• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
During a game a front rower should be able to approach a referee with packing concerns like opponent driving down or not binding

It was reported to me that the referees response during this game was "let me referee"

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Ok if refs do attend to th concerns if legitimate

Sydneybra 12is a bigger number than 11 (just checking the program) may also help when considering penalty counts

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
During a game a front rower should be able to approach a referee with packing concerns like opponent driving down or not binding

It was reported to me that the referees response during this game was "let me referee"

Thanks. Not ideal - do you know which game it was?

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Just Back from Granthem Reserve, we left after the 15s presentation and naming of the Sydney teams, sorry could write quick enough to get names and zone/club numbers though I think th breakdown is 13 MNZ players 5 each to MWZ and MSZ

A very tough call for many just out of the 23 whichever club/district/zone they are from, though all were reminded of the increased oportunities next year in the 16s. It as noted that there were several names re-ocuring from last weeks 16s schools association programs, including the work horse flankers from CHS that covered for the slightly mungo like pack, Some presidents XV 1 and 2s Backs and an ISA front rower.

School association 16s for these lads must be rated as a bit tougher than the Metropolitan zones 15s. If any of these competitors missed out this year it could not hve been by much and must be at the forefront in selectors minds for next year( I hope"someone to watch" notes are passed on)

I dont know how weighted todays 'final' was in the selection process, though one game in the serries over the state cup weekend and this zone championship weekend dosen't seem to have swayed to many earlier decisions.Though it was fitting for a final
MNZ controlled the teritory and possesion for the 1st 15min and could only come up with 3 points I think the lead swapped around 6 timesfrom this point to the final whistle. the game was settled on a full time MWZ penalty kick at goal, missed from 40+ metres that must heve crossed the post as the resultant grounding of the ball brought a silence of dissapointment and courtious relief.:(:confused: It was an entertaining three try each scrap won By MNZ 20/ 19

It was pleasent to note that the spectators participation. The MWZ spectators, I feel placed a lot more store in this game. Their charges from Parramatta and Eastwood have had reason to believe they are equal to the Gordon and Warringah teams with little reward to demonstrate this. Their participation reflected this in noise levels and support from both sides was mostly related to the play quality of the game and did not include significant amounts of uninformed refereeing from 50+ meters away that becomes grating and irrelevent.

S

scrum

Match Reports For U/16s-Names per Programme

Barbarians v Southern Zone

Southern Zone looked very disappointing in both games that i watched them play today with lack of direction of their forwards from their No. 9 Cruz Leach and No. 10 left the forwards with no other option but a hit up off No. 9 1-2m away from the ruck, this proved very in effective with the Barbarians No.5 Paddy Olver and No. 7 Conor Menzies bashing the Southern Zone forwards each side of the ruck every time they hit the 'A' and 'B' channel.

Southern Zones only effective ball runner was No.8 Tobias Rudolf who had some strong runs off the back off the scrum and wider off the No.9.

The Barbarians forward pack over powered Southern Zones at both scrum and line out with Even Pritchard dominating the opposing scrum every engagement and keeping great shape while he did, Paddy Olver and Henry Wrench where the key to the line out that dominated Southern Zones.

Not only was Even Pritchard dominating at set piece, he also had a very strong ball carry throughout the game linking up with his support players after repeated 15-20m runs sometimes loose forwards and outside backs. After the performance that Even put in over the weekend i believe the Sydney U/16s coaching staff of Joel Rivers, Guy Millar and Stu Dunbar and NSW Schools Coaching Staff of Brad Gill and Luke Bower will find it hard not to pick this young fella. I see this bloke going places in the future.

The Southern Zone backs did play some good patches of rugby with utilising there No.15 Jack Conen's straight running game and proved havoc for some of the outside backs for the barbarians. Jack slows down when in contact if this boy can find some leg drive in those pins of his he will be unstoppable.

I was stunned to see that only one person south of the harbour was picked in the barbarians team and i was later to find out that southern zone had struggled with numbers.

Althought Southern Zone came up with the win 26-24 (interesting touch judge decision on the last conversion) the Barbarians where a far better team.

S

scrum

Match Report for U/16s-Names as per programme

WESTERN ZONE v NORTHERN ZONE

The final game of the weekend started with Northern Zone kicking off the Western Zone and after Western zone slowly building phase for a good couple of minutes keeping the ball in tight with either pick and drives or hit ups off No.9 through their big boppas No.1 Jordan Loto'aniu and Tierney Glasson before a turn over at ruck aloud the Northern Zone backs to have a run with ball in hand. This was short lived when Western Zones No.15 Justin Maloney rushed out of the line and snatched a stray pass between 10 and 12 he continued to run 80m to score the five pointer nearly to be caught by Norths speedster No.11 Will Connelly five minutes in.

Norths kicked off to Wests who held the ball just building phases not making to much ground before a turnover granted the Norths backs to link up with their No.2 Sam Cater sea gulling out on the sting to go over in the bottom right hand corner taking the score to 7-5 with the conversion missed.

Norths defence around the edge of the ruck wa superb with wests half back unable to penetrate and when he sent the big fellas throughout they cut down by the likes of No.4 James Lough and No.7 Ben Jeavons-Fellows those two boys are definitely in with a chance with either the Sydney team or NSW Schools.

No. 1 for Norths Alsea Tukipli looked like a weapon with ball in hand and was hard to stop once the young fellow got moving but a major weakness to his game was his set piece, taking the lazy option and standing up or loosing his footing, i guess this wasn't helped by the fact that he was packing at loose head in a set of blades on a soft track, but after saying that if he works on his slight imperfection he will become a great player in the coming years.

Three quarters of the way through the first half the norths winger make a 25m break down the sideline (timekeeping side) to be cleaned up about 22m out from his try with a superb cover tackle from No.22 Jacob Bamford from the Dural Rugby Club.

Late in the first half sore wests with the 'fruit' building phases heading away from their try line with the ball carrier not producing a long place allowing for turn over to norths and with a overlap hands was only required for norths to score in the corner. Conversion Missed

Norths ending the 1st Stanza up 10-7

First 3-5 minutes of the second half wests dominated possession with crossing the advantage line in most hit ups, to come up empty handed because of poor ball security. Norths where patient and what looked like capitalised on the turnover with simple hand and a break down the side line was sure to see a Norths player go the whole way but was butchered by the Norths hooker.

Norths where a very well drilled and conditioned team that had well planned and calculated set plays that enabled there wingers to get ball in hand or pick up a sneaky off load from their No.13 Bill Freeman from Riverview. The combination of nine and ten was hands down the best from all the four teams. Credit to the coaching staff directed by Craig Atwill on how he has bought the boys together and moulded his team in a short period of time.

Wests standout player for the tournament would have to be No.5 Teiti Laupola with his high work rate around the field, strong ball carries and the ability to be competitive at second row and No.6.

Three Quarters into the second stanza wests put No.14 Niko Fiapuleniko into the corner off a set play to take the score to 12-10 to Wests.

Norths Centre Tom Molloy broke Wests defensive line to score after the hooter to take the score to 15-12, conversion missed. Northern Zone taking the win 15-12.

Russell Fairfax

V

Vinez2325

Think I should mention that Justin Maloney was not playing at all throughout the whole weekend due to injury though he was there to support the boys. I'm not sure the young man that took that intercept was the speedster #13 Lachlan Burland.

S

scrum

Think I should mention that Justin Maloney was not playing at all throughout the whole weekend due to injury though he was there to support the boys. I'm not sure the young man that took that intercept was the speedster #13 Lachlan Burland.

No worries I'm just going by whats in the program there is probably changes

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
I am not following you???
It was pedentry Gordon make up less than 50% of the Northern team (after checking the program) and therefore not "most"

the point was this is a team doonsley would feel is picked on posibly to the same extent you feel the Galumphing greens have been "picked on" these teams played each other in neutral territory so reffery affiliations are less likely to have a significant impact

I see you are bleeting about unfairness again on the NSW u15 thread and have had to have things explained by others there as well

there would not be a club thant does not have suporters like the complainent from souths or Doonsley and every polititian believes their ideas are sensible and are "middle of the Road"

both are tiresome

S

Sydneybra

It was pedentry Gordon make up less than 50% of the Northern team (after checking the program) and therefore not "most"

the point was this is a team doonsley would feel is picked on posibly to the same extent you feel the Galumphing greens have been "picked on" these teams played each other in neutral territory so reffery affiliations are less likely to have a significant impact

I see you are bleeting about unfairness again on the NSW u15 thread and have had to have things explained by others there as well

there would not be a club thant does not have suporters like the complainent from souths or Doonsley and every polititian believes their ideas are sensible and are "middle of the Road"

both are tiresome

I didnt mean he was biased due to where we came from or anything but he was biased!!! He could have just had a shocker of a game though

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are kids who make NSW Schools as opposed to SJRU for the National U16's eligible to represent SJRU for City v Country, or is it only the kids who are regularly playing in SJRU competitions that are eligible for the SJRU City team?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Schools and SJRU Sydney teams are picked, with a bit of bartering on who gets who. Sydney( Village) are the boys who play country. The boys who are eligible to play in both team have no say in which team they play in

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know that they have no say in what team they are selected for at National Champs.

The City v Country game is a NSWJRU sanctioned event. SJRU and NSWCJRU are the only associated entities in the NSWJRU.

Through no choice of their own, Player X is selected for Schools Team at Nationals U16, and not SJRU. After Nationals is done and dusted, is Player X then eligible to be reselected for a revised SJRU squad in the City v Country game?

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
I know that they have no say in what team they are selected for at National Champs.

The City v Country game is a NSWJRU sanctioned event. SJRU and NSWCJRU are the only associated entities in the NSWJRU.

Through no choice of their own, Player X is selected for Schools Team at Nationals U16, and not SJRU. After Nationals is done and dusted, is Player X then eligible to be reselected for a revised SJRU squad in the City v Country game?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.