• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
ahh I was waiting for someone to post this on the Forum thanks Wolf for warning me about this message. I am prepared. (should be on scholarships forum, ill post it up as well there).

GPSrow's post is now in the scholarship thread here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/school-sporting-scholarships.5780/page-100

Folks who want to write about scholarships should write on the matter in the scholarships thread.

People who want to read about it should give it a visit - there's some good stuff there.

Allowing such stuff in another thread, especially this one, can lead to flame-outs which we had 2-3 years ago and it ruins threads for the sake of a few people who relish an audience on the matter or want to respond to such.

The Queensland GPS thread is also getting testy now.

Cheers

Lee Grant

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There is a young rugby talent at the kings school dwelling in the 4th and 5th XV this year by the name of Hugh Cochrane. He is a juicy talent and prodigy of the kings school for next year. From watching his utter dominance in those grades this year I believe he will be a force to be reckoned with in the GPS next year a possible shoe in for gps 1s next year. CTPE could you shed any light on this talent?
You seem to know all there is anyway. I would suggest trolling like this / talking up your mates etc.... is poor form, and I would strongly suggest making more of a useful contribution.

mushroom cup 150cc

Frank Row (1)
after shores disappointing result against Riverview on the weekend, shore have increased their training amount and intensity, now we are well and truly into the GPS season, i wouldnt be suprised if the underdogs come out on top this weekend against Newington.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
after shores disappointing result against Riverview on the weekend, shore have increased their training amount and intensity, now we are well and truly into the GPS season, i wouldnt be suprised if the underdogs come out on top this weekend against Newington.
Given Riverview left 15-20 points on the able against Shore last week with last passes not going to hand, no amount of training in one week will tip the scales in Shores favour. I would think that Newington may have been putting in some extra work, or at least gone from cruise mode to ramp it up mode. While most unbiased observers would admit that Newingtons dominance over most sides this year has come from sheer mismatches in size and power rather than a strong game plan, or great all round skill, the only way Shore will beat Newington is if Newington Get lost on thevway to Northbrudge. No offence to Shore but, they haven't shown the game this year to topple Newington. Also I would like to add, that against Riverview the less heralded Clancy being Nick (15) had a great game. He had a lot of defensive work to do and was every where. He doesn't get as much press as Jack, but he really played well. Well done....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have just seen a Kellway try from last week posted on face book.
The New 13 - I dont know which is which - seemed very tardy getting up in defence on Scots own line and the Scots backs were able to get out to nearly half way before he rounded up his man by which time it was too late.
Is he carrying some injury? Seemed unlike him on past performances witnessed by me.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Please explain;
This Saturday in 3rds Grammar play Scots @ Weigall, and yet Joey's play Scots @ Hunters Hill. Does that mean that there is only one game at Weigall, who else plays??

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Please explain;
This Saturday in 3rds Grammar play Scots @ Weigall, and yet Joey's play Scots @ Hunters Hill. Does that mean that there is only one game at Weigall, who else plays??

Grammar plays Scots this week at home Grammar 1st and 2nds as well as 16 A & B 15A & B 14 A & B 13A & B play Scots C and E teams. he rest of Scots team play at Joeys

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks,
but then who fills the gaps at Hunters Hill?
The Joeys teams would pick up unmatched fixtures against a variety of other schools. This would have happened anyway as Joeys would have more teams than Scots. Now there will just be more unmatched fixtures. The price of a 2 round 6 team competition.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Given Riverview left 15-20 points on the able against Shore last week with last passes not going to hand, no amount of training in one week will tip the scales in Shores favour. I would think that Newington may have been putting in some extra work, or at least gone from cruise mode to ramp it up mode. While most unbiased observers would admit that Newingtons dominance over most sides this year has come from sheer mismatches in size and power rather than a strong game plan, or great all round skill, the only way Shore will beat Newington is if Newington Get lost on thevway to Northbrudge. No offence to Shore but, they haven't shown the game this year to topple Newington. Also I would like to add, that against Riverview the less heralded Clancy being Nick (15) had a great game. He had a lot of defensive work to do and was every where. He doesn't get as much press as Jack, but he really played well. Well done..
With Newington coming off a loss and Shore not travelling well at all, this game could well see a blow out scoreline. I hope not, but I fear that the scoreboard attendant at Northbridge could be in for a busy afternoon - on one side of the scoreboard anyway.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Thursday night gents time to put up some points predictions, here goes mine;

View V TKS : View by 15 could be an exciting contest.......

NEW V Shore : NEW by 8 I think Shore will rear up at home pitching for the biggest upset in recent GPS history, NEW will be too strong but might not win by as many as they should (NEW could also win by 50+ i would never put money on this!!!)

Scots V Joeys : Scots by lots its been 3 or 4 years since Joeys has beaten Scots and this year they will face the best team in recent memory Scots by 25+.... 16a's will be the close game .............

Have not seen any Grammar / High games to predict ..... I wish them both the best .....

Back to the ashes .............

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
King's to get over Riverview and the score may surprise.
Going to Joeys is always a tough task but this is a very, very good Scots team- Scots by 14+
A pretty fired up Newington to steamroll Shore.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Newington comfortably against Shore

Joeys at home in a close one - maybe Scots played a grand final last week (in their minds) and will be brought back to earth

Riverview over Kings by less than 10 - Kings coming off a win, but against the winless Shore

High over Newington 3s

Grammar over Scots 3s

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Joeys not beaten Scots in 4 years, this Scots side is special, they will kick on big time only threat to them is return game against New........ View and Kings will be a cracker - match of the round.......

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Anybody going to Kings v View who wants to volunteer to do a match report?

Also if anybody can do a few pics for that match or Shore v New, please give me a hoy.

Thanks
LG

Status
Not open for further replies.