• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
when did it become my responsibility?
Didn't say it was - but you're quite happy to say we shouldn't go on about it. If it was only a game at least most people would expect a school to prepare for it properly - not an unreasonable request surely. You might find it strange but there are some talented kids (from both sides) who expect better and do take it seriously. This was confirmed to me by dads on the other side. Some of theses players are playing for NSW for God's sake and deserve better. Obviously you didn't know there weren't any linesmen. Maybe things will change for the better in future for those coming through - no wonder there was angst at the game from both sides - no support for the ref at best. Nothing said nothing changes. I think you'll find it's not the last we've heard of it either at a higher level so thank you both for keeping the fire burning.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
QH and IS, I am disappointed in your posts

HTR is well within rights to vent frustration , that is what a forum is for; to discuss and debate.

QH, HTR posted on the match 24 hours after the match what's wrong with that? There was universal bemusement on match day about the the field from New and Joeys players and supporters alike. Isnt that worthy of posting?

IS I actually think HTR was complimentary to the New players in his post. So I find your response "it is just a game" disappointingly childish from someone with 7020 likes

Lets hope Newington make changes for next year in how they manage U16s. Both field allocations, Match officials, allocating Assistant referees and ground set up.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
QH and IS, I am disappointed in your posts

HTR is well within rights to vent frustration , that is what a forum is for; to discuss and debate.

QH, HTR posted on the match 24 hours after the match what's wrong with that? There was universal bemusement on match day about the the field from New and Joeys players and supporters alike. Isnt that worthy of posting?

IS I actually think HTR was complimentary to the New players in his post. So I find your response "it is just a game" disappointingly childish from someone with 7020 likes

Lets hope Newington make changes for next year in how they manage U16s. Both field allocations, Match officials, allocating Assistant referees and ground set up.

No one questioned his right to express his views.
What I question is the ultimate significance of a missing touch judge here or a metre short in goal or whatever. This is not test match rugby (although Matt Williams coaching Scotland once saw fit to narrow the pitch at Murrayfield to its narrowest permissible width): this is a lot of has beens or never were's bitching about shit that will be forgotten within a month (just as it ever was and should be) as complaints emerge about the size of the cricket fields on old boys.
FFS.
The object is to give them a game not provide them with the best facilities available on earth.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am flabbergasted! How dare Michael Phelps swim the 4 x 100m relay when this game was on. Was there a brass band to play the national anthem pre game? Any half time entertainment ? Was there a meat raffle. My god there were boys who play State playing in the game.

The school runs the game and not bound by any rules so get over it - those 30 players are entitled to a game - tell them to HTFU stop being prissy school boys players and get over it and play the CONDITIONS --- adapt!

AS for the parents views WGAF.

BTW Were there any post match ice baths?

PS How could IS have 7020 likes ... no one must really know him.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
I am flabbergasted! How dare Michael Phelps swim the 4 x 100m relay when this game was on. Was there a brass band to play the national anthem pre game? Any half time entertainment ? Was there a meat raffle. My god there were boys who play State playing in the game.

The school runs the game and not bound by any rules so get over it - those 30 players are entitled to a game - tell them to HTFU stop being prissy school boys players and get over it and play the CONDITIONS --- adapt!

AS for the parents views WGAF.

BTW Were there any post match ice baths?

PS How could IS have 7020 likes . no one must really know him.

If you think these kids are prissy boys then I don't think you saw much rugby on Saturday or throughout the season. There are some tough kids don't worry about that. I've seen some of them play league, union in the bush in droughts and in regional and outback towns with little grass, small rocks and stones in places so don't think players are soft just because they want to compete in better than average conditions when there's no sensible excuse for them not to be. The difference is that these places actually do their best when hosting - I do not believe this happened on Saturday.

Parents' and players' views - who cares about the stakeholders. Really? I would have thought getting feedback from those who send their kids to school whether they pay fees or not & the kids themselves would be a good thing?

You are right there are no rules for the schools so who cares. No wonder there was a lack of officials, a bigger field when it was available, lack of crowd control etc. It was a rabble. What a great thing if nobody cares - but hey, if other schools actually do care when hosting a game, that's great for those that don't.

If a school wants to be part of it then there should be some minimum standards for all schools including Joeys. If there's a stuff up, admit it & fix it.

If nothing else it's just common courtesy.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What you confirm is that it isn't the kids who are carrying on but a selection of parents - some perhaps living vicariously through their children. We're now up to Wednesday after the game and you guys are still whinging.

You may or may not be new to the threads, but had you been around for a few years you might recognise events. Almost every year a group of 16As parents fire up about a field allocation somewhere. It's not always Newington, one year Riverview had the 16As on field 4, another year Scots had them over at Moore Park.

You mistake "not caring" for "not caring about things which don't really matter"

And by the way - each team has the responsibility for providing a touch judge, not just the home team.

Sound like it was a great game of rugby, but we've barely had a sentence from you alleged lovers of rugby - all we've had is a whinge-a-thon.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
What you confirm is that it isn't the kids who are carrying on but a selection of parents - some perhaps living vicariously through their children. We're now up to Wednesday after the game and you guys are still whinging.

You may or may not be new to the threads, but had you been around for a few years you might recognise events. Almost every year a group of 16As parents fire up about a field allocation somewhere. It's not always Newington, one year Riverview had the 16As on field 4, another year Scots had them over at Moore Park.

You mistake "not caring" for "not caring about things which don't really matter"

And by the way - each team has the responsibility for providing a touch judge, not just the home team.

Sound like it was a great game of rugby, but we've barely had a sentence from you alleged lovers of rugby - all we've had is a whinge-a-thon.
It's Wednesday and we're still discussing it because it's a forum & responses are still in play such as yours.

I love the old fall back that if somebody thinks something's not right "they are living their lives through their kids". At least be original.

Since when because it's happened before over the years makes things necessarily ok? That doesn't create change. I doubt they had their 14Bs on the main ovals instead.

As for the touch judge fiasco at a 16As game as hosts whatever you do stand back & wait for somebody else. Whoever runs rugby at the school should get their act together. Didn't happen at any other game we played this year & for such a keenly contested game between 2 of the stronger sides it was a pity.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
OK Gents, this isn't going anywhere. One of the best things about the day, both teams happily stayed around chatting with each other discussing the season just passed, rep matches ahead and plans for the summer. Lets move on.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Here's the NSW u16s Schools Team. Congratulations to all of the boys selected.

CAS with 6, close to the 7 I predicted, GPS with 9 (v 10 predicted) and ISA with 9, blowing my prediction of 3 - 4 out of the water. The only other association represented is CHS with 1. Given CHS beat ISA on the day and only lost to eventual winners Pres A, they are entitled to feel hardly done by IMO. [repeated from CAS thread]

nsw-u16s-2016-png.8196

CTP can u confirm that Will Mclennan is injured and won't be playing for NSW
U16s.

Props rule

Frank Nicholson (4)
In response to the 2017 Presidents A ?, the 3 GPS boys in the NSW under 15 team are Nick Jones (Joeys), Nick Chan (Joeys) and Lachlan Albert (Riverview)

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The U16 Invitational is scheduled for the weekend of 24th and 25th September at T G Milner field Eastwood.

Does anyone have a schedule for the games and kick off times?

Does anyone have team lists for NSW U15s, NSW U16 Schools, NSW U16 Country or Sydney U16s?

Status
Not open for further replies.