• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyNut101

Peter Burge (5)
Scots looked really flat today. Obviously the score board shows differently. but the 15 that was playing today would certainly be vulnerable in this back half of the season to an aggressive team who is willing to make their first up tackles. And Horwitz looked truely lost without Stewart, dropping the ball on at least 3 occasions and just didn't have the presence an aussie schoolboy 10 should have. Anyone else see the game and think this? standouts were kellaway dangerous with ball in hand and scoring a few and tall fullback Gallagher who was an ever present threat with a sound kicking game. On that, goalkicking is proving to be a serious issue for this team and could prove a pivotal flaw unless developed with the 3 tried kickers only achieving 2 from 8. Inluding kicks from very close. Dont let me suggest they arn't a brilliant TSC XV but if they want to be gps champions you have to be better then what i saw today.

at the end of the game there were 3 1st players that will line at against riverview next week. If you want to judge on todays game you should talk about it being the second XV

B

baldingwingforward

at the end of the game there were 3 1st players that will line at against riverview next week. If you want to judge on todays game you should talk about it being the second XV

Jeez if that is true that is an impressive performance!

Spoke to a mate at Riverview yesterday - he reckons that they have a lot of injuries to key players atm with a number of them struggling after a hard week at Nationals. Couple of others also carrying knocks plus they lost their 12 to a broken leg at the end of last term. If he is right i reckon Scots will win easily especially with home ground advantage.

R

rugby eye

^^^^^ WOW thats very impressive. Is this a change in the grammar play or were the aloys boys just woeful

G

G-78-XV-V

some confusion as to how strong the Aloy's team was ..... ie, how many regulars were missing???
otherwise the 1st 1/2 was good rugby ...very few mistakes by the Grammar boys....got a bit wobbly in the
2nd half...as per the score....

weekend,,,,,
New over Shore @ Northbridge......New are due to regroup, and this could be the weekend.
Joey's over Grammar (just)@ Rushcutters Bay....if Grammar play two good halves, as per above, they may have enough points to be ahead at full time...
Scots over View @ Bellview Hill...Match Of The Day...Scots at home is good enough for me....
Kings travel to TAS....minor games at High...

T

The Blindside

weekend,,,,,
New over Shore @ Northbridge......New are due to regroup, and this could be the weekend.
Joey's over Grammar (just)@ Rushcutters Bay....if Grammar play two good halves, as per above, they may have enough points to be ahead at full time...
Scots over View @ Bellview Hill...Match Of The Day...Scots at home is good enough for me....
Kings travel to TAS....minor games at High...

Big test for New this weekend. Baldwin and MacDonald will be back but Ricky T and Prior-Lees gone for the season.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
tips for this weekend
Scots vs View, Scots at home will get up no more then 7 in it but
Joeys vs Grammer, Joeys by 20
New vs Shore, Shore at home and New without 4 key players, Shore by 8
Kings vs High/TAS, agree with Sarge wouldnt bother going if i was the TKS boys, easy points

Q

QuadeCooperFan

View over Scots
Joeys over Grammar
New over Shore
Kings will have a training session

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
In light of the bad weather we are seeing in Sydney today; Scots backs be choked of decent ball and View's forwards to be like pigs in mud

S

SmarterChild12

All in all, you can expect the View vs Scots game to be one of high quality whatever the weather, but if this weather keeps up, expect a very low scoring game, kickers will need to be on the money, this one will be one by no more than 3 points either way.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can any Scots insider share with me the strength of the Scots 1st 15 that toured Canberra in pre season. I am just trying to find a rough gage between some canberra sides and a sydney gps school.

S

SmarterChild12

Can any Scots insider share with me the strength of the Scots 1st 15 that toured Canberra in pre season. I am just trying to find a rough gage between some canberra sides and a sydney gps school.

After speaking to a family friend from scots, i hear that, the team that went down to the AIS is completely different to what it is now, with at least 5 of the players not attending yet being selected.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
SJC vs SGS
1st and 2nd XV games have been moved to Joeys due to Grammar not having enough snorkles and flippers for the Weigal Pool.
Normal kick off times..

Any other news? I am sure the Bellevue Hill Baths is flooded by now.
I have heard as well (please confirm) that Shore have pulled the plug on the Newington game.

FYI.
Today the Wallabies trained at SJC. It was over heard after the captains run that Robbie Deans rated the Joeys oval the best he has been on. "why don't we move the test here..." Players I was told enjoyed the surface and the chance to actually run on grass and not puddles.

shore and newington websites say that the 1sts and 2nds are still on atm.

K

knight

tips for this weekend
New vs Shore, Shore at home and New without 4 key players, Shore by 8

The return of Baldwin and McDonald will be huge for Newington. McDonald was tipped to be the fly for gps-1 pre season and his battle tomorrow with the highly rated shore halves will be interesting. Two backlines full of firepower however judging by the weather it will be settled in the forwards. Newington's forwards have more fire.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1st, 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 9ths, 16As and 15As all moved to Joeys number 1 tomorrow
Robbie Deans was right, barely any water on the pitch
New prediction due to weather View over Scots by 5

RugbyNut101

Peter Burge (5)
The return of Baldwin and McDonald will be huge for Newington. McDonald was tipped to be the fly for gps-1 pre season and his battle tomorrow with the highly rated shore halves will be interesting. Two backlines full of firepower however judging by the weather it will be settled in the forwards. Newington's forwards have more fire.

He's good, but didn't play at all well for Combined States in QLd

Status
Not open for further replies.