• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Don’t think joeys beat them?

Not a chance. The 14's age group last year at Joeys were very weak (and major concern)
From what I have heard from my son is that there has been an intake into year 9 who may have an impact.
This past weekend there were at least five new faces playing in the 15A's. My boy reserved from the B's v C's game.
Plus my son has said the new Director has made the 15's of 2019 an age group of focus.
Mind you, Br Anthony (winner of 10 GPS premierships) still has the 15A's so there will be some improvement.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
My apologies, Peabody, clearly I am getting ahead of myself. I thought it was 4th April which is in fact a Thursday. Clearly, the excitement of another season of Schoolboy Rugby has taken hold. In this matter, I no longer go to grade games or even super Rugby matches. Instead, I confine myself to Schoolboy Rugby, which I consider superior in excitement, passion and enjoyment to the previous levels of the game mentioned.

From a strategic growth point of view, I do believe we need to grow the game at schoolboy and junior club level. Particularly, now most CHS schools have dropped the Rugby Ball and now purse recreation sports. As it requires less coaching for government teachers and even lesser responsibility, regarding injuries and supervision.

In this regard encouragement of St.Gregs to play more Rugby should a priority for the growth of the game in Western Sydney. Equally, St.Edwards College on the Central Coast should be another target school ideally in ISA, as their inclusion would bring the numbers to Eight ISA first Division Schools and therefore no byes.

Quite simply, Rugby at the schoolboy level has vastly, more to offer than league, such an advantage should taken up by all levels of Administration, concerning the game. The benefit will be to all us ,irrespective, of what level you enjoy the game.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
My apologies, Peabody, clearly I am getting ahead of myself. I thought it was 4th April which is in fact a Thursday. Clearly, the excitement of another season of Schoolboy Rugby has taken hold. In this matter, I no longer go to grade games or even super Rugby matches. Instead, I confine myself to Schoolboy Rugby, which I consider superior in excitement, passion and enjoyment to the previous levels of the game mentioned.]

No apologies necessary B & W - your overenthusiasm is to be commended.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
maybe so Lindo...but the 6 others in that photo clearly share large strands of DNA with many a Marist back line.

Case in point, the Kings 1st XV forward pack

holstein-cattle.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Newington playing Trinity this Saturday in the following games (some games offset against higher graded Trinity teams)
1sts
2nds
4ths
5ths6ths
16A
16B/C
15A
15D
14A
14B
14E
13A
13B
13E
13F

Opens and 16s are at Newington. 13-15 are at Trinity.

Teams not mentioned are playing internals at Newington
15B v 15C, 14D v 14E, 13C v 13D and 3rd XV have a bye.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not a chance. The 14's age group last year at Joeys were very weak (and major concern)
From what I have heard from my son is that there has been an intake into year 9 who may have an impact.
This past weekend there were at least five new faces playing in the 15A's. My boy reserved from the B's v C's game.
Plus my son has said the new Director has made the 15's of 2019 an age group of focus.
Mind you, Br Anthony (winner of 10 GPS premierships) still has the 15A's so there will be some improvement.

Interesting.;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes newington 15As should be very good . they were pretty dominant last year

Don’t think joeys beat them?

Altgh no doubt they will seeking to change that

Hmmm . if Knox is playing newington. that could be a good game

Where is that being played?

Joeys will always be tough to beat and the 15As will be expecting a very tough game when it happens (first round of GPS IIRC), as have both the 13A and 14A games in the past two years.

Interesting that Joeys will have at least 5 new faces in their 15A team from an "intake";)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting that Joeys will have at least 5 new faces in their 15A team from an "intake";)

My son has reported that two of them have been dropped to the "B" team already. One new cattle dog caught the eye as he had plenty of pace and size. Red Kelpies are like that.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Remember the reaction when 5 AUSTRALIAN UNDER 16 players turned Yu up in Scots College 1st XV?
The GOLD standard that has never been bettered

I guess the only way you could defend yourself joker is to attack others just an anomaly at HH I’m sure any other school you would be calling it a travesty ....... you don’t submit to terror because you have it on speed dial !

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Remember the reaction when 5 AUSTRALIAN UNDER 16 players turned up in Scots College 1st XV?
The GOLD standard that has never been bettered

You mean in 1992 when Courtney Anderson's father paid for those boys to attend the college to honour his passing at Glengarry? What a terrible act by a father. Remember not to leave that next time. But let's not forget the two guys in that team that went on to international test matches where there from year 7.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
You mean in 1992 when Courtney Anderson's father paid for those boys to attend the college to honour his passing at Glengarry? What a terrible act by a father. Remember not to leave that next time. But let's not forget the two guys in that team that went on to international test matches where there from year 7.

I know Tom Bowman was there from the Prep School. His former teacher (Ray Lee/....RIP) told me he was a great kid. Who was the other player?

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Iian McAusland. Played a few games Scotland A and benched a few games for Scotland but never ran on. Yes Ray Lee was a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.