• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OppO

Positional changes, James goldie to number 7, Murphy to number 6, penisi 16a's, deegan 16a's, Josh Kay to 10, Ben Rogers to 9, le lievre to 2nds, hookey to 15

Had to LOL at this. "Move to 2nds" ends up in Aus schools.

O

Old Offside No7

Gezz Sarge, why dont you give us the line out calls for Scots as well while your at it!

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Great post Sarge, very interesting.

I have seen View play Kings and Newington this year. They play a forward dominated game and are particularly good at the set piece. Their best asset is their loose forwards. Wells, Dempsey, Rorke (2nd row), Kullen (the row) etc are very strong ball runners and defenders. If anyone can implement the strategy you talk of above, it is probably them. Their outside backs are their major weakness, all solid defenders but offering little in attack. Apart from Vaux, and the guys that looks like Quade Cooper, they aren't much of a threat. In fact, in those two games, I believe all of their tries were scored by their piggies...

View have already pumped Scots this year in a trial. I would expect them to be favourites...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
A very good point Dermo...

Does anyone know what has changed so drastically in this Scots team since they were getting pumped in the trials?

T

Try Time

Don't forget Scots also flogged Newington at Stanmore which I suspect gave them some self belief they had been lacking until that point.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Key match-ups across the park?

Some excellent talent from both sides...

Wells, Dempsey,Rorke, Vaux

Vs

Miller, Walters, Horwitz, Stewart

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Main change was Horwitz to 10. Bryant struggled with a consistent passing game. The backline has been settled and having Stewart there is a bonus as he did play many trials. Horwitz adds stability and direction which was lacking. He will be captain in 2012.
Do you think kellaway being added to the side has made much of a difference?

T

TigersFan5

Scots played Cranbrook today and won 40-7 convincing, but not the best performance of rugby

S

sulidoror

trinity 14 newington 12 just after half time. trinity had 2 sin binned in the 1st half - half for repeated (2 in 30 secs !) off side at the scrum; other for dangerous ? high ? tackle... bit harsh; tackled player fell into it i thought. trinity charged down a conversion !!! and scored a penalty try to take the lead....

B

baldingwingforward

WHo were the standouts for Scots?

Heard a rumour that their LH prop is out injured for a while. Not sure of his name - Felix i think? Tigersfan - you know anything about that? Their scrum will be really important against View as the front row/scrum is one of their strengths.

K

knight

Scots looked really flat today. Obviously the score board shows differently. but the 15 that was playing today would certainly be vulnerable in this back half of the season to an aggressive team who is willing to make their first up tackles. standouts were kellaway dangerous with ball in hand and scoring a few and tall fullback Gallagher who was an ever present threat with a sound kicking game. On that, goalkicking is proving to be a serious issue for this team and could prove a pivotal flaw unless developed with the 3 tried kickers only achieving 2 from 8. Inluding kicks from very close. Dont let me suggest they arn't a brilliant TSC XV but if they want to be gps champions you have to be better then what i saw today.

K

knight

I also heard Shore convincingly beat Waverly today, as that Waverly team beat Knox I am really interested in this result, can anyone comment. I also heard Shore 8 was knocked out in a brawl, can anyone confirm and comment on this?

B

baldingwingforward

I also heard Shore convincingly beat Waverly today, as that Waverly team beat Knox I am really interested in this result, can anyone comment. QUOTE]

I'm not surprised by this. Waverley have the worst 1st XV i have seen from them in the past 10 years that i have been watching CAS/GPS rugby. Shore also always get better as the season goes on. Expect them to cause an upset or to in the last 4 rounds of the GPS - Not sure of the order but they still have to play Kings, Scots, New and Grammar, - i reckon they could win 3 or possibly even 4 of those if Scots have one of their arrogant days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom