• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldingwingforward

Had to go away on business to HK unexpectedly - was supposed to get on the cans at the Scots game! Pissed off i missed it!

Can someone please post a match report. I know View won but was it close/a good game? I actually thought that Scots would win especially with Vaux out.

S

Stickybeak

If you went to High or Grammar you would also understand the elementary physics involved! Please don't worry. If you are wet, you will still dry out without boiling first.

I did.
For maximum 4 competition games each season it could not possibly be justified.
We didnt even have air con in Big School when we did the HSC.......

durkadurka

Peter Burge (5)
They should have played the 14s and 13s there: it would have made no difference
My son wants to know why they don't sow the whole playing field with the same grass

^No, just no.

Should not trivialise playing on Number One at Joeys. Simple as that, 9ths is a different story as it is an all year 12 team who were already scheduled there. Although I see where you are coming from in suggesting that all As teams should have played, but having played on Number One a few times, it would be wrong to play the 13s and 14s on there, particularly when the 13s still play on the back ovals and the 14s have recently been moved to Number 2.

You should look forward to playing on SJC Number One as a Joeys boy as despite the dire changes to traditions made since Spud's departure, every year 12 rugby player should (and used to) get to play on it for the last home game of the year, or at least once during the season. You DON'T let the junior kids take their first time for granted which would inevitably happen if we played 13s and 14s there, hell I am even against playing 15s on it, especially before the 2s game.

Sorry for my rant but its the Joeys coming out in me, something which doesn't happen alot.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
New beat Shore 19-18 in a really crap game. Shore lead for most of the game and missed a conversion late in the game which would have won them the game. New played like crap but ....... a win is a win.
------------------------

New scored 2 tries with 2 conversion= 14 to 0. Shore 1st try with a conversion, then a penalty - 10. Shore add another penalty - 13. Another try to New missed conversion - 19. Shore with their 2nd try missed conversion - 18. Final score New 19 - Shore 18.

rugbysik

Stan Wickham (3)
Scots came out firing with 2 tries scored early. First was a lot of pressure put on view by scots. The second was a 80 meter try, involving miller breaking through 2 tackles off loading to stewart who drew and passed to kellaway. View came back to score 3 tries (2 of them very soft). the first was a pick and drive try. the second was a stupid mistake where the 9 went probing and broke away from miller. the 3rd was the last play of the half where gallengar went to kick it out view charged down and scored. scots also scots a penalty kick making it 19-13 views way.

scots second half was poor. view scored 2 quick tries making it 26-13. kellway came back to score for scots and score another penalty to make 26-21. this made it a very tense last 10. view scored a poor try. where miller was running and the ball was stripped and the tackler ran away un-touched. that settled it for scots boys loosing 31-21. there was a fight where felix van da lick was involved but it settled down quite quick.

View defence was strong. but i believe scots truly deserved the win. with a 2 out 7 kicking game. and 3 tries that should not of been scored.

Stand out:
Scots: 10, 12, 2, 15
View: 5, 6, 8, 10

S

Stickybeak

^No, just no.

Should not trivialise playing on Number One at Joeys. Simple as that, 9ths is a different story as it is an all year 12 team who were already scheduled there. Although I see where you are coming from in suggesting that all As teams should have played, but having played on Number One a few times, it would be wrong to play the 13s and 14s on there, particularly when the 13s still play on the back ovals and the 14s have recently been moved to Number 2.

You should look forward to playing on SJC Number One as a Joeys boy as despite the dire changes to traditions made since Spud's departure, every year 12 rugby player should (and used to) get to play on it for the last home game of the year, or at least once during the season. You DON'T let the junior kids take their first time for granted which would inevitably happen if we played 13s and 14s there, hell I am even against playing 15s on it, especially before the 2s game.

Sorry for my rant but its the Joeys coming out in me, something which doesn't happen alot.

Are you kidding - the idea is to give the kids a game not build a shrine: you've got St Marys for that

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Scots came out firing with 2 tries scored early. First was a lot of pressure put on view by scots. The second was a 80 meter try, involving miller breaking through 2 tackles off loading to stewart who drew and passed to kellaway. View came back to score 3 tries (2 of them very soft). the first was a pick and drive try. the second was a stupid mistake where the 9 went probing and broke away from miller. the 3rd was the last play of the half where gallengar went to kick it out view charged down and scored. scots also scots a penalty kick making it 19-13 views way.

scots second half was poor. view scored 2 quick tries making it 26-13. kellway came back to score for scots and score another penalty to make 26-21. this made it a very tense last 10. view scored a poor try. where miller was running and the ball was stripped and the tackler ran away un-touched. that settled it for scots boys loosing 31-21. there was a fight where felix van da lick punched a view forward in the face and started out a brawl but was settled down quite quick.

View defence was strong. but i believe scots truly deserved the win. with a 2 out 7 kicking game. and 3 tries that should not of been scored.

Stand out:
Scots: 10, 12, 2, 15
View: 5, 6, 8, 10

anyone sent off and will be suspended after the last minute antics?

D

Dicky Knees

Scots View Game

A great day for Rugby @ Scots yesterday started with the Opening of the David Brockhoff Memorial Team Rooms (aka Change Rooms) by John Eales, who is a Catholic & son goes to View. The Team Rooms were fitted out by Warwick Waugh (Scots Wallaby) & John Eales made a fantastic speach to help Mrs Brockhoff open the Rooms. Other Wallabies such as Dr John Solomon, Tim Gavin, Richard Harry etc were there to witness a very moving ceremony. Brok did most of his "best work" in the change room before, during & after the Game, especially the half time serve if you were losing, so it is a fitting initiative by the Scots Community to remember him in such a way. After such a wet week, the Sun was shining & the Scots Main looked in great condition...amazing the influence of the Catholics!

To the Game, which had such a build up for Premiership contention & Head to Head clashes of Wells/Demsey against Walters/Miller & Horwtiz against Vaux. The Game didn't disappoint! Scots started really strongly with their usual ball in hand running game producing two good tries, the Miller to Stewart to Kellaway one from their own try line one of the best that you'll see anywhere. This Scots Team really back themselves & "Running Rugby" Bob Dwyer would love them! Unfortunately the Scots Captain, Walters, did his shoulder badly trying to get a good hit on Wells in the first 30sec of the game. He continued on, having good impact but had to come off @ the 20min mark. This proved to be a big loss to Scots as Scots lost a bit of cohesion without his leadership & a couple of the "soft" tries were scored around the rucks, which is his defensive strength.

Apart from the unfortunate mistake by Gallagher just on half time to get a charge down for an important View try, Scots looked in charge & reasonably comfortable going into the Break. The score would have been even more comfortable if Kellaway's kicking game was on. The second half was a tight fought affair & it seemed that whoever had the ball, was in charge on the paddock, with both Scots & View throwing the ball around as if it was a dry pitch. View scored a couple of more tries with Vaux finding a few holes in close & Wells playing a strong Captain's knock in both attack & defence. Scots replied with a great try by Kellaway & the last 10 mins was a tense match with Scots trying really hard to pull back the deficit. There have been reports of an all in at the end of the game..this is false, there was a bit of that at the end of the 2nds Game but it mounted to nothing with no send offs or reports. Close to the end of the 1sts the two front rowers Van der Lak & Kulen had a bit of an exchange, which resulted in both getting a yellow but again not much in it.

View deservedly won a great game which was played in great style & spirit. Many great & courageous performances on the paddock but in particular my standout choices were...Wells, Rorke & Vaux from View & Van der lak, Miller, Stewart & Kellaway for Scots.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Are you kidding - the idea is to give the kids a game not build a shrine: you've got St Marys for that

Hey Sticky - lighten up please - Joeys has over 40 rugby teams - they can't all play on one oval. Also at the larger schools the honour of playing on main oval is huge, and the boys value it greatly as durkadurka has described. Different schools have different traditions.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Im with Durka on this one Sticky. Having attended View and knowing many of the boys in pink, I know how much they treasure that ground. I also really like the idea that all of the year 12's get the chance to play on it once in their last year...

S

Stickybeak

Im with Durka on this one Sticky. Having attended View and knowing many of the boys in pink, I know how much they treasure that ground. I also really like the idea that all of the year 12's get the chance to play on it once in their last year...

NO one's stopping them - they didn't play at all yesterday unless they were in the 1s or 2s - I am talking about yesterday: anyway when are you two waterfront schools going to win a head of the river? we've won 2 since either of you last won one......

S

Stickybeak

No one from Grammar - maybe the fullback.

SJC halfback has an excellent pass and the fullback has fantastic pace and elusiveness. The number 3 has a great work rate, good pace for a big bloke. Captain and no 8 over calls himself.

Joeys went to sleep in the 2nd half.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
For those who don't know: Hunters Hill is an actual hill.

The field where the Joeys 1st XV play is right on the top of it; so it's well drained. No wonder the Wallabies enjoyed training on it last week.

There is another place in Sydney called Rooty Hill. Can't say I enjoyed visiting there for parties in my young days as much I do going to Hunters Hill now. Didn't live up to it's name.

S

Stickybeak

For those who don't know: Hunters Hill is an actual hill.

The field where the Joeys 1st XV play is right on the top of it; so it's well drained. No wonder the Wallabies enjoyed training on it last week.

There is another place in Sydney called Rooty Hill. Can't say I enjoyed visiting there for parties in my young days as much I do going to Hunters Hill now. Didn't live up to it's name.

Bellevue Hill is an actual hill too............

B

brewskie

The iggys/scots game lived up to the hype with a great contest being shown on ground by both sides, agree with all the earlier posts on the game but would like to find more about riverviews no. 5&7......The 5 i haven't seen play before and put some fantastic hits on with a good work rate and as for the number 7 he is the smallest player in the team from the sideline but from watching him on saturday he reached every breakdown and made a decent run

O

ootyfay

the no.5 was sam robertson, he's been moved up and down between firsts and seconds due to injuries and the like. He was the one who destroyed deegan in the joeys view trial when vaux took the intercept

Status
Not open for further replies.