• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ domestic competitions 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ mate I think we all know that the fast track to All Blackdom runs through Cheechee & 'canes & Clan pride themselves on running locks who're really 6's :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A pantsing for the 'pies:

James Parsons with a double & what's gotta be a first-ever conversion in his 100th Harbour cap.

EDIT: I must be officially an ex-сайтовs supporter: they're playing & I'm watching but don't really care if they win or lose. Changeth the jersey, changeth the man!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ it possibly helps that the transition is Red & Black to Scarlet & Navy as opposed to, say, Amber & Black or, God forbid, Blue & White :)

A true story from the "WTF do they teach kids at school these days?" file:

At work we're right behind (pardon the pun) Blue September which is all about raising money for prostate cancer research & we have some cardboard cutouts of the Ambassador wearing a blue wig. One of our yardies comes in t'other day & asks "who's he?". Assuming he doesn't recognise him due to the wig I say "Buck". Dan looks blank so I say "Buck Shelford". Still looks blank so I say "Only undefeated AB captain ever & hadest bastard ever to wear the jersey". Still nothing. And he's not even a loigie, plays prop for Ngaruawahia Senior Reserves so no excuse in my book.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ somehow that doesn't disturb that me as much as it once would've. Which is rather disturbing in its own way. Oh well, it is what is is I s'pose. Still working through the transition issues I guess. BTW Akira has been rather beast-like v 'naki. Not that anyone "important" will notice or care.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Just caught the last 15 minutes of the game in New Plymouth. Great match, Plummer might be on the Blues’ Messiah list soon. Tough gig for Perofeta at the end but didn’t really look like kicking it.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Despite taking a leaf out of Owens book vis-à-vis ~20 metre penalty advantages, good old Glen Jackson couldn't stop the brake deficient blue and white hooped train.

Choo choo, beaches.
Yep, refs are just too scared to make decisions at the end of close games so let the play run.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^ somehow that doesn't disturb that me as much as it once would've. Which is rather disturbing in its own way. Oh well, it is what is is I s'pose. Still working through the transition issues I guess. BTW Akira has been rather beast-like v 'naki. Not that anyone "important" will notice or care.

Thought Akira played best game I have seen him play for quite some time, apart from getting lazy in the a couple of tackles, and he not a bad tackler just every now and then he takes easy way out and doesn't put his shoulder on the player. he needs to sort that out to take the big step, but he looking more like it. I actually think Papalii looks better than Akira at moment, though if Akira stops clocking out he could be a great of the game I think!
Geez that was one great game of rugby to watch, Manu and Rayisi are a couple of good young players aren't they?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just caught the last 15 minutes of the game in New Plymouth. Great match, Plummer might be on the Blues’ Messiah list soon. Tough gig for Perofeta at the end but didn’t really look like kicking it.

Yep was hard kick at end and Waaka had missed a lot easier one with the try before. Thought Perofata played a bloody good game altogether!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^^^ it possibly helps that the transition is Red & Black to Scarlet & Navy as opposed to, say, Amber & Black or, God forbid, Blue & White :)

A true story from the "WTF do they teach kids at school these days?" file:

At work we're right behind (pardon the pun) Blue September which is all about raising money for prostate cancer research & we have some cardboard cutouts of the Ambassador wearing a blue wig. One of our yardies comes in t'other day & asks "who's he?". Assuming he doesn't recognise him due to the wig I say "Buck". Dan looks blank so I say "Buck Shelford". Still looks blank so I say "Only undefeated AB captain ever & hadest bastard ever to wear the jersey". Still nothing. And he's not even a loigie, plays prop for Ngaruawahia Senior Reserves so no excuse in my book.

One can only shake one's head WOB!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights of the 'naki almost derailing the Aucks:

EDIT: 'naki now a point behind Counties Manukau who've got a game in hand & a somewhat easier run in:

Tasman
Northland
North Harbour
сайтовs

c.f.

Harbour
сайтовs
Wellys

EDIT: C-M picked up a losing BP v Mako so now have a two-point breathing space which will surely be enough to keep them in the Premiership.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wellington too good for Manawatu:

Week six wrap:

http://mitre10cup.co.nz/News/33128/mitre-10-cup-review-week-six

Hard to see Harbour catching any of Auckland, Tasman, Canterbury or Wellington so that's probably the semi finalists in the Premiership sorted.

Championship top four looks to be Waikato, Hawkes Bay, Northland & Otago unless one of them implodes & Bay of Plenty string three or four big wins together. Neither of which appears likely at this point.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
A pantsing for the 'pies:

James Parsons with a double & what's gotta be a first-ever conversion in his 100th Harbour cap.

Any news on Canberran centre James Dargaville for North Harbour, who got into a bad position making a tackle and had to be taken off?