• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Regardless of the Poll results, it is very hard to go past Scots as favourites. With a significant number of last year's Championship winning team returning - they will be hard to beat!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hi GPS followers.

I am trying to track down a Joey's & Kings home game writer for the 2018 season.

Would anyone care to volunteer?

At present there is Crackerjack covering (Scotts), QuickHands (New), Shortball (View) UpTheGuts (Shore).

It is primarily for the season proper and only for home games.Of course if you choose to do a write up of the trial games that may well be published as well.

Let me know

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hi GPS followers.

I am trying to track down a Joey's & Kings home game writer for the 2018 season.

Would anyone care to volunteer?

At present there is Crackerjack covering (Scotts), QuickHands (New), Shortball (View) UpTheGuts (Shore).

It is primarily for the season proper and only for home games.Of course if you choose to do a write up of the trial games that may well be published as well.

Let me know

Get Kings to sell Shore pies at JS White and you might have a chance of luring Azzuri out of retirement. :)

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Scots 7s Rugby Tournament is being live streamed right now on facebook.

Search for Scots Rugby 7s

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
RUMOUR confirmation

lead_large.jpg

Heard today Shore may not field a team in the 16A competition this year.
Anyone?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Shore 4ths win a very heated game 20-7 against Waverly. More than 4 yellow cards and a number of fights, poor ref had trouble keeping the boys calm. Hopefully a bit more decorum in the remaining games.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
RUMOUR confirmation

lead_large.jpg

Heard today Shore may not field a team in the 16A competition this year.
Anyone?
Understandable, their results against Kings and Newington last year, indicated they would struggle to say the least. However, they found suitable opponents elsewhere. They beat Cranbrook 60-5 and Grammar 34-5 don't other game results. So if Shore want to be a 7th CAS side in the 16As for 2018, I wish them well. Apparently, parents approached Dr Wright last year about the well- being of the players hence, their withdrawal.
What it shows is a massive gap opening up between between GPS and CAS. That is not good for Schoolboy Rugby. Nevertheless, the 5 remaining GPS schools have a excellent standard of Rugby and should seek out a sixth school as a replacement. St.Edmunds or Marist in Canberra if schools are prepared to travel could be a possibility. St. Gregory's or St.Augustine's is another possibility. Or a sports high school U/16 side, although I sure their players might have league commitments.
Any suggestions would be most interesting.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Understandable, their results against Kings and Newington last year, indicated they would struggle to say the least. However, they found suitable opponents elsewhere. They beat Cranbrook 60-5 and Grammar 34-5 don't other game results. So if Shore want to be a 7th CAS side in the 16As for 2018, I wish them well. Apparently, parents approached Dr Wright last year about the well- being of the players hence, their withdrawal.
What it shows is a massive gap opening up between between GPS and CAS. That is not good for Schoolboy Rugby. Nevertheless, the 5 remaining GPS schools have a excellent standard of Rugby and should seek out a sixth school as a replacement. St.Edmunds or Marist in Canberra if schools are prepared to travel could be a possibility. St. Gregory's or St.Augustine's is another possibility. Or a sports high school U/16 side, although I sure their players might have league commitments.
Any suggestions would be most interesting.

Joeys beat Marist Canberra 45-12 today
Maybe closer to home?

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Which teams are playing. I see Riverview, Newingto but any others?

Pool A: Canberra Grammar, NSW Development Squad, Newington and Scots.

Pool B: Lloyd McDermott Development Team, Ratu Kadavulevu School (Fiji), Riverview and Trinity.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Second XV at half time: Joeys 33 Riverview 0
Is this a true View team or are their best over at $cots playing touch

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Pool A: Canberra Grammar, NSW Development Squad, Newington and Scots.

Pool B: Lloyd McDermott Development Team, Ratu Kadavulevu School (Fiji), Riverview and Trinity.

I recall the very first couple of tournaments when they had many more schools, many from NZ and QLD.
Looks a bit thin