• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Beautiful weather down at Drummoyne for the U15s the last two days.
Great venue too.

Semis tomorrow will be Norths, Randwick, Gordon and Hunter. In that order as a ranking.

Norths monstered poor Illawarra 83-0 in 45 minutes in the play-off. Illawarra a bit battered and bruised I am sure.
Very impressive as Norths lost a key player who decided to move on from club rugby.

I'm tipping North v Randwick final (same as last year) with Norths taking it home and deservedly. Randwick will put up a good fight.

Good luck to all the U15 teams in the semis tomorrow.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
The
Only in one persons mind. Watched them today. Very average. Like all the teams they've lost a few key players, Backs had no penetration and the fwds were dominated by the ACT pack. We are sure to get the full explanation from our mate;)
... Eastwood forwards dominated by ACT??? Seriously .....the game was lost by Eastwood not won by ACT....dropped ball, decision making and some unique refereeing interpretations were the difference..... ACT scored 2-0 tries to zero with both tries coming in the first half... ACT capitalised on silly Eastwood mistakes and refereeing decisions...if Eastwood was "very average" then ACT was not much better... Hey but don't let truth get in the way of a good story!!!

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The
. Eastwood forwards dominated by ACT??? Seriously ...the game was lost by Eastwood not won by ACT..dropped ball, decision making and some unique refereeing interpretations were the difference... ACT scored 2-0 tries to zero with both tries coming in the first half. ACT capitalised on silly Eastwood mistakes and refereeing decisions.if Eastwood was "very average" then ACT was not much better. Hey but don't let truth get in the way of a good story!!!

Sorry Azzuri didn't mean to offend. I never said ACT werent average. > it was a response to BSF query about Eastwood being favorites.
I must add the top oval you played on is not up to standard for a 16s JSC game

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
N
Sorry Azzuri didn't mean to offend. I never said ACT werent average. > it was a response to BSF query about Eastwood being favorites.
I must add the top oval you played on is not up to standard for a 16s JSC game
no probs... Sadly Eastwood just didn't fire this weekend .... Patches of good play but far too many mistakes....after watching many of u16 matches these last two days my view is that Penrith are looking too strong and will run out likely winners if they can avoid being rattled like they were in some parts of their QF against Illawarra this afternoon

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Penrith are hot and cold.
My tip is that Gordon will get home.
Why do you say that?
Main reason is the slope. Also looks narrow. (probably isn't). Gives the team an advantage when they're running down hill that shouldn't be part of the game at this level. I know you'll say both teams get to play downhill, but thats not the point at JSC in 40 minute games.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Main reason is the slope. Also looks narrow. (probably isn't). Gives the team an advantage when they're running down hill that shouldn't be part of the game at this level. I know you'll say both teams get to play downhill, but thats not the point at JSC in 40 minute games.

Its not just downhill its got a few undulations in it as well.
Seemed to be fewer outside breaks on the top field compared to the main one s0 maybe it is narrower.

Magilla

Frank Nicholson (4)
U17 results for today :

Sthn Districts lost to West Harbour
Eastwood lost to Central Coast
Warringah defeated Gordon
Sthn Districts lost to Eastwood
Gordon lost to West Harbour Field
Warringah lost to Central Coast

Rankings for Semi's
1. Central Coast
2. Warringah
3. West Habour
4. Eastwood

BlueandRed

Frank Row (1)
U13s saw Manly beat Central Coast 38-0 in QF. Gordon beat Warringah by 7 tries to 3 I think. ACT beat Central West 12-7. Southern districts beat Illawarra 17-14 right on the bell. Semis same as last year. Manly v Souths and Gordon v ACT. Central West surprise packet of tournament. Played great and never gave in.
Penrith low lite with several sent off and lots of cheap shots in multiple games. Toe to toe fight vs Warringah after a lot of foul play. Two of them sent off there and could have been more as five of them tried to incite Warringah to go again after teams had been separated.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You seem to have been on the money with this one.:)

I'd seen them play over some time.
That is why I am so incensed by suggestions they were a super team put together for the glorification of the parents.
The parent/coaches went out of their way to provide a platform for the kids who wanted to or were prepared to play at this level.
Better still a couple of kids who were new to reps, forwards, really aimed up in 2 games while the tournament was still alive for them.
Hopefully they learnt the most valuable lesson rugby teaches: your best effort is always good enough.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
U17 results for today :

Sthn Districts lost to West Harbour
Eastwood lost to Central Coast
Warringah defeated Gordon
Sthn Districts lost to Eastwood
Gordon lost to West Harbour Field
Warringah lost to Central Coast

Rankings for Semi's
1. Central Coast
2. Warringah
3. West Habour
4. Eastwood

Central Coast won the U'17s Country Championships beating the Hunter who had won the previous two years. They also had a great run in the JGC only losing to Victoria 24-7 and Sydney North Harbour 12-11. Over the weekend they have beaten Eastwood, Gordon and Warringah, all of whom have clearly been the strongest teams in this age group throughout the years.

Is this a result of a massive improvement of how Central Coast play or have the Sydney teams lost that many players that they are no longer playing to the high standard that I have seen in the past.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
U13s saw Manly beat Central Coast 38-0 in QF. Gordon beat Warringah by 7 tries to 3 I think. ACT beat Central West 12-7. Southern districts beat Illawarra 17-14 right on the bell. Semis same as last year. Manly v Souths and Gordon v ACT. Central West surprise packet of tournament. Played great and never gave in.
Penrith low lite with several sent off and lots of cheap shots in multiple games. Toe to toe fight vs Warringah after a lot of foul play. Two of them sent off there and could have been more as five of them tried to incite Warringah to go again after teams had been separated.
Seriously, in under 13's. This is not a good look fir the game, and reflects poorly on good work others are doing to grow the game. Hopefully this will be addressed and fixed asap.

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
For a district with a strong heritige of representative players in the past, Warringah Juniors (other than the recent and now current U17 squad) seem to be struggling in most age groups. Are they losing out to league, not enough boys in the private system (ie not getting a higher calibre of rugby constantly)?

Thoughts anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom