• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Debating 2023

GAS

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS does not rotate speakers in Reps. I believe the speaking order has not been determined yet. Reportedly, the state speaker from Scotts spoke second in the out-rounds of NSDC, while the speaker from Shore spoke first in the in-rounds and fourth in the out-rounds. However, the speaker from Grammar is a second, making this a challenging balancing act.

The Bait

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would expect any 4th speaker/ reserve who is in year 12 to give up their spot. This happens a lot. Why hang around when you don’t debate.

The top 6 selected in the 1s and 2s have speaking roles so being selected in the seconds means you attained more speaker points than the 4th speaker in the firsts. In the event someone is sick or absent in the 1s, they call up someone from the 2’s and the reserve then debates in the 2s.

happy to hear others’ experience but this is how it typically works

Asdyjftj

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone know the results of the archdale Semis tonight ? Maybe lesdebats or asdyftt
7B Loretto Kirribilli and Abbotsleigh proceed
7A SCEGGS and Roseville
8B Meriden and Ravenswood
8A Tara and Kambla
Juniors Meriden and Wenona
Year 9 MLC and Abbotsleigh
Year 10 Queenwood and Abbotsleigh
Seniors SCEGGS and Abbotsleigh

Asdyjftj

Frank Nicholson (4)
FYI everyone is putting waaaaay too much stock into GPS reps. There is a new CA this year, so a new coach.

Yet predictably, instead of celebrating speakers and their years of hard work the discussion devolves into misinformed speculation. I can't believe I have to tell you that you are clearly being trolled/baited.

Good intentions are worth little when they result in (or even merely enable) this thread. FWIW this thread is viewed with contempt by those actually involved in debating and regularly ridiculed.

That'll be the last of me apart from post-season results updates if necessary. I implore you all to touch grass.

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello Green and Gold Community.

I am the best debater of all time. The master debater even.

The GPS competition will bow before me as I take my place with the debating greats like Seamus, Udai and Kat Quo.

For any more information on my situation, respond to this message as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Professional Debater.

lesdebats

Bob McCowan (2)
I am back from touching grass. Any predictions for tonight's debates? Will be interesting to see how Joeys and Shore go in the race for the top in two very challenging matchups. Perchance an upset from View against Grammar as they are coming off a High win? Best of luck to all teams in what will be a very entertaining and interesting round.

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
I am back from touching grass. Any predictions for tonight's debates? Will be interesting to see how Joeys and Shore go in the race for the top in two very challenging matchups. Perchance an upset from View against Grammar as they are coming off a High win? Best of luck to all teams in what will be a very entertaining and interesting round.
I believe the JOEYS and RIVERVIEW will win.

Some last-minute predictions from my all-seeing orb of Debating Power.

Orb is Always Right.

Regards,
Professional Debater

Romanforum

Frank Nicholson (4)
Motion tonight:” that as mr brown you would not allow your family to bring bear home”

Great motion. This sounds like a very Mikey sort of motion. More of this please!

the_prince

Frank Row (1)

I am the best debater of all time. The master debater even.

The GPS competition will bow before me as I take my place with the debating greats like Seamus, Udai and Kat Quo.

For any more information on my situation, respond to this message as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Professional Debater.
glad stratton is back on the forum

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)

I am the best debater
Yes a state team bias clearly evident by Shore and Scots cripplingly bad performances. Shore is surely not at the top of their ladder having beaten Joeys and Grammar. Scots surely doesn't have one of the best debaters in the state presently. Stop with these useless and silly insinuations and wake up to the truth. The state team selection process is one of if not the most thorough trials that are conducted by world class adjes and debaters. Don't mind the grammar support and they definitely are a good team with noteworthy debaters but just because the firsts GPS team isn't an all Grammar team don't start dragging down debaters who have time and time again proven their competency.

Get over it

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
Paddington was a great film. The bear was hilarious.

The Orb of Debating Power turned out to be faulty. Will not trust my Orb guy any longer.

Intuition is my greatest tool. Will rely on my great mind alone from now on (unless someone here has connections.)

If you know an Orb Guy or Mechanic, respond to this post with their information.

Regards,
Professional Debater.

BJones

Bob McCowan (2)
Paddington was a great film. The bear was hilarious.

The Orb of Debating Power turned out to be faulty. Will not trust my Orb guy any longer.

Intuition is my greatest tool. Will rely on my great mind alone from now on (unless someone here has connections.) (WHAT A FOOL)

If you know an Orb Guy or Mechanic, respond to this post with their information. (I AM THE MASTER OF ALL ORBS - I HAVE DEEMED YOU UNWORTHY)

Regards,
Professional Debater.
The poster known as Professional Debater has been exposed as a fraud. There can only be one omniscient debater, and that is me, BJones.

Professional Debater stay in your lane, and maybe eventually I shall deem you worthy of The Orb.

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
The poster known as Professional Debater has been exposed as a fraud. There can only be one omniscient debater, and that is me, BJones.

Professional Debater stay in your lane, and maybe eventually I shall deem you worthy of The Orb.
Well I am yet to see your powers BJones the wise, but believe you have promise.

Maybe with sufficient proof I will let you take your place in my Debating Palace as part of the grand Debating DLC.

Regards,
Professional Debater

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
May I enquire who is part of your royal dynasty in the debating DLC?

regards,
Debatingguy2-0
Of course.

Me. Aristotle. Cicero. Bo Seo. Winston Churchill. Winston from Overwatch. Dara óBrian. Udai Kamath. David Africa. Charlie Ryan. Sam Trotter. Udayan Mukherjee. Seamus Patrick Dove.

And just maybe BJones.

Regards,
Professional Debater.

BJones

Bob McCowan (2)
Of course.

Me. Aristotle. Cicero. Bo Seo. Winston Churchill. Winston from Overwatch. Dara óBrian. Udai Kamath. David Africa. Charlie Ryan. Sam Trotter. Udayan Mukherjee. Seamus Patrick Dove.

And just maybe BJones.

Regards,
Professional Debater.

Professional Debater is correct these are members of the DLC which I FORMED AS THE GREAT BJones. Whilst Professional Debater has named most members they have forgotten James Stratton, Georgia Cooper and of course most notably Joe.

Professional Debater, I have deemed thee worthy of the orb once more. Keep preaching the truth, and stand firm.

BJones speaks the truth.