to want to change anything up in the first 4 games. Why start now?

Status
Not open for further replies.