• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
I noticed in your preview of the 3rd XV Comp that for grammar you mentioned a "dynamic centre field pairing", I'm assuming one of the half is none other than Alec Sheldon, but may I ask who the mysterious other member of this pair is? Or his position if you don't have a name?

Assuming that William Mallett continues to play at 10, as he did against High, the 10-12 combination of Mallett and Sheldon will be hard to match.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ok, back to tipping (and some reality by the look of some very hopeful tipping - don't get me wrong, would love to see it but Shore over Scots????)

Joeys/View in a draw, Scots, New.

Don't miss the 3rds, Joeys v Grammar, maybe a trial but may as well be game 1 of the 3rd XV comp too. Cracker!!

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gary Owen III

Riverview will prevail over Joeys.

Newington to top Kings in a close one

Shore to beat Scots at Northbridge
GO III tips may take into account some history to the age group. Besides Newington the rest of the sides have had the fair share of losses to each other over the years. Scots may have had more than their share of losses than wins. Joeys in this age group at "A" level have been thereabouts but up to 16As had at least 4 players who have now left school and they were pretty handy players, last years 1sts half the pick of them. I think the season may hinge on who has snagged more wins away from home and that is why I agree that Shore and New can start slight favourites this round. If Riverview can win the derby it will be a tremendous boost of confidence for their season. I think they are a slightly stronger team but Joey's have rights to a small home advantage and with the confidence of their dominate trial wins. Kings need to turn around last weeks effort to be any chance and with Newington preferred #10 out for a few more weeks, a window of opportunity may have presented itself. Growing hype about Shores backs and think they will determine the outcome at Northbridge.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Gary Owen III

Riverview will prevail over Joeys.

Newington to top Kings in a close one

Shore to beat Scots at Northbridge
GO III tips may take into account some history to the age group. Besides Newington the rest of the sides have had the fair share of losses to each other over the years. Scots may have had more than their share of losses than wins. Joeys in this age group at "A" level have been thereabouts but up to 16As had at least 4 players who have now left school and they were pretty handy players, last years 1sts half the pick of them. I think the season may hinge on who has snagged more wins away from home and that is why I agree that Shore and New can start slight favourites this round. If Riverview can win the derby it will be a tremendous boost of confidence for their season. I think they are a slightly stronger team but Joey's have rights to a small home advantage and with the confidence of their dominate trial wins. Kings need to turn around last weeks effort to be any chance and with Newington preferred #10 out for a few more weeks, a window of opportunity may have presented itself. Growing hype about Shores backs and think they will determine the outcome at Northbridge.

I have no doubt that shore have quality across the park, especially in the back line and could easily see them win.

For Scots I think the x-factor is Brian Smith. Expect the unexpected. He wasn't around when the current crop where playing 16as

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tips so far seem to be:
J,K,S,I,K,E - Gilly
J,N,S,J,K,E - Brian Westlake
I,N,E,J,K,E - Gary Owen III
I,N,E,J,K,E - Loiterer
JI,N,S,?,?,? - Johnny Come Lately
J,K,E,?,?,? - The Joker
I,K,E,J,N,E - Byron Williamson (previously tipped I,K,S,J,K,S)
J,N,S,J,N,E - Quick Hands
J,N,S,J,K,S - Rugby Mum 2
I,N,E,J,N,S - Theman123
J,N,S,J,N,E - Hugh Jarse
J,K,S,J,K,E - Azzuri
J,N,S,J,N,S - Wristman
I,K,S,J,K,S - Rich_E
I,K,E,J,N,S - gps_pilfs
I,K,S,J,K,E - Tahspeak
I,K,S,J,K,E - Boooind

The numbers so far are:
1st XV
J (8), Draw (1), I (8)
K (8), N (9)
S (11), E (6)

2nd XV
J (14), I (1), TBA (2)
K (9), N (6), TBA (2)
S (5), E (10), TBA (2)

Edit: Updated to post #855 as per below corrections/additions.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Tips so far seem to be:
J,K,S,I,J,E - Gilly (J to win the KvN game ?)
I,N,E,J,K,E - Loiterer
J,K,E,?,?,? - The Joker
J,N,S,?,?,? - Rugby Mum 2
I,N,E,?,?,? - Theman123
J,N,S,J,N,E - Hugh Jarse
J,K,S,J,K,E - Azzuri
J,N,S,J,N,S - Wristman
I,K,S,J,K,S - Rich_E

The numbers so far are:
1st XV
J (8), Draw (1), I (5)
K (5), N (9)
S (9), E (5)

2nd XV
J (9), I (1), TBA (4)
K (5), N (4), TBA (5)
S (2), E (8), TBA (4)

Tip rd1 1st XV & 2nd XV
1st XV
I
N
E
2nd XV
J
N
S

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips so far seem to be:
J,K,S,I,J,E - Gilly (J to win the KvN game ?)
I,N,E,J,K,E - Loiterer
J,K,E,?,?,? - The Joker
J,N,S,?,?,? - Rugby Mum 2
I,N,E,?,?,? - Theman123
J,N,S,J,N,E - Hugh Jarse
J,K,S,J,K,E - Azzuri
J,N,S,J,N,S - Wristman
I,K,S,J,K,S - Rich_E

The numbers so far are:
1st XV
J (8), Draw (1), I (5)
K (5), N (9)
S (9), E (5)

2nd XV
J (9), I (1), TBA (4)
K (5), N (4), TBA (5)
S (2), E (8), TBA (4)

Fixed K please.... good luck to all teams

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We are still looking for writers for 2016. Whilst Round 1 is catered for we still need writers especially for back ups - particularly for away games when the home writers are late withdrawals.

Although we have a writer for Newington now he will need a helper for home games.

Please send me a convo if you can help out for a game or two for any school during the season - or mention it here and I will send you some guidelines.

Thank you,

Lee Grant
Green and Gold Rugby

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Can someone please tell me how I find out who the 15a and 16a gps rugby champions were over the last 3 years. Or does someone know? Thanks

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Bit hazy, check with a Sportsmaster!

2012 - 15As - Joeys
2013- 16As - joint between Scots, Joeys (it may even have been with Kings as not the 10 round comp)
2015 - 16As - Joeys

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Can someone please tell me how I find out who the 15a and 16a gps rugby champions were over the last 3 years. Or does someone know? Thanks

There aren't any. The only competitions that the AAGPS conducts in rugby are 1sts, 2nds and 3rds. Nothing else is recorded - except in the minds of parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.