• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have looked over a number of the forum items discussing various teams prospects in each competition. Each is interested in the development of Rugby but little seems to change in the structures around these separated competitions. This forum speaks of two schools in difficulties therefore limiting the opportunities of the remainder to gain good competition. The various forums have similar comments such as in the ISA were Auggies and Oakhill dominate. The only across the board competition, which included some GPS entrants, was the Waratah shield. The final here was contested by an ISA team and a State High school.
All the various competitions perhaps need to look at putting aside their own positions, think laterally and get the best of each competition to play each other in a competition. Perhaps with promotion and religation type arrangements. No chance I would guess.

old fella

Stan Wickham (3)
re Grammar. Plainly, there needs to be a relegation GPS/CAS/ISA comp asap. Points for the following year determining it could be based on a 16A/2/ 1 points composite from the previous year. The concept of "tradition" being a brake on this has no basis.Tradition had all teams training 2 to 3 times a week and no sporting scholarships, whereas we now have GPS rugby schools acting as de-facto - rugby academies.Just get on with a relegation system without delay.

northman91

Frank Nicholson (4)
re Grammar. Plainly, there needs to be a relegation GPS/CAS/ISA comp asap. Points for the following year determining it could be based on a 16A/2/ 1 points composite from the previous year. The concept of "tradition" being a brake on this has no basis.Tradition had all teams training 2 to 3 times a week and no sporting scholarships, whereas we now have GPS rugby schools acting as de-facto - rugby academies.Just get on with a relegation system without delay.

We all need to look at the big picture. Parents don't send their kids to school so that they can attend "rugby academies". They send them to gain the best education possible and to experience the vast range of co-curricular activities on offer.

I don't see the "urgent" need to bring the GPS, CAS and ISA all together. It doesnt matter that Grammar have pulled out of the 1st XV at all. Their 1sts can play in the 2nds comp along with High. Most school would love an extra break for their 1st XV players anyway to recover from injuries and allow breaks for players with rep commitments.

Most GPS schools don't seem to mind that Grammar have pulled out. It seems that the CAS and ISA schools are looking at the chance to move up in to a better competition due to the lack of quality rugby schools in their own comp. I doubt the GPS will ever break up. Theres too much tradition and the old boys with the money in their wallets will never let it happen. I hope that Grammar and High can improve in their rugby and move backup again.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
It seems that the CAS and ISA schools are looking at the chance to move up in to a better competition due to the lack of quality rugby schools in their own comp.

that's a very strong statement - where do you get your information that CAS & ISA want to join GPS. You start with a great spiel that parents send their kids to private schools for the co-curricular opportunities and then fall into the same lazy trap as others with this piece of garbage.

I doubt the GPS will ever break up. Theres too much tradition and the old boys with the money in their wallets will never let it happen. I hope that Grammar and High can improve in their rugby and move backup again.

THIS on the other hand, is a gold plated truth!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have heard that the majority of the Kings undefeated 16As team have been selected in Kings end of year UK/Europe tour squad. Sounds like they might fill quite a few positions in next years first XV. Any other news about other schools end of years tours?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Inside Shoulder and other new posters.

Welcome to our forum but please read this from the Rules of the Schoolboy Forums sticky.

Any schools thread should not refer to scholarships. We started a separate thread for discussion on scholarships for the 2010 season because whatever rules you have people are often compelled to mention the subject; they can't help themselves. They often mention things obliquely as part of a general post. I've done it myself, not thinking of the consequences of ruining a thread.

When using the scholarships thread please obey the protocols in Scarfman's 2 stickies about Schoolboy rugby etiquette and Rules of the forum. Also please refrain from mixing discussion on scholarships with general matters in the same post.

This should isolate the scholarship virus to a single ward. The only other ways to stop the virus are to zap every single post that has whinges about scholarships in it, and rebuttals to such whinges - or to edit them, which steals our time.

Thank you.

Accordingly your posts about scholarships, and the responses to them have been moved.

Thank you.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I heard at the U16 Nationals during the week that Newington may have a new prop.....one of the very best young props in NSW. Anyone able to confirm this?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I heard at the U16 Nationals during the week that Newington may have a new prop.....one of the very best young props in NSW. Anyone able to confirm this?

I read in the U16 Nationals thread that he was going to "pop up" at Trinity when they go back to school.

I

International Badboy

is he a mate of Milnes hes probably going there just to be with his mate ...or the amazing academic possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.