• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW V QLD hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Moses said:
not really, 13th place is a terrible result for us and I tend to purge those memories. Queensland however have become quite comfortable at the bottom of the table

I guess you have forgotten the entire 1990's then...no wonder NSW actually think they are a good side if they conveniantly forget all the bad years.

It must be getting frustrating though that your successes can only be seen in black-and-white footage. It seems like holding out for a Queensland winning season is like keeping the porch light on for Harold Holt...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Moses said:
not really, 13th place is a terrible result for us and I tend to purge those memories. Queensland however have become quite comfortable at the bottom of the table

I guess you have forgotten the entire 1990's then...no wonder NSW actually think they are a good side if they conveniantly forget all the bad years.

No, we remember the bad years.

The Tahs were absolutely shit through that time and I don't think you will hear anyone saying anything different, but things have change since Dwyer and then Link improved the culture.

Queensland are just coming out of their "shit" years but still have a long way to go.

H

hi-jinks

Dwyer and Link fixed the culture? Dwyer stuffs every team he coaches. Leicster were smart enough to sack him after 1 year.
Turn it up. What ever Randwick wankers touch turns to shit. NSW were playing like a team coached by a tighthead prop.
It's nice to see the shackles off their ankles this year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
hi-jinks said:
Dwyer and Link fixed the culture? Dwyer stuffs every team he coaches. Leicster were smart enough to sack him after 1 year.
Turn it up. What ever Randwick wankers touch turns to shit. NSW were playing like a team coached by a tighthead prop.
It's nice to see the shackles off their ankles this year.

Not really, Dwyer has done well as well in different role.

Link is pragmatic, the Tahs had pretty shit backs, but decent forwards and played to that strength.

With Harrison and Vickerman as locks why wouldn't you kick to the corners and create pressure?

We haven't had a decent 10 for years so we ended up putting Beale in well before we should have - and he is just now coming good.

On Beale, has anyone else noticed in his first year he was kicking for himself and regathering to score tries, and now the rest of the team has caught up and they are scoring the tries from his kicks.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tahs'/Reds' birthplaces, from their unions' websites:

Tahs
20 NSW
3 ACT
2 Qld/Fiji
1 Vic/WA/NT/NZ/Canada

Reds
14 Qld
8 NZ
7 NSW
2 ACT
1 PNG

That sounds about right considering the socio/economic imperatives of Australia during the last two decades allied with the recent performances of the QRU.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No offense fatprop, but your realistic and well thought out post is woefully out of place in this thread. We don't like that kind of talk around here. Take it elsewhere! :-X

fatprop said:

The Tahs were absolutely shit through that time and I don't think you will hear anyone saying anything different, but things have change since Dwyer and then Link improved the culture.

Queensland are just coming out of their "shit" years but still have a long way to go.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lindommer said:
Tahs'/Reds' birthplaces, from their unions' websites:

Tahs
20 NSW
3 ACT
2 Qld/Fiji
1 Vic/WA/NT/NZ/Canada

Reds
14 Qld
8 NZ
7 NSW
2 ACT
1 PNG

That sounds about right considering the socio/economic imperatives of Australia during the last two decades allied with the recent performances of the QRU.

Actually, it's only partially right. Most migration stops in NSW. The 7 NSW born people in Qld, though, are largely representative of the exodus to the northern havens from this southern over populated stinkpile descending into corrupt politician run anarchic mayhem. Funny that the Tahs flourish in a time like that...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And one or two strange people chose to leave that "northern haven" to voluntarily live in "this southern over populated stinkpile".

If the cap fits, Ash... 8) 8) 8)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lindommer said:
And one or two strange people chose to leave that "northern haven" to voluntarily live in "this southern over populated stinkpile".

If the cap fits, Ash... 8) 8) 8)

Can't think of anyone that would do that...

Oh, wait.

Bugger.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
fatprop said:
formeropenside said:
Moses said:

I too remember the bad old days, in particular NSW used to always criticise QLD for playing boring rugby.

F

formeropenside

mark_s said:
fatprop said:
formeropenside said:
Moses said:

I too remember the bad old days, in particular NSW used to always criticise QLD for playing boring rugby.

Beating NSW was never boring.

Then again, I'd love nothing better than watching a 50m pushover try at scrumtime, because I love forward play.

R

Rugby Rat

Yes. Beating NSW gets boring so the Reds should bash them as well. Just lke Jinksy copped it without vass against the mighty Reds.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
mark_s said:
fatprop said:
formeropenside said:
Moses said:

That was when Qld used to win .........................

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Why is it that when this rivalry games is on we all go back to the names NSW & Queensland or WeePee & NTvl. Love that. :thumb

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
You know, the easiest thing to do would be for the NZRU to ship over equal amounts of weapons to each side of the QLD/NSW border and let you finish the job off for them... >:D

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Thomond78 said:
You know, the easiest thing to do would be for the NZRU to ship over equal amounts of weapons to each side of the QLD/NSW border and let you finish the job off for them... >:D

Que? We wouldn't know how to do that in this part of the world. Now who could give us a lesson in the fine art of gun running? :nta: :nta: :nta:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thomond78 said:
Do NZ have any weapons, apart from old, unregisterable Holdens?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
nz_navy.jpg

F

formeropenside

Moses said:

Yeah, but they only have two of those Moses, and they can't send half their navy off to Australia when there is a fair chance the crew wont come back.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I saw one of them beached at Bondi the other day, no sign of the crew

Status
Not open for further replies.