• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm even more interested now in seeing a potential New firsts line up with their new players...anyone able to give it a shot?

I

International Badboy

I dont think it's sarcastic: I'm serious

i don't know if your being serious or not but i will try to explain it like this for the year 2013. Kings: Jones, Davis, Carter and more...Newington: Moeroa, Abrams, Milne, Vassilas and more, thats just 2 schools

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Newington need to spend less time acquiring talent and more time trying to find a decent coach. In 2011 their team had it all over View in almost every position (bar maybe Wells and Vaux) but were totally out coached. Are they sticking with the same coaches?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Newington need to spend less time acquiring talent and more time trying to find a decent coach. In 2011 their team had it all over View in almost every position (bar maybe Wells and Vaux) but were totally out coached. Are they sticking with the same coaches?

How long has the current coach been in the job?

F

Finland Fella

Newington were thrown totally off kilter when their playmaker McDonald broke his hand a week before round 1.
Lussick a year ten half was pushed out to 10 and the whole balance of the side fell apart.
They lost to View in an openning round arm wrestle (1 try a piece) and were playing catch up from there.
Tad harsh to lay it all at the feet of Brad Gill and co ...

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
and seeing as he coached them to a premiership a year earlier i dont think his job is in danger..

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I happened to be sitting near him during a game...the premiership a year earlier might have been all due to the players given some of the odd comments I heard during a game in that very season

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I happened to be sitting near him during a game...the premiership a year earlier might have been all due to the players given some of the odd comments I heard during a game in that very season
Sounds like the poor bugger is on a hiding to nothing.
When they lose it's his fault , when they win it's all due to the players .

F

Finland Fella

Sounds like the poor bugger is on a hiding to nothing.
When they lose it's his fault , when they win it's all due to the players .

Mate. when it comes to Inside Shoulder, everything New' does is wrong.
The buggers have won 8 premierships since 1896, and 1 in the last 30 years ... they're hardly silvertailing the competition.

F

Finland Fella

[QUOTEI know how poor Newington's pedigree is in all sports.
[/QUOTE]

What the hell does that mean ?
New' are the gun basketball school.
They were the yardstick in rowing throughout the Michael Morgan years (ie 80S/90s).
The Soccer (football) program is on a par with anyone.
Oh yeah and their rugby has woken up in recent times and realized that to compete with the big boarding schools like View, Joey's, Kings etc you need to 'invite' a a number of athletically efficient pupils to study at your campus.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
No - not at all
They've become obsessed with something that doesn't matter
I mean m Morgan got told he kids weren't as keen as he was this year from what I hear
Play the hand youre dealt then wen the school wins it really means something for the whole school cos the team is of the school not a team brought in to win
Had a couple of years in the 1's myself (not New) but school results are only of passing interest to me now.
Those of us who moved on to bigger & better things , after school , can view schools Rugby in its relevant context.
But clearly there are a number of people in the school communities , & on this site , for whom the results of the First Fifteen are of particular importance & significance & which lead on to all sorts of implications
& interpretations for them of superiority , regarding such things as , but not exclusive to , social class , breeding , masculinity , religion , education , general awareness , etc etc etc.
When it comes to playing the hand you've been dealt , anyone who has spent a few seedy nights down at Forbes St , will know that the luck of the cards will even out over a period of time , but when the cards
continually favor the same player , you start to wonder what's going on , & if you want to stay in the game you change the dealer & get a new pack of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.