• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys possible line up
1 Ben Carolan
2 James Goldie
3 Robertson
4 Sandell
5 Schwager
6 Penisi
7 Murphy
8 ?
9 Pat Curtain
10 Deegan
11 Wilde
12 Kay
13 Barclay
14 Cleary/Hookey
15 Hookey/Newsome

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joeys possible line up
1 Ben Carolan
2 James Goldie
3 Robertson
4 Sandell
5 Schwager
6 Penisi
7 Murphy
8 ?
9 Pat Curtain
10 Deegan
11 Wilde
12 Kay
13 Barclay
14 Cleary/Hookey
15 Hookey/Newsome

That's a pretty fair line up. Noticed you've got Sandell as a lock yet he was selected in GPS U16 and NSW Schools U16s as a prop although I understand he played most of his Joeys games this year as a lock. Where do you think he's better suited?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Lucas Bateman
2. Harry Randell
4. Stacey
6. Moylen
7. McCalman
9. Ferris
10. Wylie
12. Tulloch
13. Foketi
14. Tourish
15. Jones

RG if this is the Kings potential line up looking through this years rep teams Matt Matson (NSW U16) would probably go in at 5 and Sam Carter (Country U16) may be at 11? The backline looks really potent especially the Jones - Tulloch - Foketi combination. Rory Davis (NSW Schools U16) will make the selection of the 9 position interesting.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's a pretty fair line up. Noticed you've got Sandell as a lock yet he was selected in GPS U16 and NSW Schools U16s as a prop although I understand he played most of his Joeys games this year as a lock. Where do you think he's better suited?
It really depends, Sandell will be in the team either as the prop or lock, but it comes down to who plays better between the other front rowers and second rowers. I rate Carolan so i think Sandell will be playing second row next season.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Lucas Bateman
2. Harry Randell
4. Stacey
6. Moylen
7. McCalman
9. Ferris
10. Wylie
12. Tulloch
13. Foketi
14. Tourish
15. Jones

I also thought Randell was a a flanker? Pretty sure he played for NSW U16 in that position last year

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Vasilis was not Newington u16s this year and do not forget it.
I hear there is a half Newington are hoping to jag still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
CTPE: goldie > penisi.. so i dont see why playing goldie out of position to make way for somebody who isnt even as good as him is necessary? i guess its a matter of opinion, but goldie at flanker really made a difference for 1s

random2: yeah thats a possibility i suppose, he'll have to get bigger, but until then he'll be 2s or 3s.. and yes agreed on o'donahue

Goldie will play well anywhere, so i dont see why playing him at hooker and having Penisi in the side is a bad thing

D

Dingdong

1. carolan
2. ?
3. robertson
4. sandell
5. schwager
6. goldie
7. murphy
8. o'donahue
9. curtin
10. deegan
11. wilde
12. kay
13. barclay
14. cleary
15. hookey

That looks to be a very strong team. Have you left Nic Pennissi out because of his injury? I have heard the recovery from that sort of surgery takes 12 months. If he's fit, he'd have to be in the firsts. I would have Sandell playing up front as well. IMO him and Lucas Bateman ( Kings) are best 16 year old book ends in NSW.

D

Dingdong

Vasilis was not Newington u16s this year and do not forget it.
I hear there is a half Newington are hoping to jag still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That doesn't make sense. Brad Gill played Lussick at no 9 for NSW Schools ahead of Davis. He must rate Lussick at 9.

R

Richm8nd

No-one seems to have mentioned Jono Hardy as a possible selection into the Joeys 1s. He was a 16's player playing in the 2s as a lock and started the season in the firsts.

Status
Not open for further replies.