• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW V QLD hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ash said:
Sagerian said:
Ways that Quade Cooper is entertaining:
- That haircut

You mean the one similar to Beale's half mullet? Well done to Beale though for taking over the mantle as Australia's ugliest football player. In all codes.

I'm not too worried about Cooper dropping any ball, to be honest. Beale will fall off at least 4 to 5 tackles for every dropped ball by any Reds player. And then there's Phil Waugh. I'm amazed he can still walk with that upper body. A grandmother with a walking frame is faster than Waugh now. What NSW really need is Queensland to send them another Wendell Sailor.

Hey hi-jinks...speaking of red necks - how's it going at Cronulla and Manly? I think Pauline Hanson has returned in the wrong area. She'd be a lock for the Shire.

Soooo...anyone got the head to head stats on Queensland v NSW over the last 20 years?

Beale's is almost as bad, but Cooper's gone with the "Double Mullet", one at the top of his head and another at the back. It's pretty creepy.

Beale's tackling style is an unusual strategy, it's the "I'll hug you and see if you're shocked enough to fall to the ground" tackle. It's a bold new style, much different from Peter Hewat's "Jazz hands" defense, so we'll wait and see if it pays off. :)

I'm also expecting Waugh to fire up and smash a few people on Friday.

I convieniently don't have the QLD/NSW stats for the past 20 years, but I know overall NSW is killing it. ;D

T

TOCC

Re: Att all Pauline Hanson voters

hi-jinks said:
That's reds fans to the rest of us.

Riddle me this:

Why couldn't the powerhouse that is QLD rugby (yes I know powerhouse and QLD in the same sentence is funny) use/ develop / showcase their own backrow talent?

Why does an Australian team feature a Kiwi, a damm stinkin Kiwi?
It really goes against all the Pauline Hanson White Australia policies.
How would the great Mark Loane or Sam Scott Young take the news that the QRL have employed a Kiwi......a damm stinkin Kiwi to wear the medicocre jumper they wore because they had to (because they too were rednecks from QLD).
Even the devastating in attack John Roe and Garrick Morgan would be offended, sure Garrick can't spell offended, but I am sure he would be offended.
*seal clap*

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How can you hate Queenslanders, I was always taught to show compassion for less fortunate souls.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sagerian said:
- That haircut
- Good value when footage of him is shown with the Benny Hill theme music
- Eddie Jones made him cry (although we all went through that at one time)

...and I think that's about it really.

Other ways he is entertaining:

- when he's winning tests for the Wallabies whilst Kurtley snacks on another Big Mac back in Australia.
- when he's taking on 100kg opposition players and physically dominating them whilst Kurtley attempts to pat the ball out of the opposition hands.

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
Noddy said:
- when he's taking on 100kg opposition players and physically dominating them whilst Kurtley attempts to pat the ball out of the opposition hands.

To be fair, it was the italian prop that was entertaining on that ocassion.

Also, Eddie Jones made him cry.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Sagerian said:
- That haircut
- Good value when footage of him is shown with the Benny Hill theme music
- Eddie Jones made him cry (although we all went through that at one time)

...and I think that's about it really.

Other ways he is entertaining:

- when he's winning tests for the Wallabies whilst Kurtley snacks on another Big Mac back in Australia.

It will be interesting to see how the Reds defend against Beale's attacking kicking game, 3 tries in three games is pretty impressive

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ash said:
Hey hi-jinks...speaking of red necks - how's it going at Cronulla and Manly? I think Pauline Hanson has returned in the wrong area. She'd be a lock for the Shire.

Alright lets stay on topic here. There is need to start lobbing bombs at gods country in your piss weak attempts to denegrate the waratah rugby team.

Most of you Red supporters are doing a James Horwill (see my avatar) when composing your posts for this thread.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
fatprop said:
It will be interesting to see how the Reds defend against Beale's attacking kicking game, 3 tries in three games is pretty impressive
and another in last year's final.. 4 in 4 games

Ash said:
She'd be a lock for the Shire.
She's not very tall...

H

hi-jinks

PS, can you rednecks come and take Sammi Lucas back?
Is it a requirement for all Queenslanders to have no talent?
The skin must be right off her knees by now, much like Sascha Laws or Barry Lea.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
hi-jinks said:
Not to mention: He's a Kiwi, a damm stinkin Kiwi. (like Braid).

Where does costalottie come from again?
Fiji I think.

Reds by 10

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Interesting you lot have your oldest provincial rivalry match and in SA the same thing. Bulls vs Stormers, North vs South.

Both teams in blue at home and should take it easily.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Interesting you lot have your oldest provincial rivalry match and in SA the same thing. Bulls vs Stormers, North vs South.

Both teams in blue at home and should take it easily.

Away teams will be in blue and black ... on their way home.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tuqiri calls Reds 'barbecue entertainers'

Rupert Guinness | March 5, 2009

WARATAHS winger Lote Tuqiri has challenged the Reds to continue playing as the self-proclaimed entertainers of Super 14, believing that if they do they won't have the gas to go the full season, let alone beat NSW tomorrow night.

There was a sting in Tuqiri's comments when he responded to claims this week by young gun Reds five-eighth Quade Cooper that the Waratahs play "a simple, boring style" while Queensland are "really exciting".

Speaking yesterday at the Sydney Football Stadium, where the Waratahs and Reds will play their top-billing derby, Tuqiri warned the 20-year-old Cooper that he will have to match his words with actions tomorrow night.

"It's good with the chat and everything else, but it's what you do out on the field," Tuqiri said.

"I know I would rather be entertaining the crowd come Super 14 semi-final time rather than entertaining friends at an end-of-season barbecue. So we will see where that puts them at the end of the year. But I know where I would rather be at this time of year. We have a shot of building into the season and hopefully getting a semi-final spot."

Tuqiri said the Super 14 ladder clearly showed which team was dominant - after three rounds the Waratahs are second with 14 points after three wins, while the Reds are ninth with six points after one win.

The passion of the winger's words was matched by his No.10 teammate, Kurtley Beale, Cooper's nemesis since they played each other at state representative schoolboy level.

"They can be the entertainers but they have lost two," Beale said. "We might play some boring rugby, but it's good to get the three wins plus two bonus point wins. A lot of people can come out and say we play a pretty boring type of game, but we are only just getting started, mate."

Beale will relish his head-to-head clash with Cooper, who beat him for a spot on the Wallabies tour last year. "It will be a very exciting battle," Beale said. "I can't wait."

The Reds have made two changes to the side that beat the Cheetahs. Charlie Fetoai returns to No.13 from a shoulder injury and Dayna Edwards replaces Laurie Weeks as No.3.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Nice one Lote. You crack me so consistently up.

I was wondering what our boys would dream up for a comeback, so I'm glad we had our best writers on the job.

H

hi-jinks

The reds should be used to their season finishing a few weeks before nsw for the past few years.

F

formeropenside

hi-jinks said:
The reds should be used to their season finishing a few weeks before nsw for the past few years.

I think the seasons finished at the same time in 2007, I'm sure you will recall.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
not really, 13th place is a terrible result for us and I tend to purge those memories. Queensland however have become quite comfortable at the bottom of the table

F

formeropenside

Moses said:
not really, 13th place is a terrible result for us and I tend to purge those memories. Queensland however have become quite comfortable at the bottom of the table

I guess you have forgotten the entire 1990's then...no wonder NSW actually think they are a good side if they conveniantly forget all the bad years.

Status
Not open for further replies.