• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Debating 2023

Romanforum

Frank Nicholson (4)
Congratulations to Shore on the GPS premiership, well deserved. Question is will Joeys join them or will it be outright - that will depend on whether View can reverse the ISDA quarter final result.
Grammar can still get there but require some almighty upsets for that to happen.

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
Congratulations to Shore on the GPS premiership, well deserved. Question is will Joeys join them or will it be outright - that will depend on whether View can reverse the ISDA quarter final result.
Grammar can still get there but require some almighty upsets for that to happen.
I believe that the tie is inevitable. Good luck both teams, a have a funny debate that will make me laugh.

The podium will be shared, a victory fit for professionals.

Regards,
Professional Debater

fact checker

Frank Nicholson (4)
AS IT IS WRITTEN “HE WHO SPEAKS FOR SHORE SHALL SPEAK 4TH FOR REPS”

CAS SHALL WIN, SO SHALL CHS

I AM BJONES DO NOT QUESTION THEE
Wow surprising results indeed. Predicted GPS would win but perhaps not.
Big surprise to see Shore state speaker speaking 4th as well - does GPS rotate or will this be permanent?

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
Oh BJones,

Do you pass the Funny Test? Trying to imitate me, the original, shall only anger me. If you become funnier, we could rule together.

Gold and Green can and will change. This town can be big enough for the both of us, but you must be funny.

Your FUNNY TRIALS will begin now.
Good Luck BJones.

Regards,
Professional Debater

Told that for CHS vs IGSA:

1sts: CHS won in a 2-1 split decision

2nds: CHS won in a clear cut (3-0) decision

3rds: IGSA won (1 adjudicator)

That would mean that currently standings are:
CHS: 5/6
GPS: 4/6
CAS: 2/6
IGSA: 1/6

The Bait

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’m really glad my dire predictions about IGSA are wrong so far. What a great start, esp the Year 10 thirds team beating CHS and the firsts taking an adj off CHS.

The Firsts predictably looks like a CHS v GPS battle with GPS looking strong after easily accounting for CAS.

CAS v CHS will determine the seconds winner. I think CAS. It’s a very strong team for a seconds team.

GPS is quite strong for the thirds, expecting a 3-0 comfortably here.

So that would have GPS taking out the win overall for 2023.

fact checker

Frank Nicholson (4)
From what I have heard, gps will rotate speakers if speakers want to rotate, but also the teams were not picked off speaker position but exclusively on speaker scores.

The results from last nights GPS vs CAS debates are as follows:

1sts: GPS won in a clear cut decision (probably due to the 2 state speakers and the other 2 strong speakers from grammar and joeys)

2nds: CAS won in a very close debate where the chair got rolled, from the speakers I have spoken to from GPS the term 'robbery' was used quite liberally

3rds: GPS won no surprises there

Cheers,
Debatingguy2-0
Do you know of the 1s gps/cas team line ups for those debates?

Professional Debater

Bob McCowan (2)
DEBATING CALAMITY
DEBATING CLAYMORE
DEBATING LANGUAGE
DEBATING RUNES
DEBATING SUPER SHOTGUN (doom)
DEBATING TAURUS DEMON (ds1)

Some great ideas from the mind.

Regards,
Professional Debater.

lesdebats

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys beat view on the aff that latin american countries should not cooperate with US gov in the war on drugs.