• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The chad Blues will remain top of the table in a competition containing 7/8 of the last Super Rugby champions.

The end times truly are upon us.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ normal Loss Bleus Hype Train service will be resumed 11/07/20 at Not Lancaster Park

IMG_0314.JPG

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiffs 0-2, first time for 3 home losses on the trot in almost 20 years? SuperCoach Gats might have to actually do some coaching instead of browsing which luxury spa's his Lions squad will be bathrobing at.

How long will the Chiffs take to turn on Gatland? HOW LONG?

0-3 would be quiet yet stern rumblings.

0-4 would be ffs, can this c**t.

0-5 would be OMG he's following the same Chiefs path as Ian Foster, fast track him to AB's job.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Akira's D was very disciplined, almost reluctantly so at times. A few chances where I could see he was about to lurch in and have a go and thought better of it.

Looks lean too. Putting the Kale into KFC.

Looking forward to Blues loosies waterboarding TJ's heroes up and down the banks of the River Avon. Hyped to Hades Cullen Grace, bald at 22 Christie, and whatever Blackadder crybaby is still tenured down there.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep pleased with that.

Blues really started humming in the last 20 minutes after staying in the grind for 60 minutes.

Beaudie improved from last week and his touches of class were important, Akira made a good fist of 6, Sotutu is unreal and Tuipulotu just keeps getting better.

Really was not impressed by Weber for Chiefs. His kicking was really poor.

Blues discipline the work on. Ben O'Chief lost the plot at times though.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

A few of his box kicks basically went straight up and down. In those instances, shouldn't the Chiefs forwards ahead of him have all been penalised for not actively trying to retreat out of that 10m circle from where the ball lands, or whatever the hell the exact ruling was they introduced a few years ago?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
TJ said that the ref's had to away and reduce the penalty count.

Wrong, the players have to away and reduce the penalty count.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
A lot of indiscipline out there today; players off their feet and entering rucks from the side.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Enjoyed that, bit wet and it slowed things a bit, but still good game and my thoughts are, right at the start I couldn't believe how trim Akira looked KFC was surely closed during lockdown, he actually played ok, not great but ok. Papalii's bin/penalty was fair enough, he missed the ball at first attempt and when he stepped over player he should of just driven thorugh, ruck had formed and ya can't pick a ball up then!! Sotutu looks a bloody tasty player to me, now all you jokers that have been screaming about Akira for the last few years, this is how I wanted HIM to play, he seems quick, he tackles well, looks to be looking for work and seems he a good lineout target. so at 21 if keeps improving he will be pretty bloody good!! PT has gone to a whole new level and is really showing what selectors could see in him, he looking like a bloody good international lock to me! Blues backline looks bloody good doesn't it? And BB is certainly giving them good pay for getting him, he is constantly chatting and seemingly guiding them out wide, and f*** me a blues backline that thinks was always going to be f***en dangerous!

Also add other thing that showed you need some real experience in tighties, and Chiefs are going to struggles until Ardon etc are back, loosies can do bugger all if they in tight too much. I suspect we will see this reinforced agin with the Canes today. sigh!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep pleased with that.

Blues really started humming in the last 20 minutes after staying in the grind for 60 minutes.

Beaudie improved from last week and his touches of class were important, Akira made a good fist of 6, Sotutu is unreal and Tuipulotu just keeps getting better.

Blues discipline the work on. Ben O'Chief lost the plot at times though.

Otoh, Nock's kicking game was highly impressive. Best I've seen from a No 9 in a long time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No, at that point he had forced two turnovers, including the ball-strip that gave the Blues possession for that try (that I believe WOB was referring to), and stopped a few Chiefs ball-carriers in their tracks.

Wasn't sure who made the strip. Found it interesting that they mostly ran him in the tramlines where a hooker would normally be, presumably for his offloading ability of which he produced two or three. Hard to see him holding the six jersey when Big Red comes back & obviously Sotutu is locked in at eight so could be him & Papali'i scrapping it out for a bench spot when Gibson returns.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The commentators mentioned we might not see Big Red until the final few games, if then, unfortunately.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Had Akira gone missing up til then WOB?

He did ok, I think we all realise that Akira is never going to be as good as a few fanbois were thinking a couple of years back, he seems to playing a more balanced game, he did seem to work better in defence, did a couple of good strips I saw, just needs to work out a little better what to do at breakdown, he seems really uncertain when to go in. As WOB says, doubt he will hold out Robinson when he becomes available, but could get a game at 8 if they feel Sotutu needs a rest.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like it's stopped raining in Wellywood but it's still chilly, 9C with a high of 11 forecast. Also blustery, up to 34km/h but from the West so may not have too much impact as the ground runs pretty much North-South.

Edit: wind has swung around & is now southerly so it's going to have some effect on proceedings.