• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Not sure if that's correct, but it would be in the same ballpark - there are something like 400,000 league players compared to 80,000 union players (and 600,000 AFL players) in the whole of Australia. If union were the primary sport of those players then not only would current union rep/district sides be outdone completely, but the Wallabies would be far better.

I can CCC having a lot of brilliant individuals though, so I would believe you if you said that there were players that deserved a spot. The only problem CCC might face is that GPS schools, or CAS schools may give them scholarships and lure them away from their current schools.

As said if union was the primary rugby sport in Qz, the ABs would not be able to compete - every trophy would be ours.:)

Bill McLean (32)
... ... ... by U18s they are full blown leaguies. You just need to look at the difference between how CCC U16s sides go against the other associations (extremely competitive) then compare how the CCC U18s go (not so competitive)

Whatever, IMO i think it is more a case of those 'dual codies' who are actually talented rugby players at the U/16 level are enticed to stay with league and never return!

A recent example for me was a lad called Michael Morgan who was the only CCC rep who made the U/16 NSWSRU team last year. He didnt return this year and is presently with the Bulldogs!

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Whatever, IMO i think it is more a case of those 'dual codies' who are actually talented rugby players at the U/16 level are enticed to stay with league and never return!

A recent example for me was a lad called Michael Morgan who was the only CCC rep who made the U/16 NSWSRU team last year. He didnt return this year and is presently with the Bulldogs!

Agreed, Michael was selected in the CCC Open league side this year - he's gone.

Bill McLean (32)
I'll tell you this much, they were deleted by the poster when he released that he had made a mistake by posting it. The mistake he realised was that the facts and questions he questioned were actually true or at least valid, and the other things he was saying were sorted out in private... ... ... ... ... ...

Now I am quite upset with you DD! Yes we sorted out our differences in private, and then you asked me if i could take down my post; in good faith I did so, but never did I acknowledge to you that I had made a mistake!

Your conduct is quite audacious! TBH I did not bother to test the veracity of your statements as I was indifferent to the same! I just tried to offer you some friendly advice to get along with others in this forum; advice which I thought you had taken on board (and hence the removal of my post).

Trust me when I say I won't be burnt by you again! And please don't contact me privately again, I want nothing to do with you!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Under 16 SJRU Zone regional selection weekend is on today/tomorrow.

Most kids Northern Zone and Barbarians team are from NSW Schools Comp teams GPS1, about 1/3 CAS Squad, and 1/3 ISA squad. A fair few of the West Zone and some of South Zone team were also on display last weekend at Knox.

Seems that SJRU and NSW Schools will be competing to select the same kids to make up their teams for National U16.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Under 16 SJRU Zone regional selection weekend is on today/tomorrow.

Seems that SJRU and NSW Schools will be competing to select the same kids to make up their teams for National U16.

Match reports please - those that have made the trek to Blacktown.

WRT to selection conflicts; there has been a truce / agreement in previous years of a selection "pecking order" that has ensured a fair share when it comes to boys who are eligible via other than a single pathway. This is again in effect for 2012. This ensures through intelligent compromise (not surrender or capitulation) that the biggest number of GENUINE aspirants get seen at each level. Recall please that it is still about pathway / opportunity / talent ID at this level.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Or scull in after game drinks at the local watering hole (to young for that young lad).

Doonsley, when the NSW U16s Schools squad is announced in a week or so; you will note my negative comments regarding the non-selection of CCC players. I will then get told to stop whinging as all the non-CCC players were clearly better selections - I will argue against that and get hammered by all the pro-GPSers - but that's life. I will have my say and everyone else will have theirs.
Dont expect any CCC to get through, as IMO these trials are farcical- One kid not named in any team 16 s or 18's or played any trial, has been told he is in the schools Under 16 side. Sounds like a few surprises installed when team announced.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Hey mum - the games this weekend at blacktown have nothing to do with Schools (save for my observation re the talent sharing protocol). MOTH

S

Sydneybra

Any results from today?
U15's regional's
Northern Zone vs Southern Zone 15-12
Northern Zone vs WA ?-? Northern Zone won
Western Zone vs WA ?-? Western Zone won
Western Zone vs Southern Zone 21-14

Northern Zone vs Southern Zone very tight match Northern Zone got up in the last minute with a try but the ref was apparently biased and the coaches of SZ have put forward an official complant

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I realise it is for picking city - but there will be overlaps from City and schools will there not?

Yes there will be - see my post this strand (#266) - whilst NSWJRU (& it's member unions SJRU & CJRU) are fiercely independent of NSWSRU, all 4 have to be realistic about sharing talent. Finally all are ultimately affiliated to the ARU; if the ARU says having an effective way to resolve talent turf wars would be a good idea, guess what, solve it or risk losing opportunities (like nationals). Cheers MOTH

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Dont expect any CCC to get through, as IMO these trials are farcical- One kid not named in any team 16 s or 18's or played any trial, has been told he is in the schools Under 16 side. Sounds like a few surprises installed when team announced.

Could you provide more details on the NSW U16s thread (without mentioning any names) and how this could occur.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
U15's regional's
Northern Zone vs Southern Zone 15-12
Northern Zone vs WA ?-? Northern Zone won
Western Zone vs WA ?-? Western Zone won
Western Zone vs Southern Zone 21-14

Northern Zone vs Southern Zone very tight match Northern Zone got up in the last minute with a try but the ref was apparently biased and the coaches of SZ have put forward an official complant

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Referees are not biased
Having Rand wick players no longer exempts a team from being penalised
I think the lustre of th80s has rubbed off
Northern31-24WA
Game interrupted by scrum/neck injury scare to northern player
Player reported to be in ok state will walk out of hospital but will be followed up
Referees need to listen to front row packing concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.